gem store broken (cannot buy gems) — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

gem store broken (cannot buy gems)

Whenever I press accept to buy gems, I get a message along the line of "unfortunately an error occured" (I can't read the rest of it, the message blinks and disapears).
It's online banking.
Paypall is also down.

I hope the mordrem alpha isn't gone before it's fixed..

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
..jormag? Who's that?

Comments

• You can contact the Billing CS Team for assistance via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

• Im having the same problem! Please get it fixed.

• Lucio.4190Lucio.4190 Member ✭✭✭

Same here when selecting the Credit Card.
    Yesterday it worked using Paypal.

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

update: it started working again this morning (online banking option, at least)

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• Same issue here, can't buy neither with paypal nor with credit card

• Its not working, tried visa and Revolut. In GW2 appear a warning, "u have 2 accept in revolut". Revolut app ask me if i accept purchase (its a sign that all goes wheel in transaction communication), i say yes. In GW2 an error appears: "unfortunately an error occured" and no gems, and money still in my account. Arena net does not want to get payed ???

• For some minutes i could not buy gems (conversion page had no buttons working) after some time buttons were funcional again, i bought gems with gold : 150 gold payed 0 gems reiceived
    what
    the
    kitten

• glad i found this thread as i have been having the same problem today. wont let me buy with paypal or using a credit card.

• acrux.4728acrux.4728 Member
    edited February 22, 2021

This is an ongoing issue. I've just tried it with three different cards (mastercard & visa) as well as PayPal and paysafecard with different addresses and amounts.
    When I click on the confirm button, I'm just put back on the "Get more gems"-page and this error pops up for almost a second:

I've tried to follow these steps without success.
    Looks like their gateway to the payment service provider DigitalRiver is regularly broken and only fixed some hours later.

• Same. Went on this morning to buy gems and got kicked back on 2 cards. It was working fine a few days ago. They don't want our money.