pScourge vs pReaper PvE only

Catchyfx.5768

Which spec have better DPS? I play reaper mainly. And i was playing condi scourge. BUT What about Power? Have scourge better DPS? Im looking for littlebit supportive DPS(more supoportive then reaper)So again Is Power scourge better then Power reaper( DPS ONLY) ty. (Axe/Focus main weapon)Fractals,dungs,mabye raids

@Catchyfx.5768 said:Which spec have better DPS? I play reaper mainly. And i was playing condi scourge. BUT What about Power? Have scourge better DPS? Im looking for littlebit supportive DPS(more supoportive then reaper)So again Is Power scourge better then Power reaper( DPS ONLY) ty. (Axe/Focus main weapon)Fractals,dungs,mabye raids

Hmmm thats a good question. While I think you can run power scourge you wont get much for doing so. Scourge's power scaling is not all that your f1 through f4 become pretty pointless and you can only use desert shroud to burst once every 20 seconds or so and only during that small window of time will you have to perform your best damage due to death perception.

Ideally its giving up alot of potential damage without increasing your supportive abilities at all which is why people dont run it as a thing. ANET didnt consider the time to build a real power option into scourge unlikes with reaper which has power and condition options it would seem that scourge is locked to condi only which is one of the reasons im personally not a big fan of it..

You would have better support as a blood magic reaper with wells or even transfusion than you would with power scourge.

If giving up that condition damage gave you more supportive abilities it might be an ideal concept to go for but thats simply not the case.

I use Reaper for power builds in PvE. Reaper sustain comes from AoE chills, LF gen from multiple trash mob hits by skills and by deaths, and from self might stacking and cleave dps.

Power Scourge does not have as much scaling in a crowd as Reaper if your opponents are not boon factories.

@Catchyfx.5768 said:I play Wells reaper, thanks for advice. IT Will be fine to play Power scourge top. So again. Ty . Staying Reaper

Like i saidYou can play power scourge but I would only recommend doing so in open world and im sure no one will mind or notice. Maybe you can get away with it in low level fractals or easy dungeons but I wouldnt use power scourge for high tier fractals or raids or anything like that where people want the best of the best and the most optimal builds.

In either case you have options for playing power support with reaper or condi support with scourge. Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I see no evidence that Power-centric will work on a Scourge -the trade offs aren't worth it, my Reaper is power and crit and I am amazed at how well he works in my PVE.

Scourge is about conditions, conditions, conditions...so I set him at almost 2k Condition Damage (barely 2k Attack Power) and 30k Health and it seems to be very efficient.

I ran power scourge in wvw for a while as i was to lazy to swap out of my pReaper gear. It has some decent spike dmg, and if specced probably wrong, it can still throw people off, im guessing just from being a scurge, but overall it's probably not worth it. I've since switched my gear up for some condi exotics and it's noticeable better suited.

This is the "You and what army?" Power MM Scourge that I currently run for open world PVE content. Axe/focus as primary weapons, with a backup staff for longer ranged situations. The basic idea is that the minions swarm while I go bomb mode with burst and cleave. Axe/torch is also viable for even more cleave up close, and you can swap Abrasive Grit for Fell Beacon if you want to go that route as your primary setup. The barriers and associated effects such as Abrasive Grit give you good durability, and make you useful in those impromptu groups that pop up. All in all, a very fun build to play.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRIQNAndWnE9CN1gd1Au1As3gFcBT/w2YnsS5gdwNAaAEAaBA-jFCBwAGV+B4UKkSfDO1fkoEMh5vAPpAs7PAA-w

Archived