Make necro an actual decent/good healer?!

Nimon.7840

Well i know this wont happen. But what if... we were actually good healers. That would really spice things up. Cause right now. Groups still just run double druid.

That might change with tomorrows balance patch. Maybe we get to play dps firebrand with firebrand rune to get quickness + renegade healer to get the alacrity. And for the other group use one chrono. As tank and druid healer for party might. So you get another dps spot with the firebrand.

But for my suggestion.Lets remove this %revive on necro traits. And make things like transfusion skale better or give it more flat healing.

Cause in high end pve, if you need the revive all the time, you failed at boss mechanics or you failed as a healer. Which both is pretty bad.

Or we need way more lf generation, so we can spamm our abilities even more. But that wont be good for pvp modes.

So id make another suggestion. Rework sand savant trait. Remove the big shade from the game. That would really help in wvw.Instead make this trait buff barrier. Like: if you have some barrier left after these 5 seconds of barrier, heal for 20% of the left over barrier amount.

Or we could make them do reliable damage have selfish sustain so that they can compete with other classes use of invuln, block, and self healing and let professions like druid, tempest, perform the healing as they will always be better at doing it. I dont know why they wanted to make necro any kind of support to be honest its not a very altruistic profession and it shouldn't be outside of maybe cleansing condis from allies or performing offensive support via boon corrupt etc.

@Nimon.7840 said:Well i know this wont happen. But what if... we were actually good healers. That would really spice things up. Cause right now. Groups still just run double druid.

That might change with tomorrows balance patch. Maybe we get to play dps firebrand with firebrand rune to get quickness + renegade healer to get the alacrity. And for the other group use one chrono. As tank and druid healer for party might. So you get another dps spot with the firebrand.

But for my suggestion.Lets remove this %revive on necro traits. And make things like transfusion skale better or give it more flat healing.

Cause in high end pve, if you need the revive all the time, you failed at boss mechanics or you failed as a healer. Which both is pretty bad.

Or we need way more lf generation, so we can spamm our abilities even more. But that wont be good for pvp modes.

So id make another suggestion. Rework sand savant trait. Remove the big shade from the game. That would really help in wvw.Instead make this trait buff barrier. Like: if you have some barrier left after these 5 seconds of barrier, heal for 20% of the left over barrier amount.

How about we start with ... how Necros would heal in the first place. It seems to me that a 'death' themed class is likely the least obvious in terms of a healing class concept ... BUT, most obvious for how to deal with downed or dead players. What's more likely is focus on the various health transfer capabilities and death raising/reviving skills we already have, which you point out, are pretty ineffective or specialized to failing at healing. Honestly, I would be more interested in expanding Necro's 'healing' role in the area of supporting second class, passive or non-optimized healers; a more likely proposal. This would allow those classes to not have to max out their healing capability while providing a higher damage contribution; the trade off is a guaranteed Necro team slot with a specific build to compensate for lack of optimal healer. That would make Necro's a very sought after class IMO.

Necro does not necessarily need to be a good healer. Some other group utilities will also work. My own preference would be to leave healing as a minor support and add other, non-selfish traits that improve dps, condi management, and defense for group members. Healing can be redundant and is "holy trinity" thinking but there are other ways to support groups. Necromancers should never have been "selfish."

I remember when they had a gm trait that allowed life blast to heal ppl it passed thru. 5 person limit, up to 1k something per blast. it was pretty cool until a couple months later they destroyed it. sucked cuz I grinded gear for it and everything lol. the hype was real! anyway something along those lines would be cool. maybe something like everytime you corrupt a boon you heal peeps near there for x amount. maybe a minor heal to allies 180 radius around you whenever you gain life force.

An aura trait for group buffing would be great. Each trait line should have one option for minor group support so stacking 3 of them makes a decent, but not OP, support spec.

That life blast heal trait was a kludge, though. It was rediculous to expect to line up two players in combat and heal them with slow projectiles.

@Swiftwynd.1685 said:Support Scourge is already one of the strongest raid healers, what you going on about lol?

It absolutely carries groups through Sloth and Matthias with its revives, burst barriers, condi removal, and sustained aoe healing.

But for good players ut isnt an option to take. Its only to carry bad players, that go down. Good ones wont

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Swiftwynd.1685 said:Support Scourge is already one of the strongest raid healers, what you going on about lol?

It absolutely carries groups through Sloth and Matthias with its revives, burst barriers, condi removal, and sustained aoe healing.

But for good players ut isnt an option to take. Its only to carry bad players, that go down. Good ones wont

Then you just use a single druid, so your point is moot.

Even decent raiders who full clear each week go down state. If your group isnt absolutely perfect enough to need only one healer, then scourge is absolutely viable.

I use it weekly when people get tired during a clear and start slacking with their attention. ; )

@"Obtena.7952" said:How about we start with ... how Necros would heal in the first place. It seems to me that a 'death' themed class is likely the least obvious in terms of a healing class concept

From the necro in-game description: "Necromancers draw on life force and use it to strengthen or heal themselves and others."

The theme is already there, it just needs buffing and adding onto. Scourge was already intended as support, while not specifically being healing. I like the whole 'black magic, witch doctor-esque' trope of healing as a necro, but it would have to work in a way that was quite distinct from more standard healers. Thematically, with that sort of healer nothing comes without a price, so similar to corruptions there could be a fair penalty for either the necro or the recipient.

The thing is, anet said that this will be a condi oriented support spec.

Right now, you have to choose between playing full condi dmg, or full support. Cause without healing power and boonduration, the support necro delivers is freakin badAnd without good amounts of power, precision, condidmg and expertise you eont do good amount of dmg.

Its not like playing firebrand, that can go full vipers with firebrand rune and have a 80-90 %uptime of quickness on the group. While still being in the first or second spot dps wise.

For that we would need stats like: power,precision,healpower,condidmg,expertise and concentration.

But there isnt a single statcombi like this. And even then we can only give 5 people our might.

And then there is the problem, that sand savant sometimes doesnt seem to work properly. While standing in your shade you should give 9 people in this range a barrier by pressing f3. But most of the times, only 5 people will actually get that barrier. BUG? Or intended to make the scourge weaker?Like the obstructed piece of crap...

@Nimon.7840 said:And then there is the problem, that sand savant sometimes doesnt seem to work properly. While standing in your shade you should give 9 people in this range a barrier by pressing f3. But most of the times, only 5 people will actually get that barrier. BUG? Or intended to make the scourge weaker?Like the obstructed piece of crap...

The F1-F5 skills all have max targets set at 3.If you trait Sand Savant, it increases max targets by 2, which gives 5 max.

--> So all our F1-F5 skills have a max no. of targets of 5.

What I'm not too sure is how does the game pick the 5 people, and do your minions count as part of the 5?

As i ralized minions dont get barrier?But you yourself count as a sandshade pillar as well. Cause nearby enemys get the dmg while standing near you without having a shade up and while pressing f2-5.So why doesnt it always give 10 people barrier. That really doesnt make sense

Archived