Which Legendary Weapon Should I Make?

haventr.1630

So I hate Gift of Exploration so much that I am not willing to do world completion again, and need help determining my final Generation 1 Legendary to make. I just recently made Bolt so that leaves me with one more. If I play mostly Renegade, Berserker, Chronomancer, Druid, Firebrand/Dragonhunter, and Weaver(very rarely), which legendary is used the most across those classes in PvE?

@Randulf.7614 said:Shield seems a good option and Flameseeker is one of the best skins from the first gen set

Yea it's a nice skin, but doesn't only chronomancer use shield out of these specs? I'm looking for the skin that is used the most out of all of these classes so that my investment feels worth it(like it was with bolt).

Is there a legendary sword? Don't think Druid/Rangers can use swords (or if they did, I never used one on them).I would probably go with that as for me I use sword at times on Renegade, Mesmer,Firebrand/Dragonhunter, and I know Weaver most used seems to be the sword at times.

I can't say on skins as none of the skins of the legendaries interest me at the slightest. If I ever got one I would transmutate them to something else.

@Falseprophet.1502 said:Could use the shield for a support Firebrand build as well. What about Bolt? You could use it on your Berserker for Condi DPS, Druid with a warhorn offhand or dagger for extra evades, Firebrand for PVE dps, Dragonhunter for PvP/WVW, and Weaver for whatever!

Already made Bolt.

@haventr.1630 said:

@Falseprophet.1502 said:Could use the shield for a support Firebrand build as well. What about Bolt? You could use it on your Berserker for Condi DPS, Druid with a warhorn offhand or dagger for extra evades, Firebrand for PVE dps, Dragonhunter for PvP/WVW, and Weaver for whatever!

Already made Bolt.

My bad, maybe if I would have read your original post! What about Frostfang? Good for Renegade, power Berserker, Condi Druid, and Condi Firebrand. Could also use it for Mirage if you ever wanted to try that out, too. Bifrost could be universal as well.

@Falseprophet.1502 said:

@haventr.1630 said:

Already made Bolt.

My bad, maybe if I would have read your original post! What about Frostfang? Good for Renegade, power Berserker, Condi Druid, and Condi Firebrand. Could also use it for Mirage if you ever wanted to try that out, too. Bifrost could be universal as well.

I'm thinking either frostfang or rodgort atm, do footsteps from 2 legendaries combine? if not then frostfang is the pick easily

@haventr.1630 said:

@Falseprophet.1502 said:

@haventr.1630 said:

Already made Bolt.

I'm thinking either frostfang or rodgort atm, do footsteps from 2 legendaries combine? if not then frostfang is the pick easily

Rodgort is a good one too. You can use for Berserker, Druid, both Dragonhunter/Firebrand for power/condi dps, and Chronomancer. I can't for certain confirm if they combine or not. I only own Sunrise and Flameseeker Prophecies

@Falseprophet.1502 said:

@haventr.1630 said:

@Falseprophet.1502 said:

@haventr.1630 said:

Already made Bolt.

Rodgort is a good one too. You can use for Berserker, Druid, both Dragonhunter/Firebrand for power/condi dps, and Chronomancer. I can't for certain confirm if they combine or not. I only own Sunrise and Flameseeker Prophecies

Okay so just gonna ask this instead of making a new post: Frostfang for Firebrand, Druid, and Renegade VS. Rodgort for Firebrand and Berserker. I already have bolt so I lose the Rodgort footsteps when playing Berserker. Which to get?

OR..... do a little market research, and see if you can craft and sell a Legendary weapon for profit. This will make good seed money for a Gen 2 weapon, or just regular weapon skins. The hard part is assessing the value of the materials invested, the break point for a Sell listing, and the short and long term demand for weapon. With LS4 coming up, weapon types for unreleased Gen 2s are highly speculative, so its probably safer to examine popularity between existing weapons and see if theres demand. In either case, you can make a weapon, and let the Sell listing sit for a few weeks/months..... some consistently sell better then others, but the overall price of Gen 1 have been falling off since LS3.

You could also offer the gift up for sale to a guildie to craft a weapon on their behalf, for liquid gold or in exchange for rare materials you might want. Its more complicated to organize, but (presuming you can trust the guildie) it can side step the TP Tax to get more valuable things you'd rather have. I know some guilds do Lotteries with legendary weapons as prizes.... So if you're friendly with one that does, they might be willing to buy the gift off you to get the finished weapon in return.

@haventr.1630 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Shield seems a good option and Flameseeker is one of the best skins from the first gen set

Yea it's a nice skin, but doesn't only chronomancer use shield out of these specs? I'm looking for the skin that is used the most out of all of these classes so that my investment feels worth it(like it was with bolt).

Berserker and either Guardian spec could use it

Frostfang is another for firebrand, renegade, berserker, ranger. Ive seen some near ice themes before.

Rodgort should not be discounted either since it has use in a few of those and is quick and cheap to make the precursor

Is a Gen 1 legendary the only option? Personally, I would hold out until these new upcoming weapons being added in LWS 4 (only about 12 days away now) to see if anything catches your attention. Map complete of HoT can be done in about a day or two of decent play and if you have the other mats required to make a gen 1, a gen 2 would not be too far out of the ballpark.

Heck, a good HP train through all the HoT maps will net you near 50% completion of the first three maps.

@Butch.4957 said:Is a Gen 1 legendary the only option? Personally, I would hold out until these new upcoming weapons being added in LWS 4 (only about 12 days away now) to see if anything catches your attention. Map complete of HoT can be done in about a day or two of decent play and if you have the other mats required to make a gen 1, a gen 2 would not be too far out of the ballpark.

Heck, a good HP train through all the HoT maps will net you near 50% completion of the first three maps.

Gen 2 uses Gift of Magumma, which is obtained by collecting 4 map complete items from Heart of Thorns maps, and combining them in the Mystic Forge. It directly replaces Gift of Mastery, and shuffles around some of the items used to make it into other gifts.

Archived