Spellbreaker has 32 seconds of resistance in a 1v3, never even pops healing signet

coro.3176

@Morwath.9817 said:Quaggan thinks Resistance itself is stupid, its boon ignoring most of game mechanics and trolling 2/3 of skills on some weapons...

I think the only problem with spellbreaker resistance stems from the fact that currently condi dps is much more effective than power dps, and therefore any class that can handle condis easily is very powerful in this meta. If there were more power builds in the meta, spellbreaker would have a tougher time. Instead of nerfing spellbreaker, I think perhaps a better idea would be to buff power builds to provide a counter play. (also, full counter should maybe have a longer cooldown in pvp only)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Elementalist Owner.7802 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:Quaggan thinks Resistance itself is stupid, its boon ignoring most of game mechanics and trolling 2/3 of skills on some weapons...

I think the only problem with spellbreaker resistance stems from the fact that currently condi dps is much more effective than power dps, and therefore any class that can handle condis easily is very powerful in this meta. If there were more power builds in the meta, spellbreaker would have a tougher time. Instead of nerfing spellbreaker, I think perhaps a better idea would be to buff power builds to provide a counter play. (also, full counter should maybe have a longer cooldown in pvp only)

Quaggan thinks that condi SHOULD be more effective as DPS than power (in longer fights), while power SHOULD be more effective as burst (in shorter fights). Quaggan belives that issue isn't fact that condi damage deals more damage over time (because it should), but that condi damage can burst people down pretty fast (while it shouldn't). Quaggan also believes, you shouldn't buff stuff to match power of something overpowered, since that leads to power creep, you need to nerf overpowered mechanics to avoid power creep, not the other way.

@Morwath.9817 said:

Quaggan thinks that condi SHOULD be more effective as DPS than power (in longer fights), while power SHOULD be more effective as burst (in shorter fights). Quaggan belives that issue isn't fact that condi damage deals more damage over time (because it should), but that condi damage can burst people down pretty fast (while it shouldn't).

Just for the sake of clarity, I never said condi shouldn't do more damage over time.

@Morwath.9817 said:

Quaggan also believes, you shouldn't buff stuff to match power of something overpowered, since that leads to power creep, you need to nerf overpowered mechanics to avoid power creep, not the other way.

Gotcha, my opinion is that spellbreaker isn't overpowered at all, it just needs a counter play. (and possibly a nerf to full counter which I mentioned)

@Morwath.9817 said:

Quaggan thinks that condi SHOULD be more effective as DPS than power (in longer fights), while power SHOULD be more effective as burst (in shorter fights). Quaggan belives that issue isn't fact that condi damage deals more damage over time (because it should), but that condi damage can burst people down pretty fast (while it shouldn't). Quaggan also believes, you shouldn't buff stuff to match power of something overpowered, since that leads to power creep, you need to nerf overpowered mechanics to avoid power creep, not the other way.

Right! There are a few things that need to happen (IMO):

• Nerf condi burst, a lot. Condi should be DoT, emphasis on the T.
  • Nerf condi removal. If condi is going to do less damage, it needs to be able to stick on players longer. This means far less removal

@coro.3176 said:That wouldn't even help much because the resist is PULSING. It reapplies on a MUCH shorter cooldown than those boon strip sigils/traits .. and that's assuming it even strips resist!

No class should be completely immune to damage unless your opponent just happens to have the right sigils. That's just kitten.

I tried SB again this week and lost 6 games. Melted to necro and Condi DH. Holosmith can 1v1 me. 1 necro can 1v1 me. Only revnant and ranger have to 2v1 me.

I am a gold tier player. I personally think I'm mediocre.

You must not be good. L2p

Also, also, on the off chance you were facing a legendary and you are xyz levels below in skill...

IT WOULDN'T HAVE MATTERED WHAT CLASS YOUR OPPONENT WAS USING.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Isn't boonstripping a thing?

For elementalists and engineers? No... And besides, even if they had boon ripping, Spellbreaker reaplication of resistance is in small ticks and not one huge duration. Even if you rip it, it will be back about 3s after while your boon rip still on cd and you're being mauled by the most broken spec in the game.

@Hitman.5829 said:How about you bring some boon removal sigils, traits, utilities instead of complaining about resistance. The condi spam is too much right now that resistance is a must for every class, heck I say Anet needs to do more and give more resistance to everyone because the condition spam is too much.

You outman him 3 vs 1 and not a single one of you had boon removal sigils, traits, or utilities? Don't expect to go in PvP with out the right builds and win.

