[Wardrobe] Missing skins.

Quam.7218

Hello,

I'm a returning player, just got back after a few years.I stopped playing a coupple months before HoT.I liked how the game has changed trought the years and bought HoT and PoF expansion.

I have an issue with skins, I lost a lot of them, for ex. The starting amor skin from Guild Wars 2 Deluxe version (pre-ordered), lots of Gem Store skins, dungeon skins, living story skins etc.I got ONLY those that I have on my characters, in their bags or bank. Every other skin is lost.

So... what do I do now? I sent a ticket 2 weeks ago but I got no answer should I wait?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

1. Update the ticket.

2. I don't quite understand how one can "lose" skins to another person? Have they not always been account-bound?

I will update it.

No they where not :)Before wardrobe came out in april 2014 if You wanted to have a skin You needed a particular piece of gear in your bag (or bank? don't remember now) so... my bank was full of items just for transmog :)

After wardrobe system was introduced all skins went there. I remember having all Arah armor skins (light/medium/heavy), CoF skins... before fractals came out I had them all. Now I need to farm them again becouse they are not in the wardrobe... it's just an example I bought many skins from the gem shop that I don't have now :(

@Quam.7218 said:Before wardrobe came out in april 2014 if You wanted to have a skin You needed a particular piece of gear in your bag (or bank? don't remember now) so... my bank was full of items just for transmog :)

After wardrobe system was introduced all skins went there. I remember having all Arah armor skins (light/medium/heavy), CoF skins... before fractals came out I had them all. Now I need to farm them again becouse they are not in the wardrobe... it's just an example I bought many skins from the gem shop that I don't have now :(

If you didn't have the skins on your characters (or had the skin as one of the two most recent transmog skins for an item) or in your bank at the time of the Wardrobe change, then you won't be able to get them replaced. So, while you got those dungeon skins before the Wardrobe system went in, if you didn't have those skins sitting in your bank or on a character when it went in, they effectively don't exist on your account. Support isn't likely to apply them to your account, either. However, they may make an exception for launch items or special items, such as the baseball cap or the logo shirt. Your best bet is to do as Ashantara suggested and update your support ticket, letting them know you're still waiting for a response.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Quam.7218 said:Before wardrobe came out in april 2014 if You wanted to have a skin You needed a particular piece of gear in your bag (or bank? don't remember now) so... my bank was full of items just for transmog :)

If you didn't have the skins on your characters (or had the skin as one of the two most recent transmog skins for an item) or in your bank at the time of the Wardrobe change, then you won't be able to get them replaced. So, while you got those dungeon skins before the Wardrobe system went in, if you didn't have those skins sitting in your bank or on a character when it went in, they effectively don't exist on your account. Support isn't likely to apply them to your account, either. However, they may make an exception for launch items or special items, such as the baseball cap or the logo shirt. Your best bet is to do as Ashantara suggested and update your support ticket, letting them know you're still waiting for a response.

I had them in my bank/bags when wardrobe system went in.I even remember playing with the wardrobe system and I was so happy they implemented it, so I could clean my bags/bank and "bank characters".So I was curious if something changed with the wardrobe during my absence.

@Quam.7218 said:I had them in my bank/bags when wardrobe system went in.I even remember playing with the wardrobe system and I was so happy they implemented it, so I could clean my bags/bank and "bank characters".So I was curious if something changed with the wardrobe during my absence.

Nothing changed in the wardrobe system. If you had items in the bank that were bound to your account, then they were added to the wardrobe. If the items were not bound, then they wouldn't have been added to your wardrobe. If you "cleaned" your bank by selling off stuff on the TP, for example, none of those skins would have been added.

I'd recommend writing down the skins you think you missed out on. How you proceed depends on what category they fall into:

• If they related to a special quest-related reward (e.g. Mad King's Memoires), then ask support about restoring that -- they might ask you to show some proof of participation; a screenshot would do.
  • Many skins are easily obtained, via hearts, the TP, etc. In your shoes, I wouldn't bother support about any of these.
  • Some skins might be linked to very expensive items; you might list those here and various game & forum veterans can provide specific advice. There might be alternative ways to obtain them now.

Some useful tools for you:

• GW2 Efficiency -- can show you which skins you do and don't have unlocked.
  • Wardrobe Unlock Tool -- immortius.4537's fantastic tool will show skins you're missing and link to their sources.
  • Your Account Page -- Create your API key here, to use at the sites above.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Quam.7218 said:I had them in my bank/bags when wardrobe system went in.I even remember playing with the wardrobe system and I was so happy they implemented it, so I could clean my bags/bank and "bank characters".So I was curious if something changed with the wardrobe during my absence.

