Legendary armor question

JUN YANG.4328

@"Infusion.7149" said:It'll take you a while, it's 1095 skirmish tickets per piece assuming you have the ascended Triumphant Hero armor already.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

no i dont have yet lol. i need to start from sketch. the only thing i go atm is above rank 500, full set of Triumphant armor unlocked.

i do have some skrimish. but not much left after i crafted warbringer.

i am a bit confuse in here. if i want to get misforged, i need to purchase Triumphant Hero (ascended) then purchase mistforged (ascended), then craft mistforged (legendary)?

so is the mistforged chest (ascended) comes with that lighting effect?

Yes mistforged chest piece is the one with the tendrils.In order to unlock a mistforged piece you need to unlock the corresponding triumphant hero armor.The process is triumphant (exotic) from reward track > triumphant hero (ascended) for skirmish tickets + grandmaster marks + memories of battle > mistforged ascended after triumphant hero is unlocked

For legendary, you can do triumphant (exotic) from reward track > triumphant hero (ascended) for skirmish tickets + grandmaster marks + memories of battle > legendary triumphant hero via 1095 skirmish tickets + 15 mystic clovers + other materials

There's been zero reduction in cost despite what people on the forums have been complaining about. The only reduction was for rank requirement.

@Infusion.7149 said:Yes mistforged chest piece is the one with the tendrils.In order to unlock a mistforged piece you need to unlock the corresponding triumphant hero armor.The process is triumphant (exotic) from reward track > triumphant hero (ascended) for skirmish tickets + grandmaster marks + memories of battle > mistforged ascended after triumphant hero is unlocked

For legendary, you can do triumphant (exotic) from reward track > triumphant hero (ascended) for skirmish tickets + grandmaster marks + memories of battle > legendary triumphant hero via 1095 skirmish tickets + 15 mystic clovers + other materials

There's been zero reduction in cost despite what people on the forums have been complaining about. The only reduction was for rank requirement.

thanks for ur information. it helps alot. i am after the tendrils outfit , so purchase the ascended from npc is enough for me :) (initially i thought only the legendary comes with the tendrils )

i think i am half way already. only need to have enough skirmish.

i have no complain with wvw's legendary. i mean like warbringer is the most easier and costless legendary i ever made. pve's legendary is much harder.

but previous rank requirement do back me off :angry:

• Haha 1

@"Infusion.7149" said:Yes mistforged chest piece is the one with the tendrils.In order to unlock a mistforged piece you need to unlock the corresponding triumphant hero armor.The process is triumphant (exotic) from reward track > triumphant hero (ascended) for skirmish tickets + grandmaster marks + memories of battle > mistforged ascended after triumphant hero is unlocked

You forgot Triumphant Hero exotic for skirmish tickets. It is not required to get the ascended version since all that is needed is the skin unlock, which is also available via the exotic pieces.

Triumphant Hero's armor is a level 80, WvW-exclusive Exotic, Ascended or Legendary armor set.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_Hero%27s_armor

Not sure why people keep forgetting that this set is available in either variation. While the cost in tickets is the same, the gold cost certainly is far lower for the exotic version.

This does not lower the minimal cost though, that is correct. It does lower the cost when one considers that players might have opted for the ascended version of the Triumphant Hero, since the Mistforged was far off. Now, by the time a player ha rank 500, he is more than able to get either and forgo the gold cost on the Triumphant Hero ascended version.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Infusion.7149" said:Yes mistforged chest piece is the one with the tendrils.In order to unlock a mistforged piece you need to unlock the corresponding triumphant hero armor.The process is triumphant (exotic) from reward track
>
triumphant hero (ascended) for skirmish tickets + grandmaster marks + memories of battle
>
mistforged ascended after triumphant hero is unlocked

For legendary, you can do triumphant (exotic) from reward track
>
triumphant hero (ascended) for skirmish tickets + grandmaster marks + memories of battle
>
legendary triumphant hero via 1095 skirmish tickets + 15 mystic clovers + other materials

There's been zero reduction in
cost
despite what people on the forums have been complaining about. The only reduction was for rank requirement.

