Versatile Pet stats not versatile enough

InsaneQR.7412

There are 3 pet archetypes atm which give you vitality. Stout, supportive and versatile.

In supportive and stout pets it is atleast useful to some extend but its kinda bugging me on the versatile pets, just because it is actually not useful for more offensive builds which makes them actually less versatile as they could be.

My proposal:Vesatile pets get increased CC duration and condi duration.Supportive pets get increased outgoing healing and boon duration.

Supportive pets would get the full on support buff and versatile pets could be used in CC oriented builds, power builds and condi builds which would bump up the versatility.

I mean, boon duration is about as versatile as you get, with longer boon duration you provide more support to you an allies, you can become tankier with longer defensive booms and you can become more offensive by gaining longer duration offensive boons.

Vitality is also quite versatile since it helps you survive raw damage as well as conditions, and it’s unique active skill is a CC, which again, can be used to peel for allies, or to set up a group of enemies to kill.

It’s already versatile, I use a versatile pet in my Soulbeast so I can ramp up some might, pull them all in and murder them while they’re unable to avoid Maul.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Vesatile pets get increased CC duration and condi duration.

This would be really cool for PvE, since Soulbeast is desperately lacking in condition duration it'd be nice to have the option to increase it somehow without strange rune combos or sigils. Nice trade off to the raw condition damage and precision of the Deadly archetype too.

@Durzlla.6295 said:I mean, boon duration is about as versatile as you get, with longer boon duration you provide more support to you an allies, you can become tankier with longer defensive booms and you can become more offensive by gaining longer duration offensive boons.

Vitality is also quite versatile since it helps you survive raw damage as well as conditions, and it’s unique active skill is a CC, which again, can be used to peel for allies, or to set up a group of enemies to kill.

It’s already versatile, I use a versatile pet in my Soulbeast so I can ramp up some might, pull them all in and murder them while they’re unable to avoid Maul.

Versatility per definition means: Applicaple in various scenarios/in verious ways.As i see it it is broadly inferior to several other pet options in many ways. What makes it useful is the F3 but not the stats. Its actually the major drawback IMO and many choose other pet archetypes just because they have the better overall use.It can be utilized with power builds but are out dmg by ferocious pets by far. Can be used for support but supportive pets are just way better.I actually find more use if a supportive pet in a glassy build because it has resistance and increased healing for all regen, heal ticks in any way which bumps up the survivability by a long shot.

Solution is to make some good pets considered as "Versatile ", Smokescale and rock gazelle should be versatile(rock gazelle could be stout as well). Smokescalre as Versatile makes prefect sense, it's well rounded with defensive stats , got the best utility F2, got might stacking ability which goes well with the boon duration bonus.

After they will fix and balance soulbeast I will be happy if they will take Smokescale rock gazelle from the furious arch-type. Both pets shouldn't be there thematically and it will also create much more build diversity.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:I mean, boon duration is about as versatile as you get, with longer boon duration you provide more support to you an allies, you can become tankier with longer defensive booms and you can become more offensive by gaining longer duration offensive boons.

Versatility per definition means: Applicaple in various scenarios/in verious ways.As i see it it is broadly inferior to several other pet options in many ways. What makes it useful is the F3 but not the stats. Its actually the major drawback IMO and many choose other pet archetypes just because they have the better overall use.It can be utilized with power builds but are out dmg by ferocious pets by far. Can be used for support but supportive pets are just way better.I actually find more use if a supportive pet in a glassy build because it has resistance and increased healing for all regen, heal ticks in any way which bumps up the survivability by a long shot.

The point of the versatile pets is to be VERSATILE, as in to be able to perform multiple functions, which boon duration does. It gives you longer lasting booms which are good in ALL builds whether it’s support, condi, power, or even something tanky.

Your argument of “But ferocious is better in power builds” is completely moot. A ferocious pet SHOULD be better for a build trying to hit you as hard as possible.

Booms literally amplify any aspect you’re going for, and Soulbeast have access to them all.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

The point of the versatile pets is to be VERSATILE, as in to be able to perform multiple functions, which boon duration does. It gives you longer lasting booms which are good in ALL builds whether it’s support, condi, power, or even something tanky.

Your argument of “But ferocious is better in power builds” is completely moot. A ferocious pet SHOULD be better for a build trying to hit you as hard as possible.

Booms literally amplify any aspect you’re going for, and Soulbeast have access to them all.

My whole point is that the versatility comes to no use. Its usable in niche builds, which doesnt makes it versatile. Versatility should be that it can be used effectively in many builds to some extend. Higher CC duration would give soulbeast a nice buff because if the lack of CC in pve cobtent and the condi duration would be a second hand for condi builds.Boon duration would fit perfectly a supportive archetype and wouldnt be lost.

@"LughLongArm.5460" said:Solution is to make some good pets considered as "Versatile ", Smokescale and rock gazelle should be versatile(rock gazelle could be stout as well). Smokescalre as Versatile makes prefect sense, it's well rounded with defensive stats , got the best utility F2, got might stacking ability which goes well with the boon duration bonus.

After they will fix and balance soulbeast I will be happy if they will take Smokescale rock gazelle from the furious arch-type. Both pets shouldn't be there thematically and it will also create much more build diversity.

