Livia, what's next for her?

Malignant.6581

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:Instead of replacing Dragon's Watch. We only need M.O.X., Canach, Razah, and The Last Spearmarshal for our group. We can find a way to make her mobile again, I'm sure. Or at least strap her to M.O.X.

Well, I guess it beats leaving her dead in the center of the courtyard. At the moment, she's sitting on prime land and lowering the realestate value.

She knows where Scepter of Orr is. A weapon of power that can be useful for a lot of things - possibly even the weapon Vlast was talking about, one capable of reshaping the world and doing the work of the dragons. Which, sadly, means that she'll likely die in some heroic way and we get the Scepter. Or she dies from old age when we get the Scepter. Or this plot line will get abandoned and we'll never hear from her.

@Glael.7643 said:Well.. I hope nothing is next for Livia (sry to say that) . But for people who never played gw1 Livia seemed to be randomly thrown into the story in LS3 :/

Season 3 definitely poorly dealt with the return of GW1 lore. However, I think that she could definitely play a better role in the future. Sadly, the biggest plot and reason for her return was Lazarus and the White Mantle, which was poorly handled and already gone.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Glael.7643 said:Well.. I hope nothing is next for Livia (sry to say that) . But for people who never played gw1 Livia seemed to be randomly thrown into the story in LS3 :/

Season 3 definitely poorly dealt with the return of GW1 lore. However, I think that she could definitely play a better role in the future. Sadly, the biggest plot and reason for her return was Lazarus and the White Mantle, which was poorly handled and already gone.

I am glad they are beginning to get rid of all the guild wars 1 strings that is shucking this game. Do i wish the gods play a more prominent role when I first started gw2 (ie favor of the gods), yes, but I am glad gw2 is doing its own thing.

Well Livia ended with the staff from the Vizeer that i dont remember its name but its the guy that blowed up Orr, so she gained some power..

Duno why i always tough that the mesmer that helps players alongside with Thack (dont recall her name as well lol ) was livia or the mesmer godnessç

@ugrakarma.9416 said:a branded mursaat can bring her back to the history, but, perhaps, a mursaat can be corrupted?

The thing is that there aren't even mursaat left to be branded, even historically. Glint ensured none of Kralkatorrik's prior minions survived the slumber (hence his delayed awakening by 50 years), and we killed off all but one mursaat in GW1 according to One Path Ends in the documents from what both Shining Blade and Seers found out - and that one being Lazarus, who is now dead. The Eye of Janthir disintegrated because "all mursaat are dead now".

So any way of bringing back the mursaat would be a massive contradiction to the lore they just set up with Season 3.

@silvermember.8941 said:

I am glad they are beginning to get rid of all the guild wars 1 strings that is shucking this game. Do i wish the gods play a more prominent role when I first started gw2 (ie favor of the gods), yes, but I am glad gw2 is doing its own thing.

I disagree greatly. If the game were to just "do its own thing" then it needn't even be "Guild Wars 2" - they could and should have just done a whole new setting. The entire purpose of continued settings is to continue the lore and not solely "do its own thing". Yes, the majority of the plot should be focused on new things, unless it's meant to be a direct sequel to the prior plot (not the case here), but Season 3 was primarily focused on new things (Aurene, Elder Dragons, etc.) anyways.

Season 3 was handled extensively poorly with bringing back GW1 lore, however, and was pretty much treating that everyone A) Talked to Bennet in Bloodstone Fen and/or B ) Played/read up on GW1 lore.

GW1 had - and still has in some cases - a lot of loose strings that could have been largely settled with Beyond, but they scrapped that once GW2 launched. Some of those loose strings could still be brought into GW2, and it would still work without preventing gw2 from "doing its own thing" or be done better than how Anet handled the return of the White Mantle and Lazarus.

But to simply denounce all GW1 lore just so GW2 can "do its own thing"? Then why even make it a sequel in the first place.

I hope she falls in a lake of fire and dies she was annoying in GW1 and more so in GW2. by i also enjoyed what happened to Tahlkora that was another annoying character from GW1 who got a deserving fate. I hope we find out Melonni's Long bones are being used by Joko as a Toilet brush handle. come to think of it I don't have a soft spot for any of the old Heros from GW1

@dusanyu.4057 said:I hope she falls in a lake of fire and dies she was annoying in GW1 and more so in GW2. by i also enjoyed what happened to Tahlkora that was another annoying character from GW1 who got a deserving fate. I hope we find out Melonni's Long bones are being used by Joko as a Toilet brush handle. come to think of it I don't have a soft spot for any of the old Heros from GW1

Perhaps she was travelling Crystal Desert and at the same time Kralkatorrik was branding everything one his way, so perhaps Livia is branded now. She will be our enemy and we will get the scepter of orr back, because we'll find out that she ate it and it will come out from her stomach when she will make boom.

Then Anise will be mad at us, Kryta will start a war with everybody and Human will kill all the dragons, then Tyria will make boom.

The End.

Archived