You forgot Triumphant Hero exotic for skirmish tickets. It is not required to get the ascended version since all that is needed is the skin unlock, which is also available via the exotic pieces.

Triumphant Hero's armor is a level 80, WvW-exclusive
Exotic
, Ascended or Legendary armor set.

Not sure why people keep forgetting that this set is available in either variation. While the cost in tickets is the same, the gold cost certainly is far lower for the exotic version.

This does not lower the minimal cost though, that is correct. It does lower the cost when one considers that players might have opted for the ascended version of the Triumphant Hero, since the Mistforged was far off. Now, by the time a player ha rank 500, he is more than able to get either and forgo the gold cost on the Triumphant Hero ascended version.

There's zero reason to get exotic triumphant hero armor if you're going for legendary from scratch. The savings on grandmaster marks is pointless since you still need the same number of skirmish tickets and memories of battle AND on top of that you need to unlock exotic triumphant armor from the reward track anyway. If you're going to get exotic, it's a real waste of tickets and memories of battle. That was true even when memories of battle were far lower in cost.

The best course of action for most people is to just use PvE ascended or exotic from the triumphant reward track as they save up.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:Yes mistforged chest piece is the one with the tendrils.In order to unlock a mistforged piece you need to unlock the corresponding triumphant hero armor.The process is triumphant (exotic) from reward track
>
>
mistforged ascended after triumphant hero is unlocked

For legendary, you can do triumphant (exotic) from reward track
>
>
legendary triumphant hero via 1095 skirmish tickets + 15 mystic clovers + other materials

There's been zero reduction in
cost
despite what people on the forums have been complaining about. The only reduction was for rank requirement.

Triumphant Hero's armor is a level 80, WvW-exclusive
Exotic
, Ascended or Legendary armor set.

There's zero reason to get exotic triumphant hero armor if you're going for legendary from scratch. The savings on grandmaster marks is pointless since you still need the same number of skirmish tickets and memories of battle AND on top of that you need to unlock exotic triumphant armor from the reward track anyway. If you're going to get exotic, it's a real waste of tickets and memories of battle. That was true even when memories of battle were far lower in cost.

The best course of action for most people is to just use PvE ascended or exotic from the triumphant reward track as they save up.

That depends on how you value gold or ascended in this game.

For example, a pve player with tons of spare ascended gear might be more than willing in saving the gold cost. Or a new WvW player who does not grind gold.

I for example got myself the exotic versions, given I have over 70 full ascended sets and 6 full legendary armors. No reason to waste gold where it is not needed.

A full set of 20 Marks can easily put you behind 200 gold or more, and you will not get enough Marks via Skirmish chests before having the tickets together. Given that you have to spend the tickets anyway, and you lose the flexibility of using exotic gear by getting only 1 ascended set, it is very reasonable to get exotic with the second set, then go strait for the second tier precursors, now that the final set was reduced to 500 rank requirement. It's one of the reasons I personally dislike the change, because it makes both sets compete and devalues getting the mid set as ascended.

TL;DR:Value is subjective. The fact that you CAN get the 2nd set as exotic is not.

EDIT: fixed a typo, had 500 ticket requirement which is obviously 500 rank. fixed

You're really out of touch with the playerbase if you think the average player has anywhere close to "6 legendary armor sets and 70 full ascended sets" as you have.For the average player 200g is much easier to come by than skirmish tickets.

Just because you are a fraction of a minor portion of the playerbase (let's not kid ourselves here) that doesn't mean that the prior advice is misleading. The title of the thread was about legendary armor anyway. It is quite possible to get legendary WvW armor first and then unlock the mistforged skin if the legendary functionality is valued over the mistforged skin. The ticket requirement has not decreased for mistforged at all.

edit: also besides that if the meta shifts drastically you're stuck with useless salvage fodder if you opt for the exotic. With the ascended version you can mystic forge it (giving up the ability to upgrade to legendary) or upgrade it to legendary as well.

