Where can I find Halloween Joko mobs?

Oglaf.1074

I did the farming route today in Mount Maelstrom. Three spawn points for the minions 1-3 spawn at a time. I joined the tag, others did not. so needless to say at times the minions were dead by the time we got there. Reminds me of the champ farm in Queensdale long ago. People not following tag, ppl getting frustrated because they didn't get in on the kill. I will try to farm early in the morning, maybe get on a map that is mostly empty. Good luck to everyone else trying to get 150 kills without PoF.

@Oglaf.1074 said:See the mounts thing inside of the labyrinth makes sense. Sure, have a race in the Halloween area, why not. But this is just blatantly pushing you to PoF areas for no reason connected to the event at all. That's why it is stupid, IMO.

In theory, the mobs added to two zones should be enough. The problem is that this is the first few days people are learning of the option, so it's too competitive for the spawn rate. The same thing will probably happen first week of November (last few days of the festival) so I recommend giving it a try next week, ideally at off hours.

@Fluffball.8307 said:Well their location isn't super important, it sounds like the spawn rate is what is annoying people. Anet tends to underestimate how quickly people like to rush the APs.

Or people tend to rush rather than be patient. It's hard to plan around peak-load, when (more often than not), the vast majority of time spent by the vast majority of players isn't during the rush.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Then why not have Joko invade the Labyrinth this year? I mean, the mobs are already in-fighting as is.

Thats what we were hoping for... but Legacy content (the Lab being year 1 Halloween) is hard to work with. I was much more expecting that they were adding a new min-game mode, or a new Story Arc where Joko runs into Thorn on his break out from Mists. The knock off effect, however, is that the Mad King would be thrust into main Canon, when hes only really written to work as side canon (which is how they treat the holiday events).

If it were me, I would had ran with this other idea of Thorn finding Joko in his prison, and turning him into a side show for a Halloween event. That or Bloody Prince Part 2, where Edric colludes with Joko to ursup Thorn, using enchanted tar to shield him from his weakness to Candy corn. The only reason the players even get involved is that Thorn, as dangerous as he is, is easier to contain then Edric if he were to get loose.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Then why not have Joko invade the Labyrinth this year? I mean, the mobs are already in-fighting as is.

Well------------since Joko is trapped in the Mists, and transportation ain't what it used ta be----------all he can do is gnash his teeth in frustration and hope his minion's can be a BIG irritant to the Mad King (and the Thorn in his side as well)!!

Archived