Pay for Item Shop or Grind for same Item or .... Both ??? :)

Darkzen.3980

Hi guya i have a question for all of us and for the dev team too :) so ... why isn't in game some " Ïtem Shop " with you can acquire them in game by playing too ? i mean an outfit or something not breakbreathing but shinny and nice to work for and well deserve it :) i mean we don't need all items to be like this but some of the item shop i think will work with both things like work for the item (now you can make it hard to get but still not need a new "legendary mats hunt"" for it ... hard but not painful [ i know dev team can work on if they scracth a bit theyr heads :P]) and a diamond pay to get the same item :)

i think nobady it will be a nice thing to do and also there won't be a thing like "oh but the item shop is mean so you spend RM for devs to be paying tho" , there are a lot of people who will pay the 10 E for a shinny thing from Item Shop if they don't want or feel the need or don't have time to farm the item including myself but when i have time to play more like this winters breakdowns i like to work on something with will worth my time investing by :)

a good exemple is the WARFRAME from Steam with has a relly good system were you can acquire evrey item in game by grinding the hell out of it :) sometime starts to feel boring and stupid to do it but hey you have a nice options if you want to spend RM or to grind or acquire ingame by mats .... i think is a nice thing and devs seems to have a better popularity with theyr game and theyr comunity don't maind to have choises for what they can do in theyr game .... when you have multiple choises your game start to be more atractvie and will make you work hard for something or choise other way to acquire the same outcome :)

i will like to know what you guys think about it ?:) HF

Doesn't the gold to gems conversion do exactly what you're asking for?

It means you can earn any item in the Gem Store by earning gold and converting it to gems. Yes they're expensive, but it's still possible to do it. (Or you can use gold for 1/2 the cost, or whatever amount you want and then use real money for the rest.)

i know the Change Conversion but won't be good if you can acquire the same item not by gold/diamonds but by playing the game and farm the things maybe some events or some meta whitch will drop the items needed for completed an outfit or other things ?:) ty for the responds and i want more opinions :)

It's just not the same feeling to me, earning or finding something in-game vs buying in store, even if it's with gold exchanged for gems. I often long for the days of subscriptions when everything was earnable/findable in-game. I understand the joke about a sense of accomplishment- buying items from the store provides none.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I think there already is such a system in place: it is the Gold-to-Gems exchange. Anything offered in the Gem Store can be acquired with Gems, and Gems can be acquired with Gold.

Good luck.

Except every single gold per hour method that is being published or discovered gets heavily nerfed with the exception of RIBA being the only one that has been viable for the last 3 years.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I think there already is such a system in place: it is the Gold-to-Gems exchange. Anything offered in the Gem Store can be acquired with Gems, and Gems can be acquired with Gold.

Good luck.

Except every single gold per hour method that is being published or discovered gets heavily nerfed with the exception of RIBA being the only one that has been viable for the last 3 years.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the OP's suggestion. Regardless of the rate of acquisition, one can acquire Gold and trade them for Gem for use in the Gem Store. Thus, Gem Store items are already able to be acquired solely through in-game play.

You can grind 15g/hour comfortably, you can grind 15g/hour comfortably and use your CC, you can just use only your CC and not grind any gold, or you can do none and have no gold. Either way, there are options. I use options #2, CC and gold grind combination with a limit of around $15 a month. This game is based around showing off visuals, so I see no problems at all, it's probably the most balanced B2P cash shop in history and it only works because there's a linear gear system.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Good luck.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the OP's suggestion. Regardless of the rate of acquisition, one can acquire Gold and trade them for Gem for use in the Gem Store. Thus, Gem Store items are already able to be acquired solely through in-game play.

My point is that "the grind" is becoming increasingly difficult due to ArenaNet's attitude on farming gold within the game.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

Good luck.

My point is that "the grind" is becoming increasingly difficult due to ArenaNet's attitude on farming gold within the game.

No. All material farms nerf themselves as time goes by because people oversaturate the market. Not mentioning guilds like yours exploring big farms making this process even faster. Thankfully blatant exploits like multiloot of GH got fixed faster than AB :)

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Good luck.

No. All material farms nerf themselves as time goes by because people oversaturate the market. Not mentioning guilds like yours exploring big farms making this process even faster. Thankfully blatant exploits like multiloot of GH got fixed faster than AB :)

JN3XGuw.pngI just want to throw this in here - I made a support ticket, and it was deemed not an exploit - stop trying to label people as cheaters, thanks.

Edit:Read it carefully, don't try to twist the GM's words to fit an ideology that doesn't exist, this person from support clearly states it's not an exploit.

I would like to remind you that even though they do not penalize multiloot it is, by definition, an exploit.

the use of a bug or flaw in game design to a player’s advantage or to the disadvantage of other players.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/exploit

Also on reddit AB multiloot was explained as being an exploit even though they are not going to punish for it.

BTW the response you are quoting is personal opinion of CS member, not an official statement. He uses "I think" which obviously is his personal judgement of the situation :)

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:I would like to remind you that even though they do not penalize multiloot it is, by definition, an exploit.

the use of a bug or flaw in game design to a player’s advantage or to the disadvantage of other players.

Also on reddit AB multiloot was explained as being an exploit even though they are not going to punish for it.

No, they didn't - MO said it was "Exploity" but not directly an exploit. Stop twisting the words and derailing the topic, make your own ticket, cite my ticket so they can give you confirmation of what I was told at support.

Stop trying to label people cheaters and exploiters when I have given a statement from support about it.

Unless you are suggesting that this GM is a liar.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:I would like to remind you that even though they do not penalize multiloot it is, by definition, an exploit.

No, they didn't - MO said it was "Exploity" but not directly an exploit. Stop twisting the words and derailing the topic, make your own ticket, cite my ticket so they can give you confirmation of what I was told at support.

Stop trying to label people cheaters and exploiters when I have given a statement from support about it.

GM uses word "I think" which means it's his personal judgement of the situation, not an official statement. Also in the same quote the GM warns you not to continue farming if you already think it's too good to be true. Also, GM never said it's not an exploit, he said there is no official label at the point you received the response :)

Also, I never called anyone cheater or liar. Please refrain from manipulating my posts :)

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

GM uses word "I think" which means it's his personal judgement of the situation, not an official statement. Also, I never called anyone cheater. Please refrain from manipulating my posts :)

No he didn't. Do you need help reading?

In regards to your question, >>>while this loot method has not been labeled as an official in-game exploit<<<, I definitely feel that it is not an intended mechanic and is frowned upon by a majority of the Guild Wars 2 community.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Good luck.

JN3XGuw.png

I just want to throw this in here - I made a support ticket, and it was deemed not an exploit - stop trying to label people as cheaters, thanks.

Edit:Read it carefully, don't try to twist the GM's words to fit an ideology that doesn't exist, this person from support clearly states it's not an exploit.

So, you are saying there IS a way to gain excessive loot while playing.

Another way to easily attain Gem Store items in-game through the exchange. Thanks for pointing that out for the OP. =)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Good luck.

JN3XGuw.png

I just want to throw this in here - I made a support ticket, and it was deemed not an exploit - stop trying to label people as cheaters, thanks.

So, you are saying there IS a way to gain
excessive loot
while playing.

Another way to easily attain Gem Store items in-game through the exchange. Thanks for pointing that out for the OP. =)

Look at the date of the ticket, and my comment and then retract the sarcastic remarks. Thanks :)

Archived