Spellbreaker has 32 seconds of resistance in a 1v3, never even pops healing signet

coro.3176

This is getting ridiculous. As a condi build, basically all my damage and all my damage mitigation (blind, cripple, immobilize) are conditions. It is incredibly unbalanced for a class to just COMPLETELY IGNORE that for 32 (actually, 44 if they'd used Healing Signet on cooldown, which they might have if it was a 1v1) seconds at a time.

In that time, I could have alt-f4ed, fired up Overwatch, and joined a quickplay.

Honestly, if this kitten keeps up, I might just do that next time.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about you bring some boon removal sigils, traits, utilities instead of complaining about resistance. The condi spam is too much right now that resistance is a must for every class, heck I say Anet needs to do more and give more resistance to everyone because the condition spam is too much.

You outman him 3 vs 1 and not a single one of you had boon removal sigils, traits, or utilities? Don't expect to go in PvP with out the right builds and win.

That wouldn't even help much because the resist is PULSING. It reapplies on a MUCH shorter cooldown than those boon strip sigils/traits .. and that's assuming it even strips resist!

No class should be completely immune to damage unless your opponent just happens to have the right sigils. That's just dumb.

@Hitman.5829 said:How about you bring some boon removal sigils, traits, utilities instead of complaining about resistance. The condi spam is too much right now that resistance is a must for every class, heck I say Anet needs to do more and give more resistance to everyone because the condition spam is too much.

Quaggan disagrees. Quaggan will give you a random example, Ele staff:

1 Fire

Resistance makes 3rd skill completly useless and removes possible damage component of 4th skill.

2 Water

Resistance makes 2nd skill less useful, because Vunerability has no effect, also it makes 4th skill completly useless.

3 Air

Resistance ignores blind on 2nd skill.

4 Earth

Resistance makes 1st skill (auto attack) completly useless, same goes to 2nd skill and 5th skill.

So you see, you just disabled multiple Ele skills with one boon, even if Ele is playing Mender.

Totally agree with the OP. As a once burn guard, I couldnt do shit but take the beating as he laughed at me. Popping every damn CD and getting creamed. SB War resistance is one instance where the class is just broke AF. There passive Stability, auto healing and Full Counter tips this class to game breakage. The game at the moment with SB is broke. I really hope Anet fixes this crap soon.

@Hitman.5829 said:How about you bring some boon removal sigils, traits, utilities instead of complaining about resistance. The condi spam is too much right now that resistance is a must for every class, heck I say Anet needs to do more and give more resistance to everyone because the condition spam is too much.

You outman him 3 vs 1 and not a single one of you had boon removal sigils, traits, or utilities? Don't expect to go in PvP with out the right builds and win.

Yup. This.

Engi only has Throw Mine which doesn't fit at all in a condi build, no traits that remove boons. Sigil of Nullification could work, but again, it's on a longer cooldown than the pulsing resist, and it actually has to strip resist too, not some other boon. If I had used BOTH those things, the SB could have just popped healing signet anyway and had another 6 seconds.

Isn't the fact that he survives a 3v1 for like a minute enough of a problem? Not only that, he gets a down! Now, my teammates could probably have been playing farther back for safety, but this is a point-capture game. You can't just not contest the point for a full minute. You'll lose every time.

@Hiki.9310 said:All I play is condition builds. When I fight a warrior, I run away while they have resistance then come back to fight them. When I fight Spellbreakers, I run away and never fight back.

And then they chase you down with all of their gap-closers and kill you anyways.

Also at op, you guys won that fight why do you still complain about spellbreakers? If they were actually op he would have won that 3v1.

the condi damage and damage is fucking off the charts in general. what is a warrior going to do with his completely useless cleansing ire on berserker and spellbreaker? warriors become shit again and people complain. everything needs to be shaved down, deadeye, damage, holosmith retarded burst, mirage, soulbeast condi+iboga and more.

@Morwath.9817 said:

1 Fire

Resistance makes 3rd skill completly useless and removes possible damage component of 4th skill.

2 Water

Resistance makes 2nd skill less useful, because Vunerability has no effect, also it makes 4th skill completly useless.

3 Air

4 Earth

Resistance makes 1st skill (auto attack) completly useless, same goes to 2nd skill and 5th skill.

So you see, you just disabled multiple Ele skills with one boon, even if Ele is playing Mender.