• Like 1

@"Infusion.7149" said:You're really out of touch with the playerbase if you think the average player has anywhere close to "6 legendary armor sets and 70 full ascended sets" as you have.For the average player 200g is much easier to come by than skirmish tickets.

Just because you are a fraction of a minor portion of the playerbase (let's not kid ourselves here) that doesn't mean that the prior advice is misleading. The title of the thread was about legendary armor anyway. It is quite possible to get legendary WvW armor first and then unlock the mistforged skin if the legendary functionality is valued over the mistforged skin. The ticket requirement has not decreased for mistforged at all.

edit: also besides that if the meta shifts drastically you're stuck with useless salvage fodder if you opt for the exotic. With the ascended version you can mystic forge it (giving up the ability to upgrade to legendary) or upgrade it to legendary as well.

I think you are far more out of touch if you believe 200 gold just comes by and lots of players can just shell this out.

Even worse when one considers that if a players goal is to get legendary armor asap it would be unwise to invest in a useless ascended set first.

There is 2 ideal approaches to make legendary armor since the change:

1. Get the first precursor set and make the legendary armor, then get the second set just for the skins if desired
  2. Get the second precursor set and get exotic for the first. Which will be 200-300 gold cheaper, not counting having to level crafting professions because by the time you have the tickets for the second set and the legendary armor, you will have the Tokens via reward tracks. This is the overall cheapest approach, but does require a player get twice the amount of skirmish tickets worth of armor cost (2,620 tickets versus on top of the 1,310 tickets for the first set, so at 365 tickets an additional 7 week on top of the initial 3.5 weeks. Hardly very long in WvW terms).

The first approach was always available. The second has become available with the recent change since before the time commitment to get to rank 1.5-2k was a lot longer and made in unfeasible to wait that long. Now, you get rank 500 while simply getting the required tickets.

As far as mystic forging the ascended version, you do so at the cost of its precursor ability. In which case, I'd say the player who is able to shell out 200g+ is better of just making a legendary set. Even then, reforging sets costs as much as an entire exotic set most of the time. Meanwhile, with stats available exotics, a reasonable player can get multiple exotic sets and pick stats they need without even getting into any budget builds.

Skipping the first precursor set is of value to 2 types of players: those who have little value for ascended gear (mostly very long-term veterans), and those who have a lot of value for gold (mostly newer players). Each being at either extreme of the spectrum.

So again: you might disagree, but the fact that one CAN get the exotic version and this makes a lot more sense now than before the change remains valid.

That's why it's better off to use the triumphant set from the reward track and/or warlord's armor boxes until you have enough resources for the triumphant hero set in ascended. Who is going to get a second exotic set (which costs 250 memories of battle each) other than people that just want the mistforged skin and have enough skirmish tickets for it (which is entirely not what this thread is about as the original poster specifically said they are starting from scratch with only the reward track triumphant armor)? That makes as much sense as paying for ascended and getting exotic. Before the price of Freshwater Pearls tanked and memories of battle rose roughly double (due to Conflux), the Minstrel and Trailblazer options for the ascended versions were actually price competitive with their PVE crafted counterparts.

It's a fact that the legendary version of the ascended triumphant hero can be reskinned to mistforged.

It's a fact the average reward track (not skirmish track) yields around 20g profit. It is highly likely that the reward track will be completed once or twice per week, especially if factoring in maxed skirmish tickets per week (which is far less likely for those low ranked in WvW ; you're looking at roughly 15-20 hours of playtime without outnumbered) and boosters/shared feasts with reward track gain. Even with the bare minimum for skirmish track progress, you're looking at +95 Reward track progress before boosters so a reward track is ~211 ticks even without counting the 25 instant reward track progress gains from skirmish rewards. Because you're unable to purchase more than one piece of triumphant hero armor (ascended or not) from scratch, it's highly advised to not bother making it unless you have the resources for it and reserve timegated skirmish tickets.

