Thread for Scourge benchmark tests (PvE)

Kam.4092

I have been testing Scepter/Dagger with Dagger/Torch. I am not using the best food. I will try later. I'm not the best player, but I'm getting 31-32k easy with this set up. I didn't use any Minion either, I have Epidemic still slotted.

I found that buffs do increase our Condition Duration. This is a great find.

Wanting to see what others get here with testing. I think I can get 33k+ easy when I change to better food, and prioritize better.

This is the build I used. I'm not saying this is optimal, just wanted discussions here about what you find equals more DPS, etc.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArY4fnE9CN9iV3Ae3A83gFhBLKAkAeAUThsQvSvuuXDsA-jBiHQBEU5H9U/JILPoRlgObHAa9EAAwJBgc6HCAkAsL1l6SdJY8EPxT8EPxjrT8EPxTX2ldZXGPxT8IFwi6tA-e

https://imgur.com/a/2Rbz2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Aktium.9506 said:No clue if this is optimal, but this is the best result I've had so far.

https://i.imgur.com/J5Priwd.jpg

Is that using Mainhand Dagger at all? If not, then both setups are really close. I think Mainhand Dagger makes the playstyle way more fun, and versatile with AoE, etc.

Also I didn't use a Minion. I will later. I still had Epidemic slotted.

@Tobias.8632 said:Why are some of you taking trail of anguish? All it does is inflict a single proc of torment on a 20 second cooldown

This is just what I did. I was rushing it just to check the general feel. When I got back I'll try and do better. What skill would you say is better? It also has the Burning Trait though. I was messing around with it. I made this thread for talking about stuff, not saying my build is what you should use.

@Kam.4092 said:

@Tobias.8632 said:Why are some of you taking trail of anguish? All it does is inflict a single proc of torment on a 20 second cooldown

This is just what I did. I was rushing it just to check the general feel. When I got back I'll try and do better. What skill would you say is better? It also has the Burning Trait though. I was messing around with it. I made this thread for talking about stuff, not saying my build is what you should use.

Dessicate is a much better option, like the shadow fiend it generates 10% lf on a relatively short cooldown and you can just spawn a new shade every time time comes off cooldown to proc sadistic searing

I think for pure single target, you'd take shadow fiend, dessicate, blood is power

Here's my contribution.

My gear setup was definitely suboptimal as I was rolling with the old krait runes I used for reaper, which badly overcapped bleeds. Here's the build.

The damage can definitely be pushed higher. Off the top of my head, I know I messed up a couple uses of Sadistic Searing at the end (which probably is reflected in the fact that my dps dropped from 35.1k to 34.6k) and probably cancelled an autoattack or two.

The idea is to take advantage of Sadistic Searing by casting your punishments, and then only putting down sandshades after your punishment casts. Then Desert Shroud and Trail of Anguish should basically be used off cooldown. Sand Flare is used to trigger more burns from Sadistic Searing, but if the cooldown lines up with Trail of Anguish and a sand shade won't come off cooldown in time to use Sadistic Searing with both punishments, then you skip the Sand Flare.

You stay on each weapon set for 2 "rotations" of its 4 skill. So each time you swap to scepter/torch, you use Harrowing Wave twice before swapping. Each time you swap to scepter/dagger, you use Blood is Power and Deathly Swarm Twice before swapping.

LF generation was just fine to spam Desert Shroud off cooldown, or at worst, a coupld seconds off cooldown. There was not enough life force to use any other skill however.

One big way to push the damage is to run around with Trail of Anguish. If you stand still on a target, it will only trigger the burn once. However, if you run back in forth, you can hit up to two times. I didn't do this in my benchmark cause it was annoying and would cause me to miss attacks, but if you're skilled enough it should add a bunch more damage.

@chunx.9521 said:Here's my contribution.

My gear setup was definitely suboptimal as I was rolling with the old krait runes I used for reaper, which badly overcapped bleeds. Here's the build.

The damage can definitely be pushed higher. Off the top of my head, I know I messed up a couple uses of Sadistic Searing at the end (which probably is reflected in the fact that my dps dropped from 35.1k to 34.6k) and probably cancelled an autoattack or two.

The idea is to take advantage of Sadistic Searing by casting your punishments, and then only putting down sandshades after your punishment casts. Then Desert Shroud and Trail of Anguish should basically be used off cooldown. Sand Flare is used to trigger more burns from Sadistic Searing, but if the cooldown lines up with Trail of Anguish and a sand shade won't come off cooldown in time to use Sadistic Searing with both punishments, then you skip the Sand Flare.

You stay on each weapon set for 2 "rotations" of its 4 skill. So each time you swap to scepter/torch, you use Harrowing Wave twice before swapping. Each time you swap to scepter/dagger, you use Blood is Power and Deathly Swarm Twice before swapping.

LF generation was just fine to spam Desert Shroud off cooldown, or at worst, a coupld seconds off cooldown. There was not enough life force to use any other skill however.

One big way to push the damage is to run around with Trail of Anguish. If you stand still on a target, it will only trigger the burn once. However, if you run back in forth, you can hit up to two times. I didn't do this in my benchmark cause it was annoying and would cause me to miss attacks, but if you're skilled enough it should add a bunch more damage.

I was able to use Shade skills a lot playing around with Mainhand Dagger. I can see Scepter camping being main set for Raiding, but I think Scourge will be really flexible with weapons. I mainly do Fractals as my PvE content. I know it doesn't matter what you run in Fractals really, but I do love how Mainhand Dagger allows more use of the Shade skills. It also allows more CC, and mediocre support. In Fractals this is all great.

When in a Raid I see Mainhand Dagger not being used, since all support meta builds are way better than what Scourge can do. I just like having options now instead of being stuck to Scepter/Dagger and Greatsword.

Thanks for your info :D

I forgot if Necro needed to always fill both weapon sets, even for Offhands. Not having a Scepter in each hand lowers stats with Shroud right, or was this fixed?

So, since Fell Beacon does actually dynamically scale, we can actually pick different foods than Rare Veggie Pizza. With no foods, 25 Might, Pinpoint Distribution, and Banner of Strength, I'm getting 99.26% duration with two shades. I know we can't permanently keep up two shades, but the downtime of the second shade with alacrity is very low.

I am thinking we might go instead for Orrian Truffle Soup, which also helps a bit with life force.

@Tobias.8632 said:Use dessicate instead of trail of anguish, 16 second cooldown for maximum sadistic searing

The factor limiting the output of sadistic searing isn't the cooldown of the punishments. It is the cooldown of the manifest sand shade. You just need two punishments to make sure that each time you manifest a sand shade, sadistic searing also activates. In that sense, dessicate plus sand flare would get the same outcome as trail of anguish and sand flare. The benefit is that trail of anguish has no cast time and can hit a target twice if you walk over it again after a certain amount of time after initially hitting it, so it does much more damage.

True dessicate gives more LF, but I don't think it makes up for the damage trail of anguish puts out. You may have to delay desert shroud a few extra seconds after many rotations using trail of anguish, but this seems worth it in terms of dps.

Question about gear stats. I see everyone mention vipers is the best right now but what is wrong with trailblazer? Wouldn't trailblazers be better for the tough/vit making us tankier while still have high condi dmg/duration? Also the vit gives us more lf to use more ahade skills. I don't see scourge making much use of the power and precision stats or maybe idk much. Could be idk much.

Archived