100% No! Both pets have a gap closer and KD/daze which allow the landing of worldly impact

-First you should massively buff other pets so that: can hit moving targets, do good/great dmg and don't explode on impact with any aoe-Reduce the cast time of wordly impact to 1/2s or none at all

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"LughLongArm.5460" said:Solution is to make some good pets considered as "Versatile ", Smokescale and rock gazelle should be versatile(rock gazelle could be stout as well). Smokescalre as Versatile makes prefect sense, it's well rounded with defensive stats , got the best utility F2, got might stacking ability which goes well with the boon duration bonus.

100% No! Both pets have a gap closer and KD/daze which allow the landing of worldly impact

-First you should massively buff other pets so that: can hit moving targets, do good/great dmg and don't explode on impact with any aoe-Reduce the cast time of wordly impact to 1/2s or none at all

I did say, "After they will fix and balance soulbeast"...

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

My whole point is that the versatility comes to no use. Its usable in niche builds, which doesnt makes it versatile. Versatility should be that it can be used effectively in many builds to some extend. Higher CC duration would give soulbeast a nice buff because if the lack of CC in pve cobtent and the condi duration would be a second hand for condi builds.Boon duration would fit perfectly a supportive archetype and wouldnt be lost.

I get the point you’re making, and gotta say condi duration + CC duration would be great, but I feel like versatility pets would very quickly go from never used to used by literally everyone with that change.

Granted, that’d kinda fit with the name and what you’re going for, but I don’t think it should be CC duration, I’d argue to, if anything, swap the vitality with condi duration.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

I get the point you’re making, and gotta say condi duration + CC duration would be great, but I feel like versatility pets would very quickly go from never used to used by literally everyone with that change.

Granted, that’d kinda fit with the name and what you’re going for, but I don’t think it should be CC duration, I’d argue to, if anything, swap the vitality with condi duration.

Well thats a compromise i still would like to see.Condi duration still would affect soft CC so it still could be used for power builds against cripple foes etc. And of course a no brainer as a second condi pet.CC duration itself sounds powerful but in the end it depends on the number. Problem there is to hit the fine line so it isnt useless nor OP.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Problem there is to hit the fine line so it isnt useless nor OP.

If they were to take your suggestion, the stats might end up being: Versatile (+25% CC duration / +100 Expertise) and Supportive (+25% Healing / +100 Concentration). Considering no Versatile pet offers beast skills that daze or stun, and if the Moment of Clarity bug persists where CC duration is capped at 50% when taken, then it would hit that fine line of not useless nor OP.

Supportive with healing and boon duration would be an obvious buff, and no one in the right mind should expect to keep +225 concentration with +25% healing. It would most likely be reduced to +100 to keep it in line with other stat increases of other archetypes and possibly the resistance duration of Spiritual Reprieve reduced from 3s to 2.5s or even 2s with the addition of concentration - even though it's a 6.667% increase - 'cause, ya know... balance.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:Problem there is to hit the fine line so it isnt useless nor OP.

If they were to take your suggestion, the stats might end up being: Versatile (+25% CC duration / +100 Expertise) and Supportive (+25% Healing / +100 Concentration). Considering no Versatile pet offers beast skills that daze or stun, and if the Moment of Clarity bug persists where CC duration is capped at 50% when taken, then it would hit that fine line of not useless nor OP.

Supportive with healing and boon duration would be an obvious buff, and no one in the right mind should expect to keep +225 concentration with +25% healing. It would most likely be reduced to +100 to keep it in line with other stat increases of other archetypes and possibly the resistance duration of Spiritual Reprieve reduced from 3s to 2.5s or even 2s with the addition of concentration - even though it's a 6.667% increase - 'cause, ya know... balance.

Yeah i know balance. They could reduce tge healing effectiveness from 25 to 20% and give 200 concentration (this should be arround 12% i hope) in PvP tgey still could solit it if neccessary.

• Versatile could keep the Boon Duration bonus and have its vitality changed to Condition Duration
  • Supportive could stay as it is or replace vitality to -25% incoming condition duration? Seems vitality is to add some survivability to the player, lower condition duration would definitely add survivability in this condi era

Boon and Condi duration is a prettty versatile mix, remember its not just about damaging conditions but also debilitating conditions (Cripple, Slow, Weakness, Blind, Vulnerability, Immobilise etc)

Condi duration would synergise with Prelude Lash itself

@ProtoMarcus.7649 said:

• Versatile could keep the Boon Duration bonus and have its vitality changed to Condition Duration
  • Supportive could stay as it is or replace vitality to -25% incoming condition duration? Seems vitality is to add some survivability to the player, lower condition duration would definitely add survivability in this condi era

Boon and Condi duration is a prettty versatile mix, remember its not just about damaging conditions but also debilitating conditions (Cripple, Slow, Weakness, Blind, Vulnerability, Immobilise etc)

Condi duration would synergise with Prelude Lash itself

Mainly why i started this thread. Condition duration isnt very prominent with soulbeast and no pet archetype covered it.

The reduce condi duration on supportive pets sounds good but it would break stuff, ranger could stack over 100% less condi duration, which would make it basically immune to conditions.

Archived