Using Glyphs on Watchwork Mining Pick, Lucky Dog Harvesting Tool - removing bonus or not?

Iron.4372

Hello everyone, I had to make another topic on this forum, because I think it's something, that should be more informative in-game. Right now, after I visited Black Lion guy, and changed mine harvesting and mining tool I just dont know if I will "upgrade" my tools with glyphs - will I loose my existing upgrades or not? It's kind of expensive things, and I would like to not have a lose on this. It would be really great if something like message about "removing existing upgrade" will appear. Can someone give me an answer about this? Will I get additional upgrade on my tools or the exsisting upgrade will dissapear"?

If topic like this exsists please remove it, if not, then great, it would be topic, that can make some possitive impact on the official forum :)

No, you will not lose anything. All glyphs will be put into your inventory. If you have a differing glyph than the original one on your gathering tool, that will be place in your inventory while the current one should remain on the tool. This specifically happens when you upgrade any tool to the new format. All glyphs, upgrades or otherwise, cannot be deleted or overwritten in regards to deletion unless you manually delete them yourself.

Hope this helps.

Beware, they've basically changed the previous bonuses for your unlimited tools to glyphs when you upgrade. For instance, I have an acct that had 1 set of unbound magic gathers and they produced unbound magic before I upgraded, but after upgrade AND without the glyphs, my unbound magic gathers are just skins that yield no UM when gathering.

Granted, with the glyphs you seem to get more UM than with an un-upgraded gem store set of tools, but it's really a personal judgement call when you only have 1 set of tools if its worth it to upgrade them.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Hope I'm not hijacking, but I have a glyph question that doesn't seem to deserve a whole thread of its own...

Has anyone put a glyph in a temporary gathering tool? What happens when the tool runs out? I assume the glyph returns to your inventory, but would like to have it confirmed.

I did the test. Yes the glyph goes in your inventory when the tool runs out

Archived