With 100 days of dailies , even without reward tracks you're at 200g. Keep in mind it is not approximately 200g per piece unlike legendary armor but 200g total for 6 pieces' grandmaster marks , that's a 5x difference. Also people that are mainly competitive players may have grandmaster mark boxes from PVP ; the subsidy of grandmaster mark shards in skirmish tracks is a pittance that can't really be counted as progress (you get one mark per month roughly , which is why I've been pushing for the shards to be changed into mark boxes). You'd need 67 weeks of skirmish tracks to even have enough for one set of armor. The newest maps such as Drizzlewood Coast yield about 20g per hour in comparison.

The offset of 200g is at best the non-accountbound resources for one piece of legendary armor. At 1095 tickets to upgrade per piece , it really isn't a great idea to get exotic as an interim step unless you have 1095 tickets lying around on top of the extra 700 skirmish tickets for a mistforged chest piece. That's literally an entire ascended set's worth of skirmish tickets.

Also the assertion that people would get to rank 500 while only spending less than a month in WvW is flawed because unless they're popping massive amounts of boosters and require below 5K WXP per rank (i.e. below WvW level 5) it is most likely that they will only accrue one or two ranks. If they were to attain > 400 ranks even in 70 days that's well over 5 ranks a day.

In addition, if 200g was such a high number then the griffon (250g) , guildrider warclaw skin reward track (200g), commander tag (300g) , and the numerous weapons added to living story that cost 50-100g would likewise be high.

The number of players with 200g worth of liquidity is rather high , 75% on gw2e across all time played and 90% across players with 500-1000 hours (especially when you count the number of weeks that it takes for the skirmish tickets), even if the amount with 200g liquid gold is lower (20% for 500-1000 hour players per gw2e). This can be easily verified by https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/values.summary.liquidBuy

Skirmish tickets are a far more valuable currency: https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.wvwClaimTicketsRealistically only players with 500+ hours played would even have enough skirmish tickets for the ascended set (the one with an exotic option).

@ Jun Yang:You can use the skirmish pip query on the wiki as an estimate /guide based on your play style , boosts, and time commitment. I stand by my initial recommendations and people in-game that I WVW with suggest that you opt for the ascended Triumphant if your actual goal is legendary armor via WVW. We actually had a map chat discussion about this the day the rank requirement was reduced and literally the only person that thought people should make mistforged only to convert to legendary was somebody that doesn't WvW regularly.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special:RunQuery/WvW_skirmish_pip_query?

@Infusion.7149 said:That's why it's better off to use the triumphant set from the reward track and/or warlord's armor boxes until you have enough resources for the triumphant hero set in ascended. Who is going to get a second exotic set (which costs 250 memories of battle each) other than people that just want the mistforged skin and have enough skirmish tickets for it (which is entirely not what this thread is about as the original poster specifically said they are starting from scratch with only the reward track triumphant armor)? That makes as much sense as paying for ascended and getting exotic. Before the price of Freshwater Pearls tanked and memories of battle rose roughly double (due to Conflux), the Minstrel and Trailblazer options for the ascended versions were actually price competitive with their PVE crafted counterparts.

The cost of the memories of battle is irrelevant. They apply in both cases. The only difference is the Grandmaster Marks, which as mentioned cost an additional 200+ gold without the cost of leveling a crafter.

Saving on the Grandmaster Marks for the intermediate set is a viable alternative for players who want both skins.

@Infusion.7149 said:It's a fact that the legendary version of the ascended triumphant hero can be reskinned to mistforged.

Yes, and once a player gets the Mistforged Skins, he has essentially spent 200+ more gold than needed IF he went with ascended for the hero armor versus getting exotic.

Again:For players who desire both skins (Hero and Mistforged), thus having to spend the tickets anyway, it is absolutely valid now to SKIP getting the intermediate ascended set, but opt for exotic. This counts double if they desire to make a legendary armor out of 1 set.

For veteran players, the additional ascended armor might be undesirable. For new players who desire both skins, the cheaper approach is to skip getting ascended Hero armor.

The only reason to get ascended Hero armor is if one wants to cut the time-gated time as short as possible for a legendary armor, or who wants to have an additional ascended set. Which might apply to a lot of players yes, but it does not make getting the exotic version unreasonable or a bad choice. It depends on where a player is at, and how he values his resources.