Spellbreaker vs Berserker for Open World

Saraneth.6021

Hye guys. Just wondering what you all think is easier for Open World? I have just made a new warrior and been playing around with Spellbreaker. So far sems pretty good but I never have tried Berserker before.

I am thinking about going to do the HoT story and maps again (Started this warrior with pof) to get enough HPs to fully unlock berserkers and try that out for a while.

So really what I'm asking is if you think it's worth it. Is berserker worth it? Let me know what you think. Thanks :)

P.S. I'm only looking at power builds. Only have berserker and marauder gear available.

Berserker, always Berserker. Even for a power build you'll find a lot of goodies there (Smash Brawler, Blood Reaction & Bloody Roar) despite it clearly being primarily aimed towards Sword/Torch condition builds.

Mobs simply do not use Boons to such a degree that Spellbreaker will be worth it in the end. Nor are Daggers all that great either.

@Saraneth.6021 said:Been running around with this build. Seems to be working well so far. ?????????

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAnXRnckC1kiVeA+dAcigFjAzIA0AyZKbhn3V4N4ecbuA-j1BBQBA4RAkH9B1Y/hKp+zJVCWhzAgGV+RIAzbBA-w

That is a decent enough build, but I definitely would recommend Headbutt over Signet of Rage.

Headbutt is awesome.

Whenever you use it, you automatically get full Adrenaline and as such can enter directly into Berserk mode (granted that it isn't on cooldown) and since doing so counts as a Stunbreak you instantly negate the self-stun of using Headbutt in the first place. This combo will put you into the top of your fighting ability mere seconds within a fight.

From there on you can use your Burst skill, then Blood Reckoning (this heal skill instantly recharges your Burst when used), followed by another Burst skill right after - this should decimate most things you encounter in PvE that isn't an Elite or Champion.

As for your trait lines, you can switch out Discipline for Arms if you want. You'll lose that ever-so-handy Warrior's Sprint but in turn get access to Signet Mastery, Unsuspecting Foe and Burst Precision which are all very, very good traits for a Power Warrior.

?> @Oglaf.1074 said:

@Saraneth.6021 said:Been running around with this build. Seems to be working well so far. ?????????

That is a decent enough build, but I definitely would recommend Headbutt over Signet of Rage.

Headbutt is
awesome

Whenever you use it, you automatically get full Adrenaline and as such can enter directly into Berserk mode (granted that it isn't on cooldown) and since doing so counts as a Stunbreak you instantly negate the self-stun of using Headbutt in the first place. This combo will put you into the top of your fighting ability mere seconds within a fight.

From there on you can use your Burst skill, then Blood Reckoning (this heal skill instantly recharges your Burst when used), followed by another Burst skill right after - this should decimate most things you encounter in PvE that isn't an Elite or Champion.

As for your trait lines, you can switch out Discipline for Arms if you want. You'll lose that ever-so-handy Warrior's Sprint but in turn get access to Signet Mastery, Unsuspecting Foe and Burst Precision which are all very, very good traits for a Power Warrior.

Headbutt does work well. That's a welcome change. Thanks.

I don't think I need Arms so much. My crit chance it already almost 100% so I don't really get much use out of Unsuspecting Foe and Burst Precision. Also we miss out on quite a lot not taking discipline.

This is unless I am overlooking something obvious :/

@Saraneth.6021 said:This is unless I am overlooking something obvious :/

Signet Mastery. It is worded a bit weirdly, but what it does is giving you a stacking Ferocity buff when the conditions are met - and Ferocity gives you more crit damage, giving you more bang for your buck when it comes to critical hits.

For a tier 1 trait, it is quite powerful, really.

^ I have no relationship with Hizen, and the only embarrasing thing is finding so many people moaning about Spellbreaker being bad at open PvE when the reality is that in exchange of losing some dps compared to the Berserker spec is nearly inmortal. So please do me a favor and clean that event with your "berserker, always berseker" so I could figure how much better Berserker is...

False edit: don't even try; my point isn't to argue about which build is better, but to prove that SB works well in Open World PvE. Still, He should unlock Berserk, because having more options are always better.

@Gambino.2109 said:Berserker.. Spellbreaker is absolute atrocious trash for pve

and recently got a nerf in pvp... soooo

It's the exact opposite if you actually know how to play it properly in PvE. Rather than spamming Berserk mode and going ham on your attacks, you need to know how to time your skill use properly, and read movement / attack patterns. Once you become accustomed to that, you can practically solo entire events without losing more than 10% of your health and essentially become unkillable.

But y'know...atrocious. Because it really matters in Open World anyhow.

