Developers have time ?! Nerf Engi !!!!

SpooT.3692

Dunno Anet want us delete Engi or delete game ?!From scrapper until holo they nerf engi every patch !! YES EVERY PATCHSometimes they buff stupid things no one useAnd when we got small buff , so we r good , next patch they nerfIf u see videos when POF released , Developers dunno about engi or dont care he cant explain Engi stuff/skills or anything

And next patch coming big nerf for engi holo/photon forge = delete engi

What next ............................................ ?

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:And in the meantime...power shatter mirage hasn't been touched at all.

There is a point in game history in which every professional thread outside of engineer complained about their changes, and ended it with "and in the meantime.....turret engineer hasn't been touched at all.

I think there's no "pro" feedback for the developers regarding engi (pure personal view of things here) so their changes aren't necessarily the best and maybe most of the devs don't actually play it. Currently there's little to no build diversity for engi outside Holo and that's a shame for such a versatile class.

these holo nerfs are going to be pretty damn big and without a doubt it's going to hurt them ALOT. However, Tools are going to be great to use again without a doubt i just don't know if playing holo gonna be worth it, moving to scrapper might be the next best thing overall after this patch.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

We're still working on some additions. It's taking a bit longer than we hoped, but still planning on revising the list on the forums next week.

Quick preview:Druid nerfs are changing to PvP only.Holosmith nerfs are changing to PvP only.In progress: Evaluating Thief changes.In progress: Evaluating Mesmer changes.

Additionally, we've decided not to unsplit anything for this release. After some internal conversation, we decided to keep this release more focused. However, for next balance release, we'll be evaluating our splits to see which should be made game-wide.

Good no nerf for wvw , RIP pvp

@Ardid.7203 said:

@Ardid.7203 said:True. And now all turrets except HT are totally useless. How much time the "OP turret build" existed?

Almost a year

In other words, it has been terrible on all sides. So we should expect a year of OP mirages, scourges and firebrands now?

Are you a politician? You take three word I used to answer a direct and specific questions. And dishonest claim I mean an entirely different paragraph?

I never played turret engineer because it was not actually that powerful. It had a perceived problem based on weak mind or weakly skilled players.

Personally I do not find Mirage particularly strong, much less over powered. I dspatch them rather handily in my engineer. Firebrand isn't particularly strong in and of itself, it is more that the core guardian already had too much value. It is similar with scourge. Though in one in ones or small group fight, I have found an equal footing with some of our recent condition conversation ability.

So it was never terrible then?I have the impression people suffered a lot with the OP turret build in its time, and with Scourge at least, last months. And Engie players have suffered a lot without useable turrets, bug cleaning, decent gyro pathing, reliable ranged attacks, and a lot of other things.

@"Ardid.7203" said:So it was never terrible then?I have the impression people suffered a lot with the OP turret build in its time, and with Scourge at least, last months. And Engie players have suffered a lot without useable turrets, bug cleaning, decent gyro pathing, reliable ranged attacks, and a lot of other things.

I mean you can work off of your "impression" of slices of the community. I was simply replying to questions you asked me specifically, from my perspective, based on my experience.

I mean, no one ran turrets in any tournaments, and that was back when they had them often. Personally, I thought they were more annoying than good. Do you have any opinions of your own on the matter, based on your own experience? It seems that may develop a better conversation than assuming to share what everyone else's impressions are.

Look at it objectively: it is your time to be nerfed. Every profession received the nerf hammer hard except mesmers and engineers. Can't wait for the balance patch to clean the spvp matches of the holosmiths unfairly carrying full matches. Now we have to wait for the mesmer's turn. However i feel either that most engineers will switch to bunker scrappers which is equally powerful or the nerfs won't be enough to drag in line the holo.

@emblack.3754 said:Look at it objectively: it is your time to be nerfed. Every profession received the nerf hammer hard except mesmers and engineers. Can't wait for the balance patch to clean the spvp matches of the holosmiths unfairly carrying full matches. Now we have to wait for the mesmer's turn. However i feel either that most engineers will switch to bunker scrappers which is equally powerful or the nerfs won't be enough to drag in line the holo.

Im genna be sticking with sd holo, sd setups arnt getting a nerf so it should be easier then ever to play if damage and tank is getting nerfed across the board, i do think that sd scrapper is going to be overall more versatile but shield is a pritty good weapon for fighting mesmers so i might stick with it if they bwcome the golden child for a while

@"Ardid.7203" said:True. And now all turrets except HT are totally useless. How much time the "OP turret build" existed?

1-2week month max

and to begin with it was unjustified , turrets were OP because they were used when condi meta started everyone was running Rabid for some reason, some smart few ran Carrion , some ran it but focused engi and dint kill turrets.

being objects turrets were the hard counter to Rabid as it was uncrittable and condi imune.

@emblack.3754 said:

@Zero.3871 said:anet nerf protocoll....

you are not mesmer? CHECKyou are not thief? CHECKyou are not warrior? CHECK

nerf confirmed....

Thief is getting a nerf. And a pretty big one at that: pulmonary impact is getting toned down, so basically it kills the daredevil.

1.) hmm...i am really sure i still will see perma dodge condi DD.2.) mobility and stealth didnt get nerfed since 2012. and there is no Counter to that...3.) and thief dmg is so high, that DD will continue to dominate small scale

@Zero.3871 said:

nerf confirmed....

Thief is getting a nerf. And a pretty big one at that: pulmonary impact is getting toned down, so basically it kills the daredevil.

1.) hmm...i am really sure i still will see perma dodge condi DD.2.) mobility and stealth didnt get nerfed since 2012. and there is no Counter to that...3.) and thief dmg is so high, that DD will continue to dominate small scale

Exactly where will DD dominate? Is this WvW? Its really not meta in sPvP at all.

@Kahyos.1437 said:

nerf confirmed....

Exactly where will DD dominate? Is this WvW? Its really not meta in sPvP at all.

yes, wvw small scale. when you see 95% uptime staff dodge thief. or well known perma dogedodgedodgedodge condi thief. or you just Switch to perma invis ghosttrapper, no one can catch you. or better perma invis DE. and after 20 sec you dodge his one shoot with godlike reactions or you are dead. if you try to ctach a thief, MUHAHAHAHHA....Forget it. unkillable class. 100% escape rate confirmed.

i never played engi, but i never felt engi would be OP or something like that. thief is 100 times stronger than engi and get less nerfs... hmm...

@Zero.3871 said:

nerf confirmed....

ye the core problem with thief isnt necesarily the damage its all the get away free cards they can spam while dealing said damage

@Rezzet.3614 said:

nerf confirmed....

ye the core problem with thief isnt necesarily the damage its all the get away free cards they can spam while dealing said damage

If they didn’t have those “free” cards, they would melt with the slightest gaze.

@BobbyT.7192 said:

nerf confirmed....

If they didn’t have those “free” cards, they would melt with the slightest gaze.

they have tonnes of dodges, invis, so they could live AND fight without all These teleports.

Archived