New TIMELINE Feature

Furious.2867

@Ara.4569 said:I haven't played since the patch so I wonder: Are the skulls kills (of opponents) or (own) deaths ? Intuitively I would say deaths. But seeing how blue team won with a lot of skulls on their way, it might be kills.

skulls on the red line are a kill of a blue player.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Loboling.5293 said:It needs a legend.

It already has one.

y-axis is points, x-axis is time

Graphics are hard for some people.

I realize words are hard for some people, but no the timeline feature does not have a legend. Tell me what all the symbols on the graph mean?

Here's the definition: Concise explanation of the symbols used in a chart, diagram, drawing, map, table, etc. A legend is usually conspicuously displayed in a tabular form.

So no, there is no legend, and at present all this tells you is the score over time. Amazing feature, considering the timeline is full of symbols that do nothing when you hover over them.

Before you sound like a condescending fool, try a quick google search. But google is hard for some people....

Anyway, I still think this feature would be more interesting with a legend.

@Furious.2867 said:I'm guessing:

• The skeleton icons are kills
  • the other gray icons are capture points.
  • X coordinate - time
  • Y coordinate - score
  • And on this map specifically, the yellow icons are beast kills.

Yup. I found this very apparent as well. For non pvp players I can see a legend helping though

Here's a little bullet point list for those continuing to condescend to someone's valid point:

• Just because we know right now, off the top of our heads, what all the little icons might mean doesn't, by any stretch, mean that someone else would also know
  • This is just another layer to GW2's horrendous problem of esoteric information (there is nothing intuitive about reading that graph unless you've played the guts out of pvp just like there is nothing intuitive about playing GW2 for the first time and dying to a necro, meaner, or thief in under 3 seconds)
  • Not only is there no legend for the icons themselves, but there is no player-by-player breakdown as to who contributed to the icon moments for each team respectively (pretty important information)
  • They only added this feature in now when it was a thing forever in GW1. Top joke.

The whole timeline system is mostly just more wasted resources/time given how little it does for anybody.

Archived