should full marauder's scepter weaver oneshot?

Xtinct.7031

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There shouldn't be 1 shots in the game. Doesn't matter how many skills you need to pull it off, killing someone within 0,3 seconds is still a one shot. The problem is, any nerf to this build might affect the entire class in a negative way. Because ele is currently not really among the strongest classes in the game. So the problem of fixing scepter marauder weavers 1 shotting people is quite a complex one that needs to be handled with a lot of perception.

Death Judgment = one shotGunflame = one shotGravedigger = one shotBackstab = one shotMind wrack + mirror blade = one shotMaul = one shotCoalescence of ruin = one shot

Combining over 6 spells in the span of 1 second, a grandmaster trait, and heavily relying on stability or auto cleanse traits to not be up =/= one shot.

Core elementalist can also nuke hard, especially on s/d. They have been able to for 5 years.

Ele doesn't have stealth, 1500 range, gimmicks or a myriad chances to pull this off. If you feel this needs a nerf, get all those other classes nerfed first, then you can come back. Thank you.

@Razor.6392 said:Gravedigger = one shot

lolwat

Gravedigger is max 9k on a marauder build. Ghastly Claws actually has a higher damage potential than gravedigger does. (not that Ghastly Claws ever reaches in that potential in PvP because of how awkward GC's damage modifier is.)

It's a very gimmicky build and others would even call it a one trick pony. It's not a one shot but to make fair comparisons, gimmicky multi-hit builds like vanilla Static Discharge and Hundred 'Nades Engi got nerfed in the past. However, the second Hundred 'Nades variant (Mine Field) was left alone because it didn't receive enough spotlight.

So TL;DR I guess it depends on how many people QQ about it knowing that it's mostly a one trick pony.

@Kyon.9735 said:It's a very gimmicky build and others would even call it a one trick pony. It's not a one shot but to make fair comparisons, gimmicky multi-hit builds like vanilla Static Discharge and Hundred 'Nades Engi got nerfed in the past. However, the second Hundred 'Nades variant (Mine Field) was left alone because it didn't receive enough spotlight.

So TL;DR I guess it depends on how many people QQ about it knowing that it's mostly a one trick pony.

Hundred nades was a literal 1 hit with zero chance to react. Here you can break stun at least.

No single build should be able to take out anything else single-handedly in less than 3 seconds.

I'd go as far as setting up a mechanic that staggers any damage from a single source past a certain DPS. All the damage received from a single source would still have its effect, but it would be delayed and dealt over time under the DPS cap. The only exceptions to this would be boss attacks meant to take down players in 1 hit if not avoided.

Of course, since this limit would be on the source, 3 players would still be able to 1-shot another if they work together, or 2 players quickly kill someone in 2 seconds. But a lone player would always need 3 seconds to take down someone else.

On this I'm including not only fights between players, but even NPCS. Like the low HP level 2 creatures in hearts in starting areas. It is not fun for a new player when they keep trying to spawm wurms to kill them to advance a heart only to get the wurms 1-shot by some other guy before they can even touch them.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:No single build should be able to take out anything else single-handedly in less than 3 seconds.

I'd go as far as setting up a mechanic that staggers any damage from a single source past a certain DPS. All the damage received from a single source would still have its effect, but it would be delayed and dealt over time under the DPS cap. The only exceptions to this would be boss attacks meant to take down players in 1 hit if not avoided.

Of course, since this limit would be on the source, 3 players would still be able to 1-shot another if they work together, or 2 players quickly kill someone in 2 seconds. But a lone player would always need 3 seconds to take down someone else.

On this I'm including not only fights between players, but even NPCS. Like the low HP level 2 creatures in hearts in starting areas. It is not fun for a new player when they keep trying to spawm wurms to kill them to advance a heart only to get the wurms 1-shot by some other guy before they can even touch them.

Dang it's a good thing you're not in charge of game balance :p

@juno.1840 said:If you build as glass you can break like glass... balance is a multi-faceted problem.

decreasing max offense on these defenseless amulets kinda takes away the concept of glass into more balanced if you really think about it.

decreasing power/condi/etc is almost like giving everyone toughness both mean less damage.

Someone who has played pretty much Warrior and thief, I recently got into my Ele and using staff I must say the amount of effort you need to be good on ele vs warrior or thief is huge.

Not only that your squishy. Ele is indeed hard and honestly with full marauder staff I don't feel like I pull off the same burst damage as my deadeye or warrior.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Gravedigger = one shot

lolwat

Gravedigger is max 9k on a marauder build. Ghastly Claws actually has a higher damage potential than gravedigger does. (not that Ghastly Claws ever reaches in that potential in PvP because of how awkward GC's damage modifier is.)

Nah gravedigger can 1 shot a Thief and some Mesmer 1 hit builds... As Juno said:

@juno.1840 said:If you build as glass you can break like glass... balance is a multi-faceted problem.

Although it's not exactly viable, it's still do-able.

Archived