So.... do you guys think maybe its time for a "Balance Team" AMA?

Devilman.1532

Maybe just maybe? Considering here, Reddit, in game and anywhere else PvP in this game is overwhelming seen as in a terrible place. People are very angry and rightly so. You have ignored the two most important problems for far too long.

a) Total lack of class balancing and what little is done makes no sense whatsoever and is totally counter to what your customers want.b) The abysmal amount of cheating, match manipulation and such and what you are doing or are going to do about it.

There have been a lot of excuses for a very long time but no real results. Now I know you are planning a "balance patch" on Feb 6. Can you maybe see why the community overwhelmingly has no faith in what you are doing and seems to think it'll be another train wreck?

Think on it.

They'll never do it. I mean no offense but they're probably afraid of revealing how little they actually know about the game, especially the meta on live servers because honestly I have a hard time believing that they play it. They are the people who kept wiping to Svanir ON HOT SPECS, 3 years after the game was released.

They walled themselves off from the community and just follow their own vision, even if it doesn't work.

God I miss Izzy.. people gave him a lot of shit back in GW1 but he really did a stellar job compared by industry standards and you can still find his comments on the GW1 wiki where he posted proposed balance changes on each skill's talk page and asked for feedback.

The current team gives me the impression that they think they are ascended beings of balance who don't want to interact with us lowly creatures because they know everything better so why bother.

@bLind.6278 said:I don't think they have any interest in sPvP balance whatsoever. The fact that condi has been in the state it's in for over two years now proves it.

Anet can not do PvP balance, period. Stop having faith in them.

Aww man, spvp is the only thing I really like... Kinda sad they don't focus on PVP as much as they should. Currently it feels like if you're not a holosmith or a mirage or at the very least a scourge there`s no point in joining a match...

Not gonna happen. I honestly can't understand this disconnect from them and the community. Sure we talk A LOT of trash, but why? Because our feedback is always ignored, the balancing is always terrible, and the patches are always late.

I'm sure if they sat to talk, just like the WvW devs recently did (announcing a massive revamp), we could have a productive conversation but no. Instead it's all radio silence.

One can dream though, of a game where every class has at least 2 viable builds, spamming is not encouraged, and careful skill usage / planning wins games.

Archived