hoping this is a joke

trueanimus.4085

Condi Scourge has 0 Burst damage now... Nada.. None? NO BURST on ANY skill activation?? F2 F3 F4 NO BURST at all physical or otherwise?? F5 says 17x 1600 or something and hits for 200????????????????????????? I really hope this is a joke.. or a bug.. They said they were reducing stacks.. which i can handle.. but no bust AT ALL has to be a bug... or a stealth nerf??

Anyone else seeing this???????????

@"trueanimus.4085" said:Condi Scourge has 0 Burst damage now... Nada.. None? NO BURST on ANY skill activation?? F2 F3 F4 NO BURST at all physical or otherwise?? F5 says 17x 1600 or something and hits for 200????????????????????????? I really hope this is a joke.. or a bug.. They said they were reducing stacks.. which i can handle.. but no bust AT ALL has to be a bug... or a stealth nerf??

They said they where removing the burst factor of conditions in favor of a, "Ramp up", style of play instead, that's why you see that the skills that got changed, have less amount of stacks but they hast for 2x or longer in duration.

Now instead of only depending on condition damage to get your kills, condition builds will now have to make use of perhaps the power stat to improve their overall damage-over-time skills/spells.

NOPE... they nerfed the on skill activation ALSO.. which was NOT in the patch notes... I hoping that this is a bug maybe... On siege for example.. on skill activation last night i was getting a few good hits when i would activate skills.. 1200 here.. 3000 there.. now there is NO physical damage at ALL from any skills.... even marks do NOT pop any damage at all now... some skills even showing im doing 35 damage (and im full trailblazer condi tank btw) Ticks are fine it seems.. lower than usual.. which i was expecting.. but come on.. NO DAMAGE ON ANY SKILL ACTIVATION at ALL???? has to be a bug.. was NOT in patch notes.

@Odokuro.5049 said:

@"trueanimus.4085" said:Condi Scourge has 0 Burst damage now... Nada.. None? NO BURST on ANY skill activation?? F2 F3 F4 NO BURST at all physical or otherwise?? F5 says 17x 1600 or something and hits for 200????????????????????????? I really hope this is a joke.. or a bug.. They said they were reducing stacks.. which i can handle.. but no bust AT ALL has to be a bug... or a stealth nerf??

They said they where removing the burst factor of conditions in favor of a, "Ramp up", style of play instead, that's why you see that the skills that got changed, have less amount of stacks but they hast for 2x or longer in duration.

Now instead of only depending on condition damage to get your kills, condition builds will now have to make use of perhaps the power stat to improve their overall damage-over-time skills/spells.

0 damage on skill activation means 0 damage.. nothing is doing damage on pop though.. not even marks

skill activation still says they do initial damage on activation though.. a very small amount of burst (almost the same as before) but they do NOT have any.... 0 on pop... This was NOT in the patch notes... is this a stealth nerf or intended.. when they say they do damage... you know.. they should do damage.. The "Burst" they were aiming for was the NUMBER of stacks.. not the damage ON SKILL ACTIVATION.

@"trueanimus.4085" said:skill activation still says they do initial damage on activation though.. a very small amount of burst (almost the same as before) but they do NOT have any.... 0 on pop... This was NOT in the patch notes... is this a stealth nerf or intended.. when they say they do damage... you know.. they should do damage.. The "Burst" they were aiming for was the NUMBER of stacks.. not the damage ON SKILL ACTIVATION.

oh well certainly that shouldn't be the case but before we start calling it a nerf you should report it with a but possibly capture some video that would be the quickest way to get a devs reply to this.Also post it in a way that wont be instantly ignored by them.

@"ZDragon.3046" said:you do realize that was kind of the point of the patch was to remove condi burst. if you want burst go power condi should have never been a bomb bursting tool to start with. IT should have some dps effect right away yes but not out performing power burst by a mile.

Issue being scourge lacks the defenses of regular necromancer, so this whole "ramp up damage" doesn't work when you will be long dead from not having death shroud while still having no vigor, blocks, immunities, and necro heals are still garbage.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@"ZDragon.3046" said:you do realize that was kind of the point of the patch was to remove condi burst. if you want burst go power condi should have never been a bomb bursting tool to start with. IT should have some dps effect right away yes but not out performing power burst by a mile.

