Good server

shifftie.9601

It was said more elequently above, but anyone that's been on a linked server for the past year and is being honest can tell you, none of them are really good, though some can be better than others, and sometimes it's not even the hosts people that just rub you the wrong way, lack caring about what you do or otherwise have their own agendas, sometimes (though not as often most likely) it could be rogue elements within one of their links doing these counter productive things.

Your best bet isn't to take someone elses word though, it's to join or stay with a link server and sample and judge for yourself what you like before making a commitment.

@shifftie.9601 said:Howdy,

So I love wvw and I'm looking for a server that might not be full or close to full but one that has a great community. I'm currently on RoF but looking for something else. What would u suggest? I'm looking for a server people care about and fight for the server

Problem is, current linking system prevents you for joining servers that are marked as FULL. For EN/EU servers this means Gandara, Deso, SFR and FSP. You could in theory join one of the smaller servers linked to these - AG, FoW or BT, but after few months just when you are getting to know people you play with, link is probably changed again and you are forced to play with another server.

So, your only options really are Vabbi or Piken. We fought them both last week and may fight again next week so this is my highly personal and flawed description of those servers (I play in FoW which is linked to SFR):

With current link Vabbi + UW is currently largest and most active server in EU with million fighting guilds all blobbing up into huge zerg for few hours primetime. They do not play for score or points so they keep losing matches against servers with much less people. Their main problem is that only server with similar playerbase is FSP but Vabbi will only get one week to fight them before dropping off to lower tier again and then have to wait full week with nobody to fight.

When we had fight with Piken they did not have half the people Vabbi had, but they look to be well able to fight off Gandara. Piken has more players doing off-hours capping and in general doing PvE and taking objectives when no enemy is around. But they still barely managed to win against us, and SFR is really empty with no commanders and very few guilds around.

@shifftie.9601 said:Howdy,

So I love wvw and I'm looking for a server that might not be full or close to full but one that has a great community. I'm currently on RoF but looking for something else. What would u suggest? I'm looking for a server people care about and fight for the server

as others said, since linking server pride doesn't exist anymore. as i play on a server who hasn't ever been linked, even here it's more about the playstile.

so what do you like, sieging, defending, smallscale, open field fighting. search for a server where your favorite playstile is mostly accepted and go for that (if it's open)

So I’m on WSR linked with you guys, gotta say never had a beef with ROF but WSR has now been invaded by people from deso trying to make WSR great again. From what I can tell these guys are being salty ****s so I apologise for the poor linking if that’s a contributing factor. They will probably have left in 6 months anyway.

HazyDaisy gives good advise and having being linked with top tier and bottom tier servers I can honestly say I’d rather be WSR again even if we are bottom and have barely any activity in the day. Go up and it’s blobbing and ganking, move down to lower levels and it’s a clown fiesta where numbers rule but only because the majority of people in pug zergs don’t even know their loot stick has more than 1 button.

If you’re sick of being bottom on RoF where it’s too big to be a linked server but too small to really move up or anything then move to a link server, UW, FoW, WSR are all decent but I’d say UW and WSR have better communities as far as I know and I don’t know if FoW still has one around.

Thank you everyone that has taken the time to reply, I think the new linking is fine WSR has some great commanders. But this week i would say has seen an increase in tension but that i guess is to be expected. Im really looking to bring some of the more hardcore wvw players over and some of them are already on RoF. I might give it a week or so and see how i feel. If i moved to WSR right now would seem a waste due to the linking. But its defo an option.

@mantisboxer.9608 said:So if I wanted to transfer to a EU server from an NA server and my thing is large scale zerg v zerg which one would I choose. My main play time is eu prime time. Also, all of the servers in eu speak English I assume?

no we do have national servers here as well that do speak french , german or spanish

@mantisboxer.9608 said:Are there servers in EU that do primarily speak english?

All the EU servers that do not have FR, DE or SP after the name, are English. Again, you are not able to transfer to Full server, so this excludes Gandara, Desolation, Far Shiverpeaks and Seafarer's Rest. But of course you can transfer to smaller server linked to one of those. Only larger server that are not full, are Piken Square, Gunnar's Hold and Vabbi.

Smaller servers are linked, and will probably be relinked after 2 months so you may end up with new server you do not like soon. These are Aurora Glade, Whiteside Ridge, Blacktide, Underworld, Ring of Fire, Fissure of Woe and Ruins of Surmia.

@mantisboxer.9608 said:So if I wanted to transfer to a EU server from an NA server and my thing is large scale zerg v zerg which one would I choose. My main play time is eu prime time. Also, all of the servers in eu speak English I assume?

Vabbi is one of the most salty server ever. Dont join Vabbi. Better go Blacktide linked with FSP or Piken or Aurora Glade linked with Gandara

@Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046 said:

@FogLeg.9354 said:

Smaller servers are linked, and will probably be relinked after 2 months so you may end up with new server you do not like soon. These are Aurora Glade, Whiteside Ridge, Blacktide, Underworld, Ring of Fire, Fissure of Woe and Ruins of Surmia.

And Gunnar's! :cookie:

sorry about that, edited the post now

Archived