I REFOOSE

Magnito.6187

To play any more pvp until the matchmaking changes. Some examples:

-Condi thieves, core guardian and dh's (basically anything but firebrand, the kind that explodes on impact with a scourge),Shortbow-trap-druids (! Like whut, I know right?)-3 scourges, warrior and thief vs. 2 druids, mesmer thief and dh-"Oh heh, I don't even know what I'm doing to be honest"-me: "What's your rating?"; him:"WHAt iS raTiNG mEaNS?"-Squeezing your buttcheeks after finishing off (alone) their druid and scourge without getting decapped,noticing that in the meanwhile two of your teammates died to a condi thief.

That's what I ran with/against today, someone who reached top 250 (plat 3) previous season, trying to remain polite and keep my sanity, but in all honesty: it's hard.

Shortbow trap druids can beat Scourges, Firebrands, Spellbreakers and most meta classes with ease, also very good at killing thieves off point on route to home.Core guardian has a decent burst build and Trap DH has been destroying most Scourge / Firebrand comps when they stack together.

Sounds like you're being matched with people who didn't copy paste their build from another site that are working around the all powerful scourge / Firebrand comp.

@Razor.6392 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:-Shortbow
trap
druids can beat Scourges, Firebrands, Spellbreakers and most meta classes with ease, also very good at killing thieves
off point
on route to home.-Trap DH has been destroying most Scourge / Firebrand comps when they stack together.

What?

Maps like Nhifel, you drop your traps in the little pathway on route to your point. Hammer you drop them round the corner near the pillars. Foefire drop them in the little path on the side of mid. Temple drop them on the doorway or stairs, point is you get them and either down them or slow them down long enough for you to get back to point and finish them, theyve already lost health and used cooldowns so the fight is instantly in your favor.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

trap
druids can beat Scourges, Firebrands, Spellbreakers and most meta classes with ease, also very good at killing thieves
off point
on route to home.-Trap DH has been destroying most Scourge / Firebrand comps when they stack together.

What?

Maps like Nhifel, you drop your traps in the little pathway on route to your point. Hammer you drop them round the corner near the pillars. Foefire drop them in the little path on the side of mid. Temple drop them on the doorway or stairs, the point is you get them and either down them or slow them down long enough for you to get back to point and finish them, theyve already lost health and used cooldowns so the fight is instantly in your favor. This is assuming youve got your positioning right.

Ive watched this tactic work extremely well for brand new players. Ive watched a bronze player do this to beat platinum players.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

trap
off point

What?

Maps like Nhifel, you drop your traps in the little pathway on route to your point. Hammer you drop them round the corner near the pillars. Foefire drop them in the little path on the side of mid. Temple drop them on the doorway or stairs, point is you get them and either down them or slow them down long enough for you to get back to point and finish them, theyve already lost health and used cooldowns so the fight is instantly in your favor.

Thieves won't 1v1 you on point lol. If you land any of these on spellbreaker, druid or any point fighter, it won't matter, they'll just shrug it off. Not to mention this gimmick won't work twice.

@Razor.6392 said:

trap
off point

What?

Thieves won't 1v1 you on point lol. If you land any of these on spellbreaker, druid or any point fighter, it won't matter, they'll just shrug it off. Not to mention this gimmick won't work twice.

The traps kill the thieves or force them elsewhere because they dont fight 1v1, its abusing the psychological effect of most thief players that help you win against them. As for spellbreaker and resistance, it sucks waiting out the resistance but youll still win with some kiting...

The only class to shrug off this tactic is Mirages but every class has a counter. You should give it a shot. I can even give you a build to try if you like? It's a staff / Shortbow sage druid build. Still has team support options for mid fights but most importantly to me it has a good amount of condi cleanse and troll heal with rejuv tides is almost an instant refresh + you got stealth for repositioning and so forth.

Granted we all have different playstyles, it might still be quite effective in your hands. I'm a bit older and slower mechanically, finger issues so I'm certain a better player could make better use of the build, I mostly play it because it's not as demanding on my fingers.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

trap
off point

What?

The traps kill the thieves or force them elsewhere because they dont fight 1v1, its abusing the psychological effect of most thief players that help you win against them. As for spellbreaker and resistance, it sucks waiting out the resistance but youll still win with some kiting...

The only class to shrug off this tactic is Mirages but every class has a counter. You should give it a shot. I can even give you a build to try if you like? It's a staff / Shortbow sage druid build. Still has team support options for mid fights but most importantly to me it has a good amount of condi cleanse and troll heal with rejuv tides is almost an instant refresh + you got stealth for repositioning and so forth.

Granted we all have different playstyles, it might still be quite effective in your hands. I'm a bit older and slower mechanically, finger issues so I'm certain a better player could make better use of the build, I mostly play it because it's not as demanding on my fingers.

You're proving that those banana's I'm getting actually exist. Thanks.

@Magnito.6187 said:

trap
off point

What?

You get matched with similar skilled players, only difference is they made it without a copy paste carry me build :bleep_bloop:

Oh, and they're probably having fun while they're at it :wink:

But I do agree with some of your post about the match making lop siding some classes and specs.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

trap
off point

What?

You get matched with similar skilled players, only difference is they made it without a copy paste carry me build :bleep_bloop:

Oh, and they're probably having fun while they're at it :wink:

But I do agree with some of your post about the match making lop siding some classes and specs.

Being dead 24/7 is not what I call being similar skilled players.

@Magnito.6187 said:

@Magnito.6187 said:-3 scourges, warrior and thief vs. 2 druids, mesmer thief and dhI will assume that the team with the scourges lost since the other team has the perfect counter group according to everyone on the forum.

Heh, if only the 2 druids and dh wouldn't explode on impact with the scourges..

What's your tier?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

trap
off point

What?

Yeah.... no, warrior has insane access to resistance and firebrand can just either insta cleanse or walk like nothing happened

Ive watched this tactic work extremely well for brand new players. Ive watched a bronze player do this to beat platinum players.

Not gonna say this is impossible but most likely not gonna work twice, its like the old full traps DH droping everything on home point to kill any decaper, that didnt stick or was used on high elo either for a reason

Spoiler AlertIt doesn't work.

@Anklot.3274 said:

trap
off point

What?

Yeah.... no, warrior has insane access to resistance and firebrand can just either insta cleanse or walk like nothing happened

Not gonna say this is impossible but most likely not gonna work twice, its like the old full traps DH droping everything on home point to kill any decaper, that didnt stick or was used on high elo either for a reason

Spoiler Alert
It doesn't work.

It works for me against "top tier" players, which is good enough for me.

@"Ryan.9387"

The question pops up that if people complain so much about lowering the skill floor to a point that a brand new player can reach platinum, it's not all that far fetched that a new player would die to the old builds.So if Platinum or top 30-50 players aren't considered "top tier", I'd like to know who is? Top Tier players to me are OstrichEggs, Naru, Vallun but they are not as active as they once were and to be honest, Vallun carried the shit out of Naru when we last faced off (naru is good but I think he was trying a new build out that match, he's wooped me several times before).

Archived