Thank You Anet - for the WvW Obsidian Weapons.

STIHL.2489

Ok.. First off, I was to say.. at the start I didn't quite get it, they looked like coal, and the flame effect cemented that for me at the start.

But as I looked them over, I had give credit for this, they looked like a hand chipped Obsidian weapon, with all the nips an marks and breaks. amazing work by the Art as always.

In a way I am glad they are not just huge comical weapons that look like they were magically made of glass, they look like what a hand chipped weapon would look like. Really, nice touch of realism to whole situation regarding weapons in the game.

I can't wait for you to finish the set.. as the weapons I want (Axe, Great Sword, Hammer) are not out yet, and I only have 700 ish tickets.. so.. at best I will get 2.. but as I see it.. it will be well spent to get at least one of these weapons.

The work in these new weapons really shows that attention to detail and excellence you strive for.

I personally love how they are colored for the team you are on, that was such a wonderful touch and perhaps (I Hope) a predecessor for all Future WvW weapons and armor?

i like the look of the chunks of obsidian in these pieces. i like the glowing color effect reflecting your team. it's obvious a good amount of work and a lot of attention to detail went into making these... however.. i don't really like how comically oversized they appear. the huge teeth/serrations/whatever they ares on some of the pieces accentuates this impression. i wish they were just a little more understated.i am, however, looking forward to seeing what more pieces in this set look like.

I was thinking that obsidian weapons should be less tickets and more obsidian shards especially when i destroy my obsidian shards at the point where I'm nearing 100 stacks of them. Or maybe a choice between what it costs now to establish a means to establish a sink for getting rid of them creating more storage space at the same time. However the only one I liked was the dagger.

@Klypto.1703 said:I was thinking that obsidian weapons should be less tickets and more obsidian shards especially when i destroy my obsidian shards at the point where I'm nearing 100 stacks of them. Or maybe a choice between what it costs now to establish a means to establish a sink for getting rid of them creating more storage space at the same time. However the only one I liked was the dagger.

That is a pretty good idea to have a Shard cost.. it would make sense.

Archived