BOON REMOVAL SIGILS! MANS IS SERIOUS, hahaha. Yes let's advise professions with no boon rip worth talking about to waste sigils in order to maybe counter a drop in a bucketload of resistance pulses.

Seriously, nothing except SB and Scourge has a (keyword) strong build that offers boon rip. You gotta be running a boon rip theme to properly benefit from boon rip sigils.

If ArenaNet knows what's up they'll start converting resistance skills into condition removal skills.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Loop.8106 said:

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

@Loop.8106 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:How about you bring some boon removal sigils, traits, utilities instead of complaining about resistance. The condi spam is too much right now that resistance is a must for every class, heck I say Anet needs to do more and give more resistance to everyone because the condition spam is too much.

You outman him 3 vs 1 and not a single one of you had boon removal sigils, traits, or utilities? Don't expect to go in PvP with out the right builds and win.

You have proved time and time again how clueless you are. Everything from stating Guards (not Firebrand) has the highest stab uptime to saying Annulement is a valid counter to pulsing resistance.

As for boon removal skills / traits. The 3v1 was War vs Double Engineer + Ele. Would you be so kind as to list all of the boon removal skills and traits those classes have between them? Nothing? Really?

Why does Double Engineer + Ele need to worry about Resistance? (Spellbreaker does have too much Resistance access though)

As seen in the video, one of the engineers is playing condition. The weaver is pretty 50/50 when it comes to power / condi. Meaning the Resistance is shutting down about 1.5 people in a 1v3.

actually, logically, the weaver/holo just hitting without thinking, procing full counter which results in resistance and no landing damage.and yea, warrior use sigil of annulment before pof, when everybody spam stab/prot and there's no way around itsee how fast spellbreaker melt after resistance ran out? if two people ran annulment in this 3v1, sb would be down before it began.

but yea personal preference wise, i would love to have more boon rip and unblockable across all classes thanks

So you are saying you need 3 people with boon strip sigil to kill 1 spellbreaker? Gotcha!

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

boon removal? :D You mean that sigil which removes 2 boons? Yeah... Spellbreaker has only 2 boons to remove....Exactly what are you so frightened dear warrior player? Anet should rework resistance. And warriors should have more condi removal, not condi ignoring skills. Like... yeah, every other class in this game.

ps. Only scourge has condi removal/corruption that works against spellbreakers. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE playing PvP knows this. So where have you been?

I did go to school and the last time I checked, 2x3 = 6 boons removed. That warrior would stand no chance if you had the right builds! Learn to play PUGS!In a team of 5, that is 2x5 = 10 boons removed. If you are complaining about trivial things like this, it just shows your level of ignorance about this game, it is a learn to play issue. Get good PUGS!

@Hitman.5829 said:How about you bring some boon removal sigils

lulz,

might as well tell ppl to bring sigil of cleansing if facing scourges, that should take care of the problem for sure!

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

boon removal? :D You mean that sigil which removes 2 boons? Yeah... Spellbreaker has only 2 boons to remove....Exactly what are you so frightened dear warrior player? Anet should rework resistance. And warriors should have more condi removal, not condi ignoring skills. Like... yeah, every other class in this game.

ps. Only scourge has condi removal/corruption that works against spellbreakers. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE playing PvP knows this. So where have you been?

I did go to school and the last time I checked, 2x3 = 6 boons removed. That warrior would stand no chance if you had the right builds! Learn to play PUGS!In a team of 5, that is 2x5 = 10 boons removed. If you are complaining about trivial things like this, it just shows your level of ignorance about this game, it is a learn to play issue. Get good PUGS!

So your solution to facing ONE spellbreaker is for FIVE people to use half their sigil slots to deal with ONE part of SB's immunity?

what the shit other kind of profession requres 5 people to dedicate that amount of resources into something?

Imagine if a single guardian's F3 passive aegis required 5 people to crack.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

(Notice his warrior avatar, guys)

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

2x3=6, FROM WHERE?!? You mean Sigil of Annulment and Sigil of Absortion? :'DD Please stop. I'm laughing so hard to you. A+ from a math. That you got right. But logic is pure F. Sigil of Annulment has 18 sec cooldown, meaning you shouldn't use it on both weapons. Sigil of Absortion on the other hand... Could be useful in build with TONS of cc's so you could proc warriors Last Stand and then wait until it's over and cc warrior. But again, you needed interruption build for that.