The same could be said the other way around.

• playing condition ignores Armor
  • playing condition ignores protection
  • playing condition ignores weakness
  • playing condition ignores invulnerability (it just becomes an evade like distortion)

See playing a condition damage build just ignores most defensive mechanics. And there are still more problems.

There is a much bigger underlying problem than just resistance, that is the balance between direct and condition damage and the ways to play around them. Resistance is no good designed boon but the whole direct vs condition damage isn't designed good either. To fix it you would need to rework and rescale a lot more than just resistance but it would definitely be worth it.

Right now warrior is op. It has very high resistance uptime and several blocks, fullcounter and immune to direct dmg frames. Combine that with high hp, heavy armor and 400 hp/s signet and we have the immortal spellbreaker. Immune to direct dmg and resistance is so high that they can run zerker and still survive more than some classes using defensive gear. And if they ever run out of immune/blocks/resistance in wvw they can just use GS 3+5 and reset their hp.

Full counter needs to be nerfed.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

1 Fire

2 Water

3 Air

4 Earth

The same could be said the other way around.
  • playing condition ignores Armor
  • playing condition ignores protection
  • playing condition ignores weakness
  • playing condition ignores invulnerability (it just becomes an evade like distortion)

See playing a condition damage build just ignores most defensive mechanics. And there are still more problems.

There is a much bigger underlying problem than just resistance, that is the balance between direct and condition damage and the ways to play around them. Resistance is no good designed boon but the whole direct vs condition damage isn't designed good either. To fix it you would need to rework and rescale a lot more than just resistance but it would definitely be worth it.

Quaggan never said condi damage of Scrouge & Mirage is fine. Quaggan also suggested in other threads to make condi affected by stuff you mentioned (toughness/protection/weakness). Quaggan also believes condition builds shouldn't be able to burst, burst should be domain of power / hybrid (e.g. Viper) builds.

Lol at the obvious spellbreaker mains saying to bring boon removal sigils. Because resistance is the only boon that warriors have (swift, might, fury, prot, sometimes quick), and because resistance doesn't pulse or can be reapplied from a successful FC or featherfoot whatever utility, right?

Don't make it that obvious, guys.

You have proved time and time again how clueless you are. Everything from stating Guards (not Firebrand) has the highest stab uptime to saying Annulement is a valid counter to pulsing resistance.

As for boon removal skills / traits. The 3v1 was War vs Double Engineer + Ele. Would you be so kind as to list all of the boon removal skills and traits those classes have between them? Nothing? Really?

@Loop.8106 said:

You have proved time and time again how clueless you are. Everything from stating Guards (not Firebrand) has the highest stab uptime to saying Annulement is a valid counter to pulsing resistance.

As for boon removal skills / traits. The 3v1 was War vs Double Engineer + Ele. Would you be so kind as to list all of the boon removal skills and traits those classes have between them? Nothing? Really?

Why does Double Engineer + Ele need to worry about Resistance? (Spellbreaker does have too much Resistance access though)

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

@Loop.8106 said:

Why does Double Engineer + Ele need to worry about Resistance? (Spellbreaker does have too much Resistance access though)

As seen in the video, one of the engineers is playing condition. The weaver is pretty 50/50 when it comes to power / condi. Meaning the Resistance is shutting down about 1.5 people in a 1v3.

@Loop.8106 said:

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

@Loop.8106 said:

As seen in the video, one of the engineers is playing condition. The weaver is pretty 50/50 when it comes to power / condi. Meaning the Resistance is shutting down about 1.5 people in a 1v3.

actually, logically, the weaver/holo just hitting without thinking, procing full counter which results in resistance and no landing damage.and yea, warrior use sigil of annulment before pof, when everybody spam stab/prot and there's no way around itsee how fast spellbreaker melt after resistance ran out? if two people ran annulment in this 3v1, sb would be down before it began.

but yea personal preference wise, i would love to have more boon rip and unblockable across all classes thanks

boon removal? :D You mean that sigil which removes 2 boons? Yeah... Spellbreaker has only 2 boons to remove....Exactly what are you so frightened dear warrior player? Anet should rework resistance. And warriors should have more condi removal, not condi ignoring skills. Like... yeah, every other class in this game.

ps. Only scourge has condi removal/corruption that works against spellbreakers. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE playing PvP knows this. So where have you been?

Archived