Both are great, at the core you are still Warrior who excels at open world PvE. It's just a matter of personal preference.People who spout that Spellbreaker is bad at PvE in this context are ridiculous - it's bad in Endgame Instanced Content, NOT open world. Please stop parroting statements you don't even understand. Spellbreaker is your "tanky, hard to kill" option since in open world you're free to take Defense traitline and SBK has way better access to Adrenal Health, and double Dagger lets you be very aggressive and heals for a shitload when you land an interrupt > Dagger4 with Sun and Moon Style traited, plus if you chose Str/Def/SBK as your traitlines the immense synergy you get off Might Makes Right + Magebane keeps you pretty much immortal as long as you're aggressive. Tradeoff is a slow start to your damage and getting adrenaline to start building might with Magebane Tether is a pain.Berserker's gameplay is basically kill them before they kill you. Personally for open world I run around with a Rifle for Gun Flame memes - you can just avoid melee and get a good gunflame off before you rush in and 100b. You have access to incredible burst damage from Headbutt granting immediate access to Berserk giving you fury and quickness should you like engaging in melee too. Obviously though you lose access to panic F2 Full Counter so when you're dying you're probably going down without a rally kill.

@Buran.3796 said:^ I have no relationship with Hizen, and the only embarrasing thing is finding so many people moaning about Spellbreaker being bad at open PvE when the reality is that in exchange of losing some dps compared to the Berserker spec is nearly inmortal. So please do me a favor and clean that event with your "berserker, always berseker" so I could figure how much better Berserker is...

False edit: don't even try; my point isn't to argue about which build is better, but to prove that SB works well in Open World PvE. Still, He should unlock Berserk, because having more options are always better.

Spellbreaker doesnt work well in open world, because there's rarely any event with huge number of mobs attacking you at once, often enough there are other players too, so in a realistic setting, spellbreaker is no where good enough pve spec, in fact it's also boring, since there's not enough mobs attacking you and attacks are rather slow.normally its way better just reckt the mobs really fast with berserker and move on

spellbreaker is immortal? only when its procced enough times on demand. so tell me how many events have numbers of attacks coming to your way and you can't burn it fast enough with berserker? in 80% of the open world events i can burn through every thing with berserker extremely fast, only big group event, if it's worth doing then there will be people, so berserker is still better, only left with big group event that nobody does. so who cares?

also, CORE WAR.

btw an example, if a guy can't solo frog HP with core war, tell me how he can solo with spellbreaker, so how is spellbreaker better?

@TheSlothArmada.6709 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:As I said, the biggest problem with Spellbreaker in PvE is that mobs don't really use Boons all that much.

Just watch what happens when you run into one that
does
- it is glorious.

And here I thought the problem was that power warrior was terrible at the core. . .

I said the biggest problem, not the only problem.

The awkward moment when a necromancer can solo a magumma champion monster hero point but my warrior cant even down the champion monster 30% hp.

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, my warrior survivability is very low, especially those have condition DMG field monster.In Auric Basin, keep die under those archer and assassin frog, also veteran poison mushroom.Sry im newbie to warrior.

@Likesh.7625 said:The awkward moment when a necromancer can solo a magumma champion monster hero point but my warrior cant even down the champion monster 30% hp.

Necromancers have always been among the best classes for that kind of shennanigans due to their second lifebar in Shroud as well as pets.

Don't feel bad over it.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Buran.3796 said:^ I have no relationship with Hizen, and the only embarrasing thing is finding so many people moaning about Spellbreaker being bad at open PvE when the reality is that in exchange of losing
some
dps compared to the Berserker spec is nearly inmortal. So please do me a favor and clean that event with your
"berserker, always berseker"
so I could figure how much better Berserker is...

Spellbreaker doesnt work well in open world, because there's rarely any event with huge number of mobs attacking you at once, often enough there are other players too, so in a realistic setting, spellbreaker is no where good enough pve spec, in fact it's also boring, since there's not enough mobs attacking you and attacks are rather slow.normally its way better just reckt the mobs really fast with berserker and move on

None of what you put here makes sense. There are TONS of events where multiple mobs attack you, The dagger attacks are in fact, very fast and frequency and SB is far from boring because you actually need to think about when to executing your skills to be successful with it.

spellbreaker is immortal? only when its procced enough times on demand. so tell me how many events have numbers of attacks coming to your way and you can't burn it fast enough with berserker? in 80% of the open world events i can burn through every thing with berserker extremely fast, only big group event, if it's worth doing then there will be people, so berserker is still better, only left with big group event that nobody does. so who cares?

also, CORE WAR.

btw an example, if a guy can't solo frog HP with core war, tell me how he can solo with spellbreaker, so how is spellbreaker better?

What 'some guy' can do with one build is not indicative of SB's performance in PVE. SB isn't good because some guy can solo Frog HP on a different build? Ask yourself "If I wasn't the one that said that, would it make sense?" No, it doesn't. What makes you think you can't do great things on SB, just because great things can be done with other builds?

@choovanski.5462 said:open world is so easy you can play either tbh

i don’t even bother with a new build, i just run the same full zerker gunflame (rifle gs) i run for wvw. if it works in wvw vs players, it’s gonna work in pve too. it’s just kite & damage while keeping AH up.

Happen to have a build I could look at please?

Archived