@NeedCoffee.1402 said:Why do you people pretend bunker druid and bunker guard or bunker ele weren't just as resilient? Maybe not the same way, but they were. 1v1 you couldn't burn down a bunker druid. they would just heal and laugh.Oh maybe that's a skill argument..... lol.

Bunker means... well bunker! It blocks, heals, uses skills to negate damage on behalf of teammates. But should it be able to kill anyone 1v1? No. Should it be unkillable 1v1? If not just smashing buttons (facerolling) then yes. 1v2? Again, if pro player as a bunker faces 2 gold div players, he should be able to sustain. But could even pro player with bunker build kill lower div players 1v1? No, if they werent afk.

Is warrior/spellbreaker a bunker build? Yes. Can it outsustain most 1v1? yes. Can it kill 1v1? Yes. Can it bunker 1v2 against lower div? Yes. Can it kill 1v2 against lower div? Yes.See what's wrong here?

Condition getting out of control is the reason why resistance is created in the first hand. But resistance on the fly is not a health solution to condi cancer-meta. Not every class is able to boon strip and it is stupid require a certain sigil to hope it remove the right boon.

Therefore in order to reduce resistance uptime, condition application should be limited to either output high stacking single damage condition (condi burst build), high damage but easy to remove like burn guard; multi low stacking damage condition (condi sustain), damage came from different condition sources but very low stack on each type, hard to cleanse all, provide sustain damage.

After revisited all condition application, resistance should be reworked Into very short duration that block all condi application. When resistance boon is up, the next attack with X number of conditions and will be nullified, and the boon will be removed. If there is existing x amount of conditions is already applicated before resistance is up, the next DAMAGE pulse will trigger resistance and remove all existing conditions along with the resistance boon.

Then boon strip will not be so important, while resistance strong class like warrior, resistance can be baited and removed by minor conditions.

Literally the amount of boon removal needed is from a scourge or power mirage. otherwise the other boons will just suck up those pathetic sigil boon removals. Engi (the op character) does not have any other boon removal.

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@NeedCoffee.1402 said:Why do you people pretend bunker druid and bunker guard or bunker ele weren't just as resilient? Maybe not the same way, but they were. 1v1 you couldn't burn down a bunker druid. they would just heal and laugh.Oh maybe that's a skill argument..... lol.

Bunker means... well bunker! It blocks, heals, uses skills to negate damage on behalf of teammates. But should it be able to kill anyone 1v1? No. Should it be unkillable 1v1? If not just smashing buttons (facerolling) then yes. 1v2? Again, if pro player as a bunker faces 2 gold div players, he should be able to sustain. But could even pro player with bunker build kill lower div players 1v1? No, if they werent afk.

Is warrior/spellbreaker a bunker build? Yes. Can it outsustain most 1v1? yes. Can it kill 1v1? Yes. Can it bunker 1v2 against lower div? Yes. Can it kill 1v2 against lower div? Yes.See what's wrong here?

like, i agree with why you want spellbreaker nerfed (it totally needs it, not warrior tho btw- warrior & berserker are fine), but your bunker analysis is super flawed.

warrior has no support, & is absolutely not a bunker build. it’s just an OP 1v1 build. warrior hasn’t been anything but 1v1 since shouts were gutted. sure its so overtuned it even has strong 1v2 (even in high level play), but its not a bunker- it’s just OP.

druid on the otherhand is a hybrid 1v1 support build. like what the old shoutbow was. it’s got good 1v1 & 1v2 matchups (well, except for spellbreaker lol) as well as excellent disengage, mobility & strong support skills. after watching it in the recent EU UGO i have to say duid is excellent. very awesome spec.

the issue w spellbreaker is it should compete with radiant hammer, holosmith, & mirage (etc). they should be your go to 1v1 builds, or sidenode builds. but spellbreaker is S tier, & everything else is just a worse pick. there is no diversity in what you can slot for the role, it just has to be spellbreaker. it needs to be brought down so things like holo are more competitive comparatively.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

Meta Spellbreaker generates the following boons

mightretaliationswiftnessvigorstabilityresistanceprotection

It is statistically unlikely for Sigil of Annulment or Sigil of Nullification to hit resistance, and if one of those sigils does manage to hit the resistance there is a decent chance the warrior will be able to reapply the resistance before critical damage is taken.

*SB can also generate fury from their elite skill and from pack runes.

I don't know about you, but I remember tons of complaints about bunker druid and bunker tempest back before it got nerfed.

Archived