Nothing changed in the wardrobe system. If you had items in the bank that were
bound
to your account, then they were added to the wardrobe. If the items
were not bound
, then they wouldn't have been added to your wardrobe. If you "cleaned" your bank by selling off stuff on the TP, for example, none of those skins would have been added.

I'd recommend writing down the skins you think you missed out on. How you proceed depends on what category they fall into:
  • If they related to a special quest-related reward (e.g. Mad King's Memoires), then ask support about restoring that -- they might ask you to show some proof of participation; a screenshot would do.
  • Many skins are easily obtained, via hearts, the TP, etc. In your shoes, I wouldn't bother support about any of these.
  • Some skins might be linked to very expensive items; you might list those here and various game & forum veterans can provide specific advice. There might be alternative ways to obtain them now.

Some useful tools for you:
  • -- can show you which skins you do and don't have unlocked.
  • -- immortius.4537's fantastic tool will show skins you're missing
    and
    link to their sources.
  • -- Create your API key here, to use at the sites above.

Nah I salvaged them, they where soulbound.

The most painfull are cultural armors that costed me so much and many gems store armour skins.

But thank you for all the tips.

That may be it: if you salvaged them before the wardrobe change, then as of the change you no longer had them and they did not register in the Wardrobe. If you salvaged after, they should have been added. At this point my memory is too fuzzy to say for sure what happened with items you'd transmuted under the old system, what skin they counted as might mean that even though you overlaid one skin with another, the overlay didn't register as an unlock as of conversion day. As I say, I don't recall how that was handled.

The cultural armors ... that's something I think support can help you with, at least some of them, because there's an achievement associated with unlocking them. You'd have to check to see what you can "prove" and probably negotiate. My best is that they'd be able to unlock some for you, maybe all (depending).

The gem store skins... I'm 99% sure that support will help you there, as there should be a record (in their system) of what you bought.

Otherwise, Donari is (as always, but unfortunately in this case) correct that skins didn't unlock at all prior to the wardrobe's existence. On the day it was added, ANet ran a script

• If you were wearing a skin, it unlocked.
  • Also the most recent previous skin on the same item unlocked (but not anything older).
  • Anything in inventory that was soul- or account-bound should also have unlocked (not sure about items in the bank).
  • Several skins don't unlock until you visit the Black Lion Armorer on each & every toon -- said NPC is located next to the TP NPCs in every major city (and in VIP zones).

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:The cultural armors ... that's something I think support can help you with, at least some of them, because there's an achievement associated with unlocking them. You'd have to check to see what you can "prove" and probably negotiate. My best is that they'd be able to unlock some for you, maybe all (depending).

I'm fairly certain I contacted support about getting cultural armor skins applied to the wardrobe after the change, and I was told that they couldn't/wouldn't do it, even though I had part of the achievements done. I remember seeing other people posting to the forums saying similar things, I think.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:The cultural armors ... that's something I think support can help you with, at least some of them, because there's an achievement associated with unlocking them. You'd have to check to see what you can "prove" and probably negotiate. My best is that they'd be able to unlock some for you, maybe all (depending).

I'm fairly certain I contacted support about getting cultural armor skins applied to the wardrobe after the change, and I was told that they couldn't/wouldn't do it, even though I had part of the achievements done. I remember seeing other people posting to the forums saying similar things, I think.

There's two reasons you might not have had any luck, whereas the OP might:

• Support has been uneven in their responses (especially right after wardrobe).
  • It also depends on what exactly they can determine from achievements.

So for example, if you have Emperor's New Wardrobe, then they know for sure you unlocked 90 skins. If you can show that you don't have any cultural skins unlocked, it might be possible to negotiate them into unlocking 90 by gifting the various skins as items. But, the initial support person responding might not know that's a reasonable response under the circumstances and one might have to ask for an escalation.

tl;dr I think it's worth the OP taking time to craft a polite request about cultural armors. I think there's a very good chance ANet can do something, even if it's not a complete restoration.

TY for the responses.

As for salvaging before Wardrobe. That would be illogical.Well I need to check my achievements. I don't have screens or any proof that I had those skins, If I knew those would disappear I would make screenshots, but I can't predict everything.

Archived