Weekly Play On Live [12/20/2017] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Weekly Play On Live [12/20/2017]

This is our last play on live for the year. What game got you into gaming? I had played games for a long time before I played Shadowrun for the Sega Genesis. This game opened my eyes to what games could be and I haven't looked back since. Reply with your gate way game and what world you play on and we'll hop on the first world. Even if someone already answered I'd love to hear your stories anyway.

Recent Winners! (sorry can't win again if on this list)
Ring of Fire
Sea of Sorrows
Blackgate
Tarnished Coast

Tagged:

Comments

• Wizard 101. Gate of Madness server.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Raiders of the lost ark: Atari. BG so we can't win.

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

Linage II was my first MMO, if I win please play on Drakkar lake, so that I can play against you,

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

Dig Dug from Coleco. Wasn't my first but was the start of the addiction.

Devona's Rest/Fort Aspenwood.

Fàther (TK)
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• I forgot to mention the time though it has not changed. 6:30PM GMT

• ThomasC.1056ThomasC.1056 Member ✭✭✭

Prince of Persia, PC. Augury Rock

Look at that—you broke Scruffy's sarcasm meters. ~ Taimi.

• Winner was Gate of Madness.> @Mysteriax.6049 said:

Wizard 101. Gate of Madness server.

Winner! We'll see you in a few.

• @Raymond Lukes.6305 said:
    Winner was Gate of Madness.> @Mysteriax.6049 said:

Winner! We'll see you in a few.

Wonderful! We have one tag in EBG currently besides me. I'll be tagging down soon but should be back later. GoM and NSP are excited to play with you today!

• Arlette.9684Arlette.9684 Member ✭✭✭✭

First time I spot this, do you stream said weekly play on live on twitch or somehwere else?

Vae Victus!
    [Hcm] Promotraitor

• Roxanne.6140Roxanne.6140 Member ✭✭✭

Bubble bobble. kitten my age is showing ain't it. Also pls don't go on my server I'm afraid u might not see anyone rofl

• OG Pong console with the slider controllers. Followed by Atari 2600, Odyssey2, ColecoVision, Commodore 64, and NES. Good lord, I feel old.

But if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

family computer - battle city. =)
    pc - indiana jones
    pc - doom
    pc - star craft
    ps - tekken, tomb raider, final fantasy, xenogears
    ps 2 - tekken,
    ps 3 - tekken
    ps 4 - tekken
    pc - d3, gw2, sc2, wc 1 2 3, wow, pw, swtor, sotis, hots, lol, eso, desti2, over watch

now gw2 and clash of clans. =p

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• I can't believe nobody mentioned pong. :(

@SugarCayne.3098 said:
    I can't believe nobody mentioned pong. :(

@Optimator.3589 said:
    OG Pong console with the slider controllers. Followed by Atari 2600, Odyssey2, ColecoVision, Commodore 64, and NES. Good lord, I feel old.

Pay attention. :angry:

:blush:

• @Strider Pj.2193 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@Optimator.3589 said:
    OG Pong console with the slider controllers. Followed by Atari 2600, Odyssey2, ColecoVision, Commodore 64, and NES. Good lord, I feel old.

Oy, grouchy. I haven't had enough coffee yet apparently.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@Optimator.3589 said:

Lol. Had two 20oz cups already. Catch up.

:smile:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@Optimator.3589 said:

Plus, I am grouchy that my parents wouldn't buy us pong... I could only play it at my cousins..

Atari 2600 was my first console. So yeah... bitter.

:smirk:

• Commander Keen....MS-DOS :)

• mulzi.8273mulzi.8273 Member ✭✭✭

DikuMud .. muuahaha

• @mulzi.8273 said:
    DikuMud .. muuahaha

Awesome a fellow MUDder! I was kind of late to the MUD scene but they have a special place in my heart. A buddy of mine and I are always pitching MUD ideas to each other but we're always to busy to make anything happen.

• Manic Miner then Bards tale/Bloodwych sucked me into the word of +5 sword of killstuff in the 80's :)

"Any path that narrows future possibilities may become a lethal trap. Humans do not thread their way through a maze; they scan a vast horizon filled with unique opportunities." - The Spacing Guild Handbook.

Beware the meta!

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

Really nobody said Super Mario? I don't understand this world anymore...

BG

• I always thought AVGN did a great job describing my childhood. The famous catalogs from JC Pennies and Sears seeing all the cool games with ridiculous ads like you're actually fighting a dragon while welding an NES controller.....bring back the 80s :( Great xmas episode below

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭

@Mysteriax.6049 said:

Doubtless J Todd Coleman would approve.

Necro. Never knowingly blasting combo fields since 2012.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here...

• @Raymond Lukes.6305 said:

@mulzi.8273 said:
    DikuMud .. muuahaha

Awesome a fellow MUDder! I was kind of late to the MUD scene but they have a special place in my heart. A buddy of mine and I are always pitching MUD ideas to each other but we're always to busy to make anything happen.

Late?

Ouch.

Stop making me feel old Raymond.

Love,

Mom

• Roxanne.6140Roxanne.6140 Member ✭✭✭

@RodOfDeath.5247 said:
    Commander Keen....MS-DOS :)

Aw yea!! Commander keen, my bro's game. I watched him play it all the time. XD

No doomsters around? O.o

Spider demon ?

• Egorum.9506Egorum.9506 Member ✭✭✭✭

Baldur's gate 2, flyff. Good kitten.

• I had a good solid 10 years in Runescape.
    It was a lot more guild friendly with massive variety of things to do together.

Friend convinced me to try GW 2. Never looked back since.

A Hermit's Tale - To The Edge of the Mists [Link Here]

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

Fort Aspenwood,
    Ranger, Necromancer.

• joneirikb.7506joneirikb.7506 Member ✭✭✭✭

One Must Fall 2097, is the game that made me a dedicated gamer. Though I started with an Amiga 500 playing Moonstone, Lotus Turbo, Lemmings etc.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
    "Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth." - J. Michael Straczynski
    "It's kind of sad how MMORPGs went from DND based sandbox games to theme park grind time sinks." -YoukiNeko.6047

• Odinens.5920Odinens.5920 Member ✭✭✭

@Raymond Lukes.6305 said:
    This is our last play on live for the year. What game got you into gaming? I had played games for a long time before I played Shadowrun for the Sega Genesis. This game opened my eyes to what games could be and I haven't looked back since. Reply with your gate way game and what world you play on and we'll hop on the first world. Even if someone already answered I'd love to hear your stories anyway.

Shadowrun - one of my all time favorite games. I'm kinda sad nobody has grabbed this title and "modernized" it for current systems. As far as the 1st game I played, I really couldn't tell you, but was most likely pong for the Atari 2600 lol. I was 5 or 6 when Atari came out, so my memory is kind of shot.

• We were too poor to afford the Atari's, but I did finally get a Nintendo and can fondly remember staring at the wall of game "cards" at Toys R Us. I say "cards", because you had to pull the little cards out of the plastic sleeves and bring them to the "special room" at the front of the store where they would sell you the actual game.

But honestly, the games that truly got me into (video) gaming were pen and paper RPG's AND the SSI Advanced Dungeons and Dragons computer games.

• Byron.1902Byron.1902 Member
    edited December 22, 2017

Master of Darkness on the Sega Master System. Friend had Earthworm Jim, was super envious. Didn't get super hooked till Age of Empires 2. Feudal Rush ftw!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.