PVE - Enemigs with boons (POF)

Unfortunately we don't have much info regarding enemies in pve, and the boon punishment gameplay seems entirely geared towards PvP and WvW (the spellbreaker elite pretty much says everything about it, there isn't a single pve enemy, or group of enemies, in the game that would make winds of disenchantment worth using, and that's including the projectile block). It's a very unfortunate reality (as someone who is looking forward to playing as spellbreaker and scourge and has had their mesmer severely limited in scope because core mesmer boon punishment is useless, naturally I love healing and support, so i found something else fun to play), so we'll see. it's a plea that the community needs to make as a whole to rebalance enemies so that they can have boons that we can punish, which opens up massive amounts of builds to PvE from being pvp and wvw exclusive.

It may be a daunting task to do that though.

@Chadramar.8156 said:Yes, I seriously question the point of elites that are "meant" for only PvP. Slapping more boons on enemies could be interesting, but at the same time could lead to problems for people who can't remove/steal/corrupt them so you'd probably have to reduce their damage accordingly.

I disagree with you. If the enemies have boons they will be more interesting to kill because at the moment in the open PVE you can kill everything with your Aa while you are having lunch.

We are missing too many mechanics in PvE in general. Very few enemies get downed, use conditions, control or support.

As players get to higher level areas they should start meeting enemies that use these mechanics more often. And I don't mean just the occasional dredge dinging the gong.

There's also some places where enemies get unremovable versions of boons. Krait specially like to do that giving each other might and fury you can't remove. Those should be replaced with them spamming the removable versions of those boons instead.

One can understand not having to finish countless enemies when enemies come in waves, but at least when they are roaming or in 'single boss' events, veterans should get downed once in a while, and elites, champions and legendary enemies should always go downed. The knockdown animation could be used if they do not have a downed one. And of course there has to be at least a few support enemies that try to revive the downed ones.

Archived