Weaver is still garbage.

mysticsicness.7598

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@mysticsicness.7598 said:Weavers bought the xpac to play sword.

I'm pretty sure they bought it to play a new spec, not a new weapon. And just like mentioned on another post, others of the new spec weapons aren't good either (Mirage Axe, Holosmith Sword, Soulbeast Dagger...)

Mirage is very strong without axe. Holosmith is viable without sword. Weaver is very bad no matter what weapon set. Sword is probably the better of the weapon choices at the moment.

@mysticsicness.7598 said:Thief sees tournament play and most likely still will. Weaver is so bad that base FA ele is making a come back. Weavers bought the xpac to play sword.

The bias is clear...would I be you OP.....I'd drop ele it's a lost cause and will most likely remain so...as I have mentioned..bias..more can't say for obvious reasons

@Razor.6392 said:why does everyone call weaver =sword build? I don't see anyone referring to holo only when they equip their sword, or deadeye when they got their rifle on. Likewise mirage is mirage even if they don't use axe.

there are more specs out there than just lolsword

This issue with weaver and ele is that ele weapon sets have defensive skills in slots 4 and 5. Sword has Water 2 and Earth 2, which are easily accessible defensive skills making the specialization far more usable in PvP.

@Razor.6392 said:why does everyone call weaver =sword build? I don't see anyone referring to holo only when they equip their sword, or deadeye when they got their rifle on. Likewise mirage is mirage even if they don't use axe.

there are more specs out there than just lolsword

Mostly because Sword itself seems to be the strongest weapon Ele has right now, tied with Scepter, but Scepter is pure fresh air tool, and fresh air doesn't need weaver to work. Quaggan thinks Dagger or Staff dual attacks could be a bit stronger, especially Staff could offer a bit more support.

@mysticsicness.7598 said:I think weaver could be good if mirage and scourge wasn't so crazy. Scourge probably killable without firebrand. Mirage is just insane.

You've said it yourself. Weaver is kinda ok. Damage is there, but it's really hard to apply and you can't really put out much damage when mirage is either dodging, blinking or bursting condis and scourge corrupts every single boon you have.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:After some Time playing in ranked i'd Say Sword Weaver is fine and balanced. It is some other specs that are overtuned. Still, it requires much more effort to be decent at killing things.

Yeah, weaver is fine it's just all the other specs that are too strong.

That's one way to see it, indeed.

Working just fine here. Usually yields top damage and top kills for me without too much effort. It's also extremely multifunctional, holds its own in 1v1s, can hold points, but can also be hyper mobile (Sw/D) with polaric leap, lightning flash, ride the lightning etc. making it ideal for +1ing. It has a decent amount of blast finishers for team healing/cleansing as well as powerful CC (e.g. earthquake).

After playing around with Avatar amulet I can clearly see why Weaver fails. Every profession has something it does that is ridiculously strong when played correctly.

Mirage: Mobility and Confusion stackingScourge: Condi Pressure/Boon RemovalSpellbreaker: Mobility, Damage, SustainFirebrand: The new Super BunkerThief: Mobility and +1 potentialHolosmith: Insane burst and dodge 2 win mine spam (spits in the face of evasive arcana)Druid: Sustain, Mobility, Support

Weaver is balanced if all the devs wanted was a slightly stronger version of original GW2. There is nothing spectacular or dare I say "broken" about it. It simply cannot compete with any of the above professions.

Archived