Stealth

michelada.2947

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:Fun fact, it Already has Counters in game it’s called Reveal (multiple classes have access to it) and Stealth doesn’t stop Damage like Blocks most attacks will damage players in stealth.

Yeah but that only works when you pay attention to enemy composition, communicate with your team, and watch the mini map.

Hang on... you’re supposed to be doing that anyway! No wonder something was fishy smelling about it. Don’t get me wrong, I think stealth needs some adjustments, however, the classes with access to it(outside thief) only take one or two skills that grant it and are short durations/medium cooldowns.

@"michelada.2947" said:that's the point of "stealth", you can't see them, you can't deal damage unless the players go and die inside the enemy autos, dead eye can mark you and 2 shoot you pretty easily with out the chance to do something in return, the only thing you can do is run really far

Deadeye is a completely different matter. I’m not going to go through all my reasoning as you can find them in the deadeye does 25k crit post that’s floating around but simply put it should give up either the damage or stealth. But right now damage across the board is high. I blame a lot of this due to the absurd amount of boons being given to classes.

Stealth is such an unhealthy mechanic for the game, it needs to be reworked and be given drawbacks; like reduced movement speed, reduced outgoing damage, etc.It's a nightmare that can't really be balanced for the sake of fairness in its current form, it has always been borderline overpowered.

I'm just saying that stealth is the most antifun mechanic in the game right now and one of the reasons is because it lacks a lot of counterplay, the mechanics that the classes have to counter play this are pretty bad expect for the sneak gyro that give you detection pulse, besides that, all other skills to counter stealth are garbage, it's feel so frustrating to fight a druid 3v1 at your home and not being able to kill him because he is constantly healing and going stealth , thiefs that mark you with dead eye and 2 shot you, not even being able to respond because once the mark reach 2 stacks you are not able to fight back , mesmers that can reset fight whereaver they want.

Actually stealth is so broken that you will always see mesmer and thiefs with glass cannon builds because stealth is so forviging for those classes.

@michelada.2947 said:I'm just saying that stealth is the most antifun mechanic in the game right now and one of the reasons is because it lacks a lot of counterplay, the mechanics that the classes have to counter play this are pretty bad expect for the sneak gyro that give you detection pulse, besides that, all other skills to counter stealth are garbage, it's feel so frustrating to fight a druid 3v1 at your home and not being able to kill him because he is constantly healing and going stealth , thiefs that mark you with dead eye and 2 shot you, not even being able to respond because once the mark reach 2 stacks you are not able to fight back , mesmers that can reset fight whereaver they want.

Actually stealth is so broken that you will always see mesmer and thiefs with glass cannon builds because stealth is so forviging for those classes.

No... you have much bigger problems than stealth if you’re 3v1 against any class. It should take 2 at most to kill a Druid. If not you need to re-evaluate your build and skill.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:Fun fact, it Already has Counters in game it’s called Reveal (multiple classes have access to it) and Stealth doesn’t stop Damage like Blocks most attacks will damage players in stealth.

fun fact: stealth is equal to invul for every target based skill, cause you cannot start an attack that Needs a target on an enemy you cant see...

most classes have maybe 1 reveal while deadeye can Counter 2 times reveal...while reaper, every ele, renegade, scourge, core guard and firebrand didnt have any reveal skills or stealth by their own to Counter that...

@Zero.3871 said:

fun fact: stealth is equal to invul for every target based skill, cause you cannot start an attack that Needs a target on an enemy you cant see...

most classes have maybe 1 reveal while deadeye can Counter 2 times reveal...while reaper, every ele, renegade, scourge, core guard and firebrand didnt have any reveal skills or stealth by their own to Counter that...

Fun fact that doesn’t prove anything I said wrong, and again Stealth does not function anything like Invuln, Stealthed players are still fully subjected to damage, and CC’s. Also who would have thought that players can’t cast a targeted spell on no target hmm interesting funny how that works.

Again this Op is about there being no Counters but Counters exist on multiple classes. Quit trying to derail the topic.

@XxsdgxX.8109 said:Stealth is such an unhealthy mechanic for the game, it needs to be reworked and be given drawbacks; like reduced movement speed, reduced outgoing damage, etc.It's a nightmare that can't really be balanced for the sake of fairness in its current form, it has always been borderline overpowered.