Issue being scourge lacks the defenses of regular necromancer, so this whole "ramp up damage" doesn't work when you will be long dead from not having death shroud while still having no vigor, blocks, immunities, and necro heals are still garbage.

Barrier has gotten some pretty strong changes you might need to start running more barrier skills and test that out aswell. We all know scourge is very conflicted right now and has many issues that still have yet to be addressed sense its hot fix months ago.

But no you wont have instant melting conditions back as no professions conditions should work that way it makes power builds look a joke which is why they are being toned down.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:you do realize that was kind of the point of the patch was to remove condi burst. if you want burst go power condi should have never been a bomb bursting tool to start with. IT should have some dps effect right away yes but not out performing power burst by a mile.

Barrier has gotten some pretty strong changes you might need to start running more barrier skills and test that out aswell. We all know scourge is very conflicted right now and has many issues that still have yet to be addressed sense its hot fix months ago.

But no you wont have instant melting conditions back as no professions conditions should work that way it makes power builds look a joke which is why they are being toned down.

Those are not strong changes. The occasional 3-4k barrier is essentially one autoattack worth of damage. It's way worse than regular shroud.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:you do realize that was kind of the point of the patch was to remove condi burst. if you want burst go power condi should have never been a bomb bursting tool to start with. IT should have some dps effect right away yes but not out performing power burst by a mile.

Those are not strong changes. The occasional 3-4k barrier is essentially one autoattack worth of damage. It's way worse than regular shroud.

Then use regular shroud..... the point is you wont have that insta melting condition damage back that bs was cancer no matter which profession you look at thats not how condi damage is suppose to work. The dps is suppose to ramp up to a intense high that outshines power at its peek not be smashed on in 2 -3 buttons and gg. Sure it was fun for you maybe but not for others. IT also leads to the problem of everyone using the same thing and we all know anet seem to be about build diversity. So you have some options.Report the issue you see as a bug and hope it gets resolved.Play reaper or core necro for normal shroud letting you do condi from a safer standpointPlay another profession in general.Play power builds under core or reaper :U

yea condi burst across the board is super reduced. But for long fights such as in raids, condi on certain fights got a huge buff. With 100% duration condi's last so long now that the overall damage is increased for condi builds.As for pvp, yea condi got a heavy nerf, time for the power builds to come back into vogue.

You are missing the point completely guys... they took ALL OUR BURST... even though they all still say they do damage on activation... Marks for example.. some should do around 800 when you walk into them.. initial damage.. i checked the logs and watched .. they are doing NOTHING... no damage at all.. just the tick from the mark (bleeding etc) we are missing ALL our burst... not just the amount of stacks like they said, and those are doing approx 1/2 to 1/3 of what they used to do. Watching someone run around in a circle hitting you for 20k while you get 3 ticks of 300 on them wasnt what they were aiming for... i hope

@trueanimus.4085 said:You are missing the point completely guys... they took ALL OUR BURST... even though they all still say they do damage on activation... Marks for example.. some should do around 800 when you walk into them.. initial damage.. i checked the logs and watched .. they are doing NOTHING... no damage at all.. just the tick from the mark (bleeding etc) we are missing ALL our burst... not just the amount of stacks like they said, and those are doing approx 1/2 to 1/3 of what they used to do. Watching someone run around in a circle hitting you for 20k while you get 3 ticks of 300 on them wasnt what they were aiming for... i hope

cant confirm your complains.staff 4 on a full cele scourge still crits for 4k in wvw... on every f skill i use it procs some power dmg.the only thing i noticed is desert shroud - it did crit for about 5k (added up ofc) on full cele. and does now 2.5ish k

(also my power reaper/holosmith does significantly less dmg on the testgolem... and i can't see why. see discussion in the necro-part)

We might see Condi mirage back in PvP cuz of the confusion buffs.

Seen tons of support firebrands out in PvP now and without the Condi burst they are very very hard to kill. Might be back to bunker meta for a lot of builds.

On the other hand, power ranger got some buffs. Yay I'm going to die from range even more.

Archived