[SUGGESTION] how boon corrupt / boon rip could work balanced

Dukotje.4382

Since Spellbreakers and Scourges are so heavy on removing and corrupting boons, applying tons and tons of conditions within a few seconds, i love to suggest a way to make it a bit more balancing...

they reworked stability after 2 years of complainment by changing the way how many stacks can be ripped. I believe the new change made it so only 1 stack could be removed every 0.75 seconds, making it so you can still escape a CC spike. great changes, still props to anet for implementing that.

Now boon corrupt / boon rip is in my opinion the same. As i said you are able to condi spike and boon rip all condi's and destroy your enemy within seconds. If you implement the same functionality of stability into all boons, making it so only 1 boon can be removed every 0.75 second, or somewhere around that, it will solve a lot of inbalance issues regarding the new elite specs.boon corrupt could still be a think, making each boon corruptable every 0.5 or 0.75 seconds, will lower the overal condi application and possibility to own a zerg/blob fight if you have the majority of mini palawa joko's running around. lets not nerf boon application tho, since they are the essence of being alive.

Also can the order of corrupt/rip be changed? resistance was brought into the game so we can fight the heavy condition pressure, and yet, that boon is the first one to be gone when corrupting... after that is stability and you are fully dead in a second.. isn't it better to make resistance an uncorruptable boon, like some sort of buff (like how warrior banner buffs are applied) instead of a boon? would be nice ^^

Anet could just remove as well the direct conditions spam from most necros skills , and gave them hexes gw1 style.

Spellbreaber is a class heavy designed to work arround full counter in a way they every pve player can look good and be carried using it on pvp enviroments.... i know this is what gw2 was ment to be good at, but it is a awfull design.

Full counter needs to get redesigned its to lame.....easy...very very noob friendly design.

Scourge and Spellbreaker were made to counter the heavy boon spam introduced in HoT. Players need to adapt and stop being carried by boons. I am not fan of either meta, but I adapt as others should, use more cleanses instead of relying on resistance if you find it constantly being corrupted. No group should just be able to spam boons on themselves with no consequences, there needs to be some risk involved because otherwise its just too easy and rewarding.

Making Resistance incorruptible would be absolutely game breaking and unfair, as it would just allow groups to stack and ignore every condition essentially making them immune to any non power damage or condition effects.

The trouble with the current Point of Failure mess is that you can use as many cleanses as you like- you're instantly covered with a pile more conditions.

One solution would be to have immunity from conditions that you have just cleansed for a period of time- say 3 seconds? On the flip side, you could also restrict boons in a similar way so once one is corrupted or stripped you cannot use for 3 seconds.

Of course, not very likely to happen as the calculations would grind wvw to a halt.

And of course, anything to do with wvw isn't even in the balance team's radar- look what they did to a perfectly decent shroud in order to boost damage for pve!

Archived