You messed up Tide of Times (post 9. Feb Patch)

Nero.7369

There are 2 Bugs now (after the fix of today)1.) You can't place it behind you anymore. If you select a point to the side and move forward so this is in some 90° behind you it will interrupted as well.This was really useful when fleeing from a group of opponents :/

2.) If you stand still start casting tide of times to the side, and then start moving forward before finishing the cast it doesn't go to the pointed location, but to the location your character faces (already reportet this via /bug but i could find out how to reproduce it and got a video ;P)

3̶.̶)̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶c̶d̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶m̶ ̶s̶p̶l̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶.̶̶C̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶m̶ ̶S̶p̶l̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶1̶,̶5̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶m̶m̶e̶d̶i̶a̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶T̶i̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶T̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶0̶,̶7̶5̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶e̶r̶l̶y̶.̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶y̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶m̶ ̶s̶p̶l̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶i̶m̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶;̶P̶

Yeah... I have no idea why they changed it. Its so clucky to use now. I mean I get their idea, as its a buffing skill you sometimes may want to cast it on allies and with no mob present it was hard to do it right but... Right now it feels very weird.

I'm also okay with the new groundtargeting if it works. But currently it just gets altered but not correctly testet. The patch today should fix that skill.

The groundtargeting allows us to better hit allies and gives us more control when aiming for a group enemies. Lets say you have 2 enemies one on the right one on the left, with targeting you can only it one, but now you can aim inbetween of them and hit both. Of course before you could reposition so that are not left and right but front and back and then use it ;P the only downsite is we dont have tracking anymore, and with that slow casttime it sucks a bit~~I dont care whether this is fixed or revertet^^~~

Edit: okay... im oaky with that with casttime and traveling time is increased... to hit moving people in wvw with it just sucks without tracking. Else revert and tracking please :disappointed:

@"NeroBoron.7285" said:3.) There is delay between casttime and going off cd, which kitten up using it with continum split sometimes.Casting Continum Split which lasts 1,5 sec and immediately use Tides of Time which cast time is 0,75 sec doesnt work proberly. Not sure if this is new or not but never have noticed this before. And yes i could start casting tide of times and during it use continum split, im aware ;P

This is normal behavior in the game and if it's unintended ANet hasn't noticed it since release. If the skill connects with an enemy it will immediately go on cooldown. Most skills that don't deal damage (or don't inflict something on an enemy) and are not instant cast have similar behavior. For example, Mass Invis doesn't deal damage so when you can cast it there's a very short time afterward where you can hit CS to reset it even though you have gained stealth and are using CS in stealth.

You can also use the trick with many other skills. It's actually very important for some useful combos.

Thought so, but wasn't sure. Yea I know those with 4x shatter for example. But never realised that the time gap for tide of time was that high. But if it goes immediately go on CD when hitting sth that explains a lot. I only noticed it when trying to reproduce the bug in point 2.

@Bod.8261 said:Just revert it to the previous functionality. It was absolutely fine.

This, there was zero problems with it, I dont recall seeing any complaints about it. I liked the fact you could pre cast then blink to someone and hit them with ToT -> blurred frenzy -> mirror/images -> shatter burst all in the one action. Was a different burst option to the usual distraction GS2.

• 4 weeks later...

@Hot Boy.7138 said:I think it's pretty rude for the community to all be asking the question as to why it was even changed in the first place, and to be continously ignored.

Perhaps. But when you take the time to consider that Anet rarely answers that question regardless of what forum or who asks, then it is not out of form.It’s been brought up in a post or two that if the removal of clone death traits were to make game play more active and shattering then why is keeping clones up a big part of Mirage when using infinite horizon? There’s really little difference.And then you have the removal of retaliation from our kit because we aren’t supposed to get hit. But then we have shield which promotes getting hit multiple times for phantasm summon.There’s no rhyme or reason to what they do or don’t and 95% of the time they won’t say why or why not. But there’s a reason for it, they get flamed on just about any post they make.

The issue is that anet makes haphazard changes that frequently contradict either a particular design philosophy or just a previous change in general. They are very slow to responding to broken "fixes." Personally with the debacle of confusion/torment, this obnoxious ground targeting change, and a few minor things, I feel they are just throwing things at a wall hoping it sticks with no clue as to what to do. Chrono in general now has a clunky feeling kit. Replacing quickness with alacrity on Tides of time feels awful as the previous quick burst of quickness from the tide really felt significant, even for a brief moment.

The ground targeting is a mess and places a delay on a skill that already requires proper positioning. I fail to see how the new shield phantasm offers any sort of "wow" factor considering it represents an elite spec. Even the very old change to well of precognition made the skill absolutely useless. I have moved on to druid as it seems to be the only HoT e-spec now that retained a real identity. A shame that such a unique and rare class, a time mage, has been essentially gutted.

• 3 weeks later...

I have mained Mesmer since beta and LOVE the class (but also an alt-aholic) and haven’t ever made a post about anything but the change of tides of time is absolutely TERRIBLE! Please please just push it out to your target like it used to. I spent a year making Shooshadoo for my mes and I don’t even want to play with it anymore because of so many mis-casts on that skill. So frustrating!

Archived