Photon Forge - An Engineering Kit

Chaith.8256

Agreed, however I see them being a little weary about buffing it at all atm because although it's probably one of the least broken things in Pof. Compared to pre-Pof dps averages (which is probably around where Anet wants to nerf ALL of the builds to) it's actually very strong.So idk, but I would definitely be behind a bit more synergy between core engine and photon forge.

@Zlater.6789 said:Agreed, however I see them being a little weary about buffing it at all atm because although it's probably one of the least broken things in Pof. Compared to pre-Pof dps averages (which is probably around where Anet wants to nerf ALL of the builds to) it's actually very strong.So idk, but I would definitely be behind a bit more synergy between core engine and photon forge.

Meh, you don't have to make kit traits like Backpack Regenerator or Streamlined Kits break Holosmith's damage... In fact I'm having trouble seeing that.

• 5 weeks later...

@Chaith.8256 said:Maybe it's the right time to give Photon Forge this status so traits like Backpack Regenerator and Streamlined Kits aren't left in the lurch when disabling kit use for 6 seconds upon entering Photon Forge.

I still don't understand why they haven't do that. I mean it's undoubtely a kit remplacing a f5 toolbelt skill (lazy design by the way) so why can't it be treated like it? This would give the elite spec more synergy too, coz right now the only synergy i see is explosive traitline shrapnel and Crystal configuration storm.

@Chaith.8256 said:Maybe it's the right time to give Photon Forge this status so traits like Backpack Regenerator and Streamlined Kits aren't left in the lurch when disabling kit use for 6 seconds upon entering Photon Forge.

I kind of like this idea. Make the forge an elite kit, and have its toolbelt skill be the laser skill. hell, I could get behind this, hell yeah!

@Ardid.7203 said:IMO they should just declare kits as the basic Prof Mechanic, and give every spec a proper kit: Gyros for Scrapper, PF for Holo. Maybe even link each normal kit to a specific traitline. Just, embrace the kits once and for all and work the balance from there...

Making Kits the Engineer specific utilities would be a nerf to Scrapper and Holo, eh? Kinda like if they made Meditations core Guardian only.

Second re-work as you put it, link kits to traitlines, that's kind of interesting. As in, Explosives unlock Grenade, Firearms unlock Flamethrower, Inventions unlock Bomb Kit, Alchemy unlock Elixir Gun, Tools unlock Toolkit. That means that 2-3 of your F skills would become kits

That'd be cool, and would probably balance Core Engineer with a unique class mechanic that Scrapper/Holo would give up. However, it would require a big balance overhaul, leave Engineers without as many utility choices.> @Ghos.1326 said:

I kind of like this idea. Make the forge an elite kit, and have its toolbelt skill be the laser skill. hell, I could get behind this, hell yeah!

What, no. Nothing changes except entering photon forge be considered as entering an engineering kit.

It's just an idea that should be extensively revised and adjusted before anything can happen.

Maybe every traitline gives you access to an specific (utility) kit, which you can put on your F buttons if you want, giving up on that specific tool skill in exchange for the kit. Every kit is still optional, except the last traitline: that one is linked to the elite specs, so it is your "central" kit as an Engineer, which you can't dismiss. For Holo, that central kit is the Photon Forge Kit. For Scrapper, it is a Gyros Kit, etc.

Going even further, I personally would combine Grenade and Mortar kit into a lone Grenade Launcher kit, ranged, linked to Explosives traitline and speccable for power OR condi; and heavily improve Medkit linking it to Inventions. IMO bomb kit is pure foulness: boring animation, incoherent dps output, redundant, etc. I would simply erase it (Maybe add a couple of bombs into Medkit).

Of course, all of this are wild dreams from a purely personal point of view.

PF counting as a kit for trait proc is a far more realistic petition, which I support.

If Photon Forge counted as an Engineering kit, what effect for streamlined kits trait would you like?

• Flash Spark (Spectrim Shield Toolbelt) with high heat bonus baseline. (That's 4s of Light Aura.)
  • 2 seconds of Spectrum Shield (no stunbreak).
  • Lesser Bladeburst (Laser Disk' Toolbelt) without the high heat 25% damage increase. (213 (0.8))
  • Solar Focusing Lens proc (Next 2 attacks Inflict 10% more damage and apply 2s burn.)

@Chaith.8256 said:If Photon Forge counted as an Engineering kit, what effect for streamlined kits trait would you like?

• 3s Light Aura
  • Two seconds of Spectrum Shield (no stunbreak).
  • 240 Radius Prismatic Singularity (Hard Light Arena Toolbelt skill).

The prismatic singularity is too similar to the bomb kit's current streamlined kits trait. Spectrum shield would make sense, and would be valuable in multiple game modes.

@Ardid.7203 said:Prismatic Singularity , would be so OP with my playstyle. Now I need it. Awesome. (Bomb kit can just disappear, for what I care...)Seriously, I would love it.

I agreed it'd be too similar to bomb kit and I removed Prismatic Singularity & added some more ideas.

@RedSPINE.7845 said:Too complicated, just give us 2s of quickness and that'll already be a big improvement.

Streamlined kits, so you've seen this trait? Glue Trail, Magnetic Bomb, they've got multiple brand new skills on proc, bro. But I think 2s quickness would be an option too

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Ardid.7203 said:Prismatic Singularity , would be so OP with my playstyle. Now I need it. Awesome. (Bomb kit can just disappear, for what I care...)Seriously, I would love it.

I agreed it'd be too similar to bomb kit and I removed Prismatic Singularity & added some more ideas.

Could you instead remove the cc from Bomb Kit tb? Pleeeease.... XD

@Ardid.7203 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

Could you instead remove the cc from Bomb Kit tb? Pleeeease.... XD

Heh yeah a pull right as you enter Photon Forge and the Swiftness would definitely be grabbed for WvW. Won't happen though, 2s of quickness would be extremely useful too.

Archived