the never-ending request... SAB world 3

i'm so glad Super Adventure Box returns every year as a festival now! it's by far my favorite part of the game.Returning every year for another tribulation adventure. The race this year is very nice! i love the beedog adventure half way through!

now the never-ending request. I would (as many others) love to see World 3 and maybe even World 4 being brought into the game... i know it has been confirmed by an ArenaNet developer that it's not gonna happen, but i'm still requesting it ^.^So please Anet! Isn't there anyway we could possible get W3 for next year?

@Dukotje.4382 said:i'm so glad Super Adventure Box returns every year as a festival now! it's by far my favorite part of the game.Returning every year for another tribulation adventure. The race this year is very nice! i love the beedog adventure half way through!

now the never-ending request. I would (as many others) love to see World 3 and maybe even World 4 being brought into the game... i know it has been confirmed by an ArenaNet developer that it's not gonna happen, but i'm still requesting it ^.^So please Anet! Isn't there anyway we could possible get W3 for next year?

As far as I know, it's not been confirmed that it's not going to happen. It's just on hold for an unknown amount of time.What they have said is that they didn't want to spend resources on doing it.That is, it wasn't going to happen when they said it (and until times change to make it possible).Similar to what was said about the legendary weapons.

But yes, I'm with you. Give us world 3 and 4 please.It's a one-time commitment (though I realize it's a large one).When it's done, it's done and then people can't whine and it can be taken off The Table .

No.

Look, I want to see the end of our little 8-bit adventure as much as anyone. FFS, I beat Battletoads just to see the ending. But it's not worth it. It's not worth their effort in making it, it's not worth our effort in playing it. Just imagine the Tribulation Mode puzzles are worlds 3 and 4, because that's how bad these new puzzles would have to be to maintain the trajectory set by world 2.

@Trise.2865 said:No.

Look, I want to see the end of our little 8-bit adventure as much as anyone. kitten, I beat Battletoads just to see the ending. But it's not worth it. It's not worth their effort in making it, it's not worth our effort in playing it. Just imagine the Tribulation Mode puzzles are worlds 3 and 4, because that's how bad these new puzzles would have to be to maintain the trajectory set by world 2.

World 2 was a perfect example of someone believing that you can never have too much of a good thing and getting carried away. In this instance less is more.Anet are fully aware of the reasons world 2 nearly killed SAB and no one is asking for World 2 sized zones again.

I for one (and I believe many others) would be more than satisfied with a World 1 sized zone update every year. World 3 doesn't need to happen in one update - If resources are tight, keep the updates small and manageable.

World 3 - Zone 1 next year pls Anet :)

@Daroon.1736 said:

Look, I want to see the end of our little 8-bit adventure as much as anyone. kitten, I beat Battletoads just to see the ending. But it's not worth it. It's not worth their effort in making it, it's not worth our effort in playing it. Just imagine the Tribulation Mode puzzles are worlds 3 and 4, because that's how bad these new puzzles would have to be to maintain the trajectory set by world 2.

World 2 was a perfect example of someone believing that you can never have too much of a good thing and getting carried away. In this instance less is more.Anet are fully aware of the reasons world 2 nearly killed SAB and no one is asking for World 2 sized zones again.

I for one (and I believe many others) would be more than satisfied with a World 1 sized zone update every year. World 3 doesn't need to happen in one update - If resources are tight, keep the updates small and manageable.

Exactly, the zones in world 2 were too long. If world 2 was the same length as world 1 I'd love it (maybe if they split it into five zones rather than three). If world 3 was the same length as world 1 that'd be great.

Careful what you're asking for!SAB is designed after classic platformers like super mario. The levels even share similar themes as levels in these platformers. However we're still missing some themes. The lava or castle level is obviously reserved for the final boss. However we're also missing an underwater level.

@Daroon.1736 said:

Didn't realize that World 2 map size was an issue. Just did World 2 zones for the first time last weekend and had a lot of fun. Although I admit giving up on the long path in zone 3. Got bored going up that long ice ramp. It wasn't that difficult but I just didn't see the point.

Personally I liked the World 2 zones much more than the World 1 zones. World 2 Zone 3 is my favorite, but the long path is a bit much.

I hope they eventually do the other worlds. They don't have to make them so big if that's a problem.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:Careful what you're asking for!SAB is designed after classic platformers like super mario. The levels even share similar themes as levels in these platformers. However we're still missing some themes. The lava or castle level is obviously reserved for the final boss. However we're also missing an underwater level.

Well I bet SAB underwater level would be better than current state underwater combat, so I say go for it :smile:

@Grim West.3194 said:

Didn't realize that World 2 map size was an issue. Just did World 2 zones for the first time last weekend and had a lot of fun. Although I admit giving up on the long path in zone 3. Got bored going up that long ice ramp. It wasn't that difficult but I just didn't see the point.

Personally I liked the World 2 zones much more than the World 1 zones. World 2 Zone 3 is my favorite, but the long path is a bit much.

I hope they eventually do the other worlds. They don't have to make them so big if that's a problem.

With the shortcuts they put in place it is manageable but the old school (pun intended) W2 was brutally long... if you do the get all baubles in a zone achievement for W2, in normal mode, you'll have some idea what it was like, but even then it is easier now bacause the dart traps are more sensible than they used to be (ie. they no longer kill you in one hit).

Pain Cliffs and Storm Top are actually huge in comparison to W1 if you take the classic route. Now they have a lot of cool things in them, I'll say that much, but some of those cool things could have been saved for W3 and W4. Even if you knew the zone well a re-run of W2Z2 could take about 20 minutes without the shortcut eagle whereas repeats of world 1 are all less than 10 minutes. Imagine how long it took to do the W2 zones the first time (I admit it was fun the first time too, but not replay friendly at all... although the gong room while cool was never fun at the time, and old school piranha bend was brutal if you had high ping).

Archived