What the point of drawback if u being rekt by aoes/channeling skills/hits while in it ? If you wouldnt be able to walk away from bombing zone ? Thief backstab and other mechanics reward them for attacking from stealth , omegalul suggestions

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Fun fact that doesn’t prove anything I said wrong, and again Stealth does not function anything like Invuln, Stealthed players are still fully subjected to damage, and CC’s. Also who would have thought that players can’t cast a targeted spell on no target hmm interesting funny how that works.

Again this Op is about there being no Counters but Counters exist on multiple classes. Quit trying to derail the topic.

i Play reaper and there is absolutely no Counter to stealth because there is no reveal...

Stealth stacking is the issue, what if you couldn’t stack stealth anymore and had 2s reveal after coming out of stealth but it lasted 1s longer or 2s longer if you run SA?

Mind you I don’t think every stealth skill needs to last longer, just stealth combo and a few thief skills, maybe mesmer decoy now you can’t reduce its cool down. Yes there will be outliers but on the whole it would make the game much better and make WvW less stupid, bad players will still get 1 shot from stealth though because bad players don’t pay attention to the enemy stealthing infront of them.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

@michelada.2947 said:I'm just saying that stealth is the most antifun mechanic in the game right now and one of the reasons is because it lacks a lot of counterplay, the mechanics that the classes have to counter play this are pretty bad expect for the sneak gyro that give you detection pulse, besides that, all other skills to counter stealth are garbage, it's feel so frustrating to fight a druid 3v1 at your home and not being able to kill him because he is constantly healing and going stealth , thiefs that mark you with dead eye and 2 shot you, not even being able to respond because once the mark reach 2 stacks you are not able to fight back , mesmers that can reset fight whereaver they want.

No... you have much bigger problems than stealth if you’re 3v1 against any class. It should take 2 at most to kill a Druid. If not you need to re-evaluate your build and skill.

OR you just pressure druid off point and you win. He goes to stealth = you cap the point :-)

@FyzE.3472 said:

OR you just pressure druid off point and you win. He goes to stealth = you cap the point :-)

You can't do that, those druids really hurt, specially if they go condi, they just have to auto with staff and attack you with the pet to stack lot of condis and heal themselfs.

I believe that an amazing change to stealth would be to change the maximun stealth duration to 3 secs, no matter how much stealth you want to stack, 3 secs would be the maximum always, this way we will not have perma stealth classes or at least we will have some windows where we can see the enemy coming out of stealth for 1 sec, this give us the chance to try to land some aoe in the area were we just saw the enemy.

@michelada.2947 said:

You can't do that, those druids really hurt, specially if they go condi, they just have to auto with staff and attack you with the pet to stack lot of condis and heal themselfs.

I believe that an amazing change to stealth would be to change the maximun stealth duration to 3 secs, no matter how much stealth you want to stack, 3 secs would be the maximum always, this way we will not have perma stealth classes or at least we will have some windows where we can see the enemy coming out of stealth for 1 sec, this give us the chance to try to land some aoe in the area were we just saw the enemy.

Long duration stealth within reason isn’t such an issue, look at shadow refuge and mass invis, both have a clear trade off either by requiring you to sit in an area for 4s or having a 1.75s cast that’s easy to deal with as well as cool downs which are long enough to make them used sparingly. The big issue is stealth stacking which lets classes sit in stealth for prolonged periods of time, on low cooldowns giving them every opportunity to avoid taking further damage, heal up and get the opening strike in the continued fight.

This is less of an issue in PvP but as they’re now more or less balancing WvW and PvP very closely (which I mostly approve of) it’s worth saying stealth stacking is insanely broken in WvW and changing stealth in general could lead to a much healthier game.

Before someone like Cynz shows up and says it, yes of course stealth skills and traits will need to be looked at for all classes as well as initiative costs for thief.

@michelada.2947 said:

I would argue they are too fat with their passives and reset health to full each 15s from 1% with stealth etcetc but no,sneaky condi duids ;D

@michelada.2947 said:

O_O I can and did that a ton of times! Man, I really wish you could see the bange with divisions on the forum. It would probably explin alot.. People dying to condi DRUID and/or DE's DJ. Oh wait I got it. If you stand still then yes, you can not win :-( My bad for not coming up with this idea earlier.

