What would be required to make Herald more than niche?

Axl.8924

I was curious and some ideas and buffs and such.

So you got some decent heals i hear, but i heard that its hard to compete because of druids having so many buff so how can you fix it?

Also With hammer and such, is herald more power? more condi?

When you need defensive boons, huge free boon duration and very solid defenses for self you pop herald.And if not then you pop renegade, and laugh at druids with your vastly superior personal damage while still being a support build pumping tons of might, alacrity and life leech/healing for party) then druid with similar role.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:When you need defensive boons, huge free boon duration and very solid defenses for self you pop herald.And if not then you pop renegade, and laugh at druids with your vastly superior personal damage while still being a support build pumping tons of might, alacrity and life leech/healing for party) then druid with similar role.

Yeah, until the VERY easily killed Renegade summons get looked at, they die. Then what do you offer? Simple AoE will kill them, CC wrecks them. Boon corruption and removal is quite strong as well.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:When you need defensive boons, huge free boon duration and very solid defenses for self you pop herald.And if not then you pop renegade, and laugh at druids with your vastly superior personal damage while still being a support build pumping tons of might, alacrity and life leech/healing for party) then druid with similar role.

Yeah, until the VERY easily killed Renegade summons get looked at, they die. Then what do you offer? Simple AoE will kill them, CC wrecks them. Boon corruption and removal is quite strong as well.

What are these summons? explain please.How does that work.

I heard that renegades can heal themselves with life syphon type thing, how does that work? is it like necros with a ability on the utility? or the actual weapon?

Also How does speaking about renegade solve herald issues regarding to validity in pve?Also:What about buffing the actual weapon for herald? or the legend to make it hold up better?

@Axl.8924 said:I was curious and some ideas and buffs and such.

So you got some decent heals i hear, but i heard that its hard to compete because of druids having so many buff so how can you fix it?

Hammer is largely a utility weapon like staff. It's best for the AOE knockdown, long range auto and the blast finisher. But to get the most of it, you want a power build to take advantage of Hammer 2 well.

Ok so shortbow is renegade and shield is herald.I'm looking at herald and not sure what can be changed here.Glint offers buff of protection

Facet of light maybe buff in duration? it lasts half a second, which seems kinda short.I could have sworn other things have longer duration.Burst of strength lasts 1 second seems fine.

What i'm noticing is you got a lot of stuff for buffing others but i'm not noticing a lot of dps from what i'm reading on wiki.

Swift gale seems good for spvp though

Do you think facet of light needss buffed?

@Axl.8924 said:I was curious and some ideas and buffs and such.

To be honest, Herald is the main stream build for Rev, but not as support, but as power damage. Hammer is pure power weapon and does not benefit at all from condo damage.

I think the support build is Ventari. It usesrenegade not herald. It is... okay. I am not sure its effectiveness in raids. It surely is not effective in PvP.

Ok i did stray off topic in my previous post.After sitting in temple of contemplation i have one simple answer to the titular question:

Ability to use facets as profession mechanic and not glint utilities.

That way any legend you choose would have support of facet boonshare.Ventari healer builds would skyrocket in viability now that they grant both boons and healing.Jalis could be the supporty tank (self sustain, party sustain and boons)Mallyx could enjoy some cover boons for his resistance, and get extra crit chance to proc torment via corruption lineShiro could use some fury and might unrelated to wielding twin swords.You wouldn't be forced to go Glnt just to have reveal skill vs thieves...

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:Ok i did stray off topic in my previous post.After sitting in temple of contemplation i have one simple answer to the titular question:

Ability to use facets as profession mechanic and not glint utilities.

That way any legend you choose would have support of facet boonshare.Ventari healer builds would skyrocket in viability now that they grant both boons and healing.Jalis could be the supporty tank (self sustain, party sustain and boons)Mallyx could enjoy some cover boons for his resistance, and get extra crit chance to proc torment via corruption lineShiro could use some fury and might unrelated to wielding twin swords.You wouldn't be forced to go Glnt just to have reveal skill vs thieves...

Hey that sounds really interesting :+1:

Strong, but not OP strong - facets still cost energy. Resistance and alacrity (two really valuable boons) aren't available via facets.Considering limited space for profession skills (F2-F5) only utility facets could be used. Not OP heal and not glint elite.

What you would get is:

• easy access to might, fury and swiftness whenever
  • a 20s cd cheap stunbreak + blind + reveal no matter the selected legend
  • Aoe physical damage + conditions (elemental blast)
  • 10 vulni stacks + some damage attack (a little bone thrown for condi builds that don't use swords or devastation)

In pve biggest benefit would belong to Ventari healer, that now could grant easy fury and few stacks of might for his party. With 600 range on facet boons it's really a nice addition. Would be nicer though, if facet of power granted more stacks per pulse. All other boons are duration based, but one measly stack per 3s is too weak.

Combining that with alacrity from salvation line and protection if he builds for it (herald trait + rune of the herald) Ventari would finally have somewhat of a boon support like other healers do.

Next in line would be condi rev - currently Glint provides a lot of things that condi rev really needs - easy swiftness, cheap stunbreak, extra dps via elemental blast, some might stacks, a reveal vs thieves, some vulni stacks, that power revs get tons of while condi revs none. Problem is that mallyx can synergize well with just about any other legend, but is strongly discouraged from doing so "cause glint". That change could free him up more.

If we're talking raids - elemental blast without being forced to glint might provide some extra dps for builds like shiro/jalis power or mallyx/shiro revs.

Archived