The Steal Skill

Turkeyspit.3965

It might sound like an odd problem, but I'm leveling a thief for the first time, and I never know what I'm going to get after hitting F1 (queue up Forrest Gump references).

In PvP/WvW there are only 9 possibilities, so that is something you learn, but in PvE, the list is huge. Should I worry at all about this? Long term plan is to go Daredevil Staff / SB, so is F2 even something worth using later in the game? I like to keep moving + killing, so stopping to mouseover F2 to see what bundle I have is a hassle, and I find myself pressing F2 and hoping for the best.

@derd.6413 said:there's 21 possible skills (including the ones in pvp and 2 are only different in that one does extra damage) in open world. (there's a few raid specific ones but those you need to learn per encounter) you'll learn to recognize them over time.

I appreciate your confidence in me lol.

Any tips on how to do that, or is just a repetition thing? I'm still trying to remember 15 different weapon abilities (Weapon combo #1 / #2 / Underwater)

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@derd.6413 said:there's 21 possible skills (including the ones in pvp and 2 are only different in that one does extra damage) in open world. (there's a few raid specific ones but those you need to learn per encounter) you'll learn to recognize them over time.

I appreciate your confidence in me lol.

Any tips on how to do that, or is just a repetition thing? I'm still trying to remember 15 different weapon abilities (Weapon combo #1 / #2 / Underwater)

it's something you pick up while leveling. some do it faster then others but it's possible

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:It might sound like an odd problem, but I'm leveling a thief for the first time, and I never know what I'm going to get after hitting F1 (queue up Forrest Gump references).

In PvP/WvW there are only 9 possibilities, so that is something you learn, but in PvE, the list is huge. Should I worry at all about this? Long term plan is to go Daredevil Staff / SB, so is F2 even something worth using later in the game? I like to keep moving + killing, so stopping to mouseover F2 to see what bundle I have is a hassle, and I find myself pressing F2 and hoping for the best.

There are only 2 items that you really need to remember; Tuft/Feather and Plasma. The Tuft and feather do exactly the same thing. You need to take note of these items because you don't want to accidentally debuff yourself with Revealed. Plasma can be kept and wait for the right time to use, typically when attempting to finish off a target. Everything else has no tactical use, IMO, so you can use whatever, whenever.

Archived