Same Color Each Week [Idea]

Justine.6351

Instead of having colors float around to different servers each week based on placement,

Green is now Your server Color,Red is the "higher rated" enemy server,Blue is the "weaker rated" enemy server.

Change names like redbriar to more defined ones. I hate the names on South towers and camps...

Idk if just me but it gets annoying flip-flopping colors every week and having to relearn it before week's end.

@Dawdler.8521 said:We had this before they started giving your server a specific color (oh man the confusion those first days). I dont think they're gonna go back to it.

You would still have a color, the same every week, from your perspective. The player's team would always appear green. Their #1 enemy would always appear red to them. Their #2 enemy would always appear blue to them. Basically delinking color from objectives. Green keep in EBG wouldn't always be green keep. It would be Lowlands Keep.

I thought OP meant servers have their own color, like that old Age of Mythology game, which in all honesty would be pretty awesome.

I've personally never had a problem with familiarising myself to whatever color I am this week. Open up the panel, find server name, look at the color and it's stuck in my head for the week. As for the naming of structures I refer to them, and as an example, "20 BG SWT" implying south west tower. In all honesty I don't care what the structures are named - perhaps you would be kind enough to provide an idea as to what you mean by 'more defined names'?

Interesting points, thanks for sharing OP.

• 3 months later...

@"Zephyra.4709" said:I thought OP meant servers have their own color, like that old Age of Mythology game, which in all honesty would be pretty awesome.

I've personally never had a problem with familiarising myself to whatever color I am this week. Open up the panel, find server name, look at the color and it's stuck in my head for the week. As for the naming of structures I refer to them, and as an example, "20 BG SWT" implying south west tower. In all honesty I don't care what the structures are named - perhaps you would be kind enough to provide an idea as to what you mean by 'more defined names'?

Interesting points, thanks for sharing OP.

The southern towers and camps have colors in their name but that color doesn't really mean anything, especially for southern towers and camps that are easily flipped by either server. I would remove the color word and replace with west and east.

Archived