Crashing when selecting 'Exit to Desktop' — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

Crashing when selecting 'Exit to Desktop'

Frahaleah.5893Frahaleah.5893 Member ✭✭
edited July 30, 2020 in Account & Technical Support

Okay. so as of the newest episode of the Icebrood Saga, I've found that if I exit the game via Exit to Desktop from ingame or going back to the character select screen causes the game to go not responding and have to close. Yet if I Exit to Desktop right after logging in and before entering the game with a character, it doesn't go not responding and have to close.

Here's the thing, I have never had this problem happen before Arenanet added Jormag Rising. Did they change the computer specs required with Jormag Rising or what?
Also, for those that will suggest I do a reinstall. I did, and it still happens.

Comments

• yeah have the same problem

• Well, that's good to know, not being sarcastic, that it's not just me.

• Miporin.3529Miporin.3529 Member ✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020

Same here, today after complete the daily and log out to desktop i got an error (gw2-64.exe) and the report window appeared, never happened before, start after the last patch and even occur after the last hot fix.

• Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can confirm this. The latest patch introduced a bug when exiting the game. Noticed this on windows 7 home premium 64 bit 2 days ago. It almost "stuck" and I had to use alt-tab or ctrl+alt+del to get the desktop appear (where the error box popped up). Yesterday it just closed normally to desktop but with the error box popping up. Haven't tried today yet.

I haven't changed anything else on the computer. And I'm not even playing the latest content. (Atm only daily for 2 gold, dive master and the LS3 daily ... in core maps + PvP.)

• So glad it's not just me... And surprised I'm not the only one who still games on a windows 7 computer. Sure it may be out of service update-wise, but with a good AV and common sense when browsing, the saying, If it ain't broke don't fix it, really fits.

edited July 30, 2020

Indeed, i have win 7 x64 too, seems a win 7 issue, hope the devs fix this and they do not discard the issue because is a old OS, lots of people still using Win 7 for a miriad of reasons, not just for gaming.
    So please devs, fix this issue.

@Fire Attunement.9835 , hope you guys already know this issue and try to make a hot fix.

• Frahaleah.5893Frahaleah.5893 Member ✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020

@Miporin.3529 said:
    Indeed, i have win 7 x64 too, seems a win 7 issue, hope the devs fix this and they do not discard the issue because is a old OS, lots of people still using Win 7 for a miriad of reasons, not just for gaming.
    So please devs, fix this issue.

It's not so much a major problem as a severe annoyance.
    And win7 ain't that old, unlike xp and vista.

• Katreyn.4218Katreyn.4218 Member ✭✭
    edited July 31, 2020

I was having this issue myself. Was no real problem other than the popup on closing. Also running Windows 7 64 bit.

But now, after most recent patch, the game totally locks up on "Exit to Desktop" and goes Not Responding and have to close it via task manager.

• Yup, same problem here. Windows 10 2004

• Haha. So it's not just a win7 issue.

• Exactly the same issue here...if I'm lucky I'll get the error box, if not it's a forced reboot. Only way out is to minimise and close it from outside.

@Frahaleah.5893 said:
    Haha. So it's not just a win7 issue.

And there was me thinking it was another way of pushing everyone onto win 10...