@apharma.3741 said:

Long duration stealth within reason isn’t such an issue, look at shadow refuge and mass invis, both have a clear trade off either by requiring you to sit in an area for 4s or having a 1.75s cast that’s easy to deal with as well as cool downs which are long enough to make them used sparingly. The big issue is stealth stacking which lets classes sit in stealth for prolonged periods of time, on low cooldowns giving them every opportunity to avoid taking further damage, heal up and get the opening strike in the continued fight.

This is less of an issue in PvP but as they’re now more or less balancing WvW and PvP very closely (which I mostly approve of) it’s worth saying stealth stacking is insanely broken in WvW and changing stealth in general could lead to a much healthier game.

Before someone like Cynz shows up and says it, yes of course stealth skills and traits will need to be looked at for all classes as well as initiative costs for thief.

Agreed. In PvP stealth is not even close as bad as in WvW

@FyzE.3472 said:

O_O I can and did that a ton of times! Man, I really wish you could see the bange with divisions on the forum. It would probably explin alot.. People dying to condi DRUID and/or DE's DJ. Oh wait I got it. If you stand still then yes, you can not win :-( My bad for not coming up with this idea earlier.You mean people would farm plat/leg so their opinion would look better? :)

@Odik.4587 said:

@"FyzE.3472" said:

O_O I can and did that a ton of times! Man, I really wish you could see the bange with divisions on the forum. It would probably explin alot.. People dying to condi DRUID and/or DE's DJ. Oh wait I got it. If you stand still then yes, you can not win :-( My bad for not coming up with this idea earlier.You mean people would farm plat/leg so their opinion would look better? :)

I would like to see people try to do that. At least this will reduce the ammount of "OMG I was oneshotted once by DE in my last game! NERF NERF NERF" threads popularity by a lot, hopefully. But then again, you can argue with a person from high division. Try doing that with a bronze/silver/gold division guy/girl. The option of countreplay/improving is just absent from the brain and I would much rather not try and reason with that person. Because it is a waste of time, in my opinion.

Edit: typos

@FyzE.3472 said:

I would like to see people try to do that. At least this will reduce the ammount of "OMG I was oneshotted once by DE in my last game! NERF NERF NERF" threads popularity by a lot, hopefully. But then again, you can argue with a person fromhigh division. Try doing that with a brinze/silver/gold division guy/girl. The option of countreplay/improbing is just abscent from the brain and I would much rather not try and reason with that person. Because it is a waste of time, in my opinion.

I tried to do with some NA 'individuals' . Entire NA region was farmed by diviner chrono without : sustain,teleports,breakstuns,mobility,cleanses, portal that literally dies to few condi stacks or 1x2. Trust me... i know what you mean ...

@Odik.4587 said:

I would like to see people try to do that. At least this will reduce the ammount of "OMG I was oneshotted once by DE in my last game! NERF NERF NERF" threads popularity by a lot, hopefully. But then again, you can argue with a person fromhigh division. Try doing that with a brinze/silver/gold division guy/girl. The option of countreplay/improbing is just abscent from the brain and I would much rather not try and reason with that person. Because it is a waste of time, in my opinion.

I tried to do with some NA 'individuals' . Entire NA region was farmed by diviner chrono without : sustain,teleports,breakstuns,mobility,cleanses, portal that literally dies to few condi stacks or 1x2. Trust me... i know what you mean ...So you understand the reason behind the thought :-) not saying it is THE best way to say if a post is legut or not, but hey, I am all for more effective option/s.Also I can only imagine the amount of post created after your play :-D

@FyzE.3472 said:So you understand the reason behind the thought :-) not saying it is THE best way to say if a post is legut or not, but hey, I am all for more effective option/s.Also I can only imagine the amount of post created after your play :-DI think i'm not caused nerf threads , like people calling out others for hacking but thats mostly not going beyond just saying that. Sadly its impossible to not allow people create threads xDWe can discuss how to save OP from condi druids... Any idea which league it is ?

Archived