Skirmishing Reward Track

ShadowsMaster.4251

hey guys, just thought it would be nice to have a skirmishing reward track so we can continue earning skirmish tickets once we've done all the pip rewards/farmed all the other tracks, it would make it more worthwhile to keep playing wvw once the pip train is done, it could also include memories of battle, testimonies of heroics, champ boxes and skirmish ticket boxes for completeing each tier.

I'll save you some of your time and post some of the answers you'll problably see below:

"Things need to be time gated""You shouldn't be playing WvW only for rewards""You are a casual PvE'er that want rewards handed to you""Ticket acquisition is fine as it is""You are asking for easy legendary"

Skirmish rewards are capped to balance the shinies that can be obtained with them. I'm not against people continuing to earn stuff after hitting the cap, but it's hard to imagine that it's easy to offer anything too substantial

In the meantime, you still earn reward track progress. I think of all the issues with WvW and associated rewards, this has got to be lower priority.

@Jeknar.6184 said:I'll save you some of your time and post some of the answers you'll problably see below:

"Things need to be time gated""You shouldn't be playing WvW only for rewards""You are a casual PvE'er that want rewards handed to you""Ticket acquisition is fine as it is""You are asking for easy legendary"

Co-signed

Well said!

@Vavume.8065 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:why do we need a reward track when there's a repeat diamond chest we can use?

Exactly, we don't need a reward track for more tickets, we just need the diamond chest to keep giving more tickets when repeated.

Or some of the rewards changed to a repeatable currency (Such as Testimony of heroics) so the legendary remain timegated, but we are being able buy ascendeds and other good without the timegated tickets. .

Nevermind, just thought it'd be a bit easier for those of us who don't PvE/Raid and just play WvW for fun, i wasn't saying it should be loads of tickets just 5 per tier/40 per track also it would have a broader range of wvw related item's than just making diamond chests have repeatable tickets infact doing so would be worse, the reward track could also have stacks of superior siege you could donate to your commander/guild

@Jeknar.6184 said:I'll save you some of your time and post some of the answers you'll problably see below:

Well, if you don´t play wvw for rewards, for what else reason you would play it then ?Speaking of myself I play wvw for the rewards, for the promise of that backpack.

I wouldn't be against an entire reward track with a reward of, say, 50 at the end. That's 6-8 hours for a few extra tickets, for those who want those instead of the stuff other tracks grant. It technically kills the timegate but still keeps people from just grinding out a shitton at once. Leggo rewards would still mean something.I wouldn't mind it being part of a wvw-oriented reward track along the line of the various ideas shared in this thread.

~ Kovu

I finished Diamond on Saturday night this week, I usually finish on the weekend. So believe me I know how nice it would be to get extra tickets but it is important to think about how it would affect player involvement short and long term. They are time gated to promote long term involvement in WvW so people do not just farm up a bunch of tickets too quickly and leave.So while it would be helpful to us in the short term with more people playing during the week after finishing Diamond, in the long run less people would play due to having accumulated a large number of tickets and having nothing to use them for.

@Arzurag.7506 said:

Well, if you don´t play wvw for rewards, for what else reason you would play it then ?Speaking of myself I play wvw for the rewards, for the promise of that backpack.

Shockingly a lot of people I know who play WvW do it because they "enjoy" it. I am still trying to grasp this idea of playing something for fun and not for rewards.

I like playing sentinel armor scrapper and dealing with zerg verses zerg fights. I also like being tactical with scouting and supporting my allies. Although i am not that useful in a zerg - the rewards haven't really bothered me.

Now if i tried hard to "win" i could imagine trying to only play scourge and get as much tickets as possible.

Some people call me a casual but i play wvw because i enjoy my class and the build i have as well i enjoy zerg fights and being part of a server community.

I know engineer sucks in wvw but i play for fun - not to win and i do what i can to make the most out of my class.

@Arzurag.7506 said:

For the same reason people played WvW 5 years ago when the rewards were literally inexistant: Because they enjoy it.

Of course, getting a little extra for doing what you enjoy is always good.

@Kovu.7560 said:Am I the only person who doesn't finish their reward track before Sunday night? I think I'm mid way through gold right now.Those skirmish chests and reward track drops are still useful, tickets or no.

~ Kovu

I usually finish on the weekend, but sometimes I am too busy with real life stuff so it might take me all week or I might not finish at all. There are weeks where I might repeat Diamond 4-6 times, and some weeks I don't finish until late Thursday night.

Archived