Winds of Disenchantment and boon clear effects

Jski.6180

Was it intentional that winds of disenchantment stops clears on application boons effect that you see from ele and eng? If not there realty needs to be a fix as its stops a lot of ele and eng clear effects that needs 1 to 2 grand master level traits to make it viable. If so why is one class so able to counter nearly all effects and classes like scorge a every thing class still able to clear with its barriers a non boon effect should we make it so it stop barriers effects as well?

@apharma.3741 said:Winds of disenchantment prevents you receiving boons, I would think it’s very obvious how this would work with cleansing water and anti corrosion plating, you need to move out of the bubble. Yes this is intended.

I guess but i am not sure if Anet realty though it out. Its a major counter effect to ele and eng to the point of destroying viably of what small bit of aoe clears ele and eng has in wvw.

@Jski.6180 said:

@apharma.3741 said:Winds of disenchantment prevents you receiving boons, I would think it’s very obvious how this would work with cleansing water and anti corrosion plating, you need to move out of the bubble. Yes this is intended.

I guess but i am not sure if Anet realty though it out. Its a major counter effect to ele and eng to the point of destroying viably of what small bit of aoe clears ele and eng has in wvw.

Well, you don’t really want to stand in the bubble anyway because boons are, well a boon to have so it’s not a major issue at the moment imo, maybe in a few months when ANet has had time to bring out a few patches.

@apharma.3741 said:

Well, you don’t really want to stand in the bubble anyway because boons are, well a boon to have so it’s not a major issue at the moment imo, maybe in a few months when ANet has had time to bring out a few patches.

Well its not about the ele or eng standing in it its the ppl your trying to support. There realty no other effects in the game that comply stop a GM like this and it would be nice to here if this was intended because it dose not fit the spell brakers class at all as it counters a game play that in the class dose not use.

@Jski.6180 said:

Well its not about the ele or eng standing in it its the ppl your trying to support. There realty no other effects in the game that comply stop a GM like this and it would be nice to here if this was intended because it dose not fit the spell brakers class at all as it counters a game play that in the class dose not use.

Well yeah it was intended as you can’t recieve the boons, if your allies are standing in it that’s their fault too. Rev gets messed up by it too as pain absorption won’t give allies resistance either, pure of voice won’t give the converted boons, there’s lots of traits nullified by it but it still comes down to don’t stand in it or you’re fighting at a huge disadvantage.

@apharma.3741 said:

Well yeah it was intended as you can’t recieve the boons, if your allies are standing in it that’s their fault too. Rev gets messed up by it too as pain absorption won’t give allies resistance either, pure of voice won’t give the converted boons, there’s lots of traits nullified by it but it still comes down to don’t stand in it or you’re fighting at a huge disadvantage.

Dose that mean there no clears when you have a converted to boon or do you just not get the boon? That the thing its not important about the boon effect here its about being able to clear and classes who are locked to boons being the only means of real support clear become game braking when they lose the ability to do there job due to one skill.

@Jski.6180 said:

Dose that mean there no clears when you have a converted to boon or do you just not get the boon? That the thing its not important about the boon effect here its about being able to clear and classes who are locked to boons being the only means of real support clear become game braking when they lose the ability to do there job due to one skill.

Yeah I know what you’re saying but it is very clear they won’t work because you can’t get the boons and as said you shouldn’t fight in it. If your allies refuse to leave it and die to conditions it’s entirely their fault.

@apharma.3741 said:

Yeah I know what you’re saying but it is very clear they won’t work because you can’t get the boons and as said you shouldn’t fight in it. If your allies refuse to leave it and die to conditions it’s entirely their fault.

I get what your saying but ele (my main class) has healing rain that has clear build in per reg application dose that mean its cleaning on the reg? And if not why dose it read 2 condi clears when you have cleaning water? Things like that is what i am talking about your effects read one thing but do not work when you have effects like winds of discernment showing that this was NOT though out.

Should we add in effect that comply stop winds of discernment in the same way that it stops clear boons? Would that be fair? pAoE seem like the skills that you cant counter as they are non movable and often on long cd so having means of comply dealing with them is not good for the game and realty do come off as being uninterested effects.

@apharma.3741 said:

Thats not what hes saying though. Mechanically, Conversion is either a 1-action process, or a 2-action process...... and when looking at game logic, that can be a HUGE difference to what would otherwise be identical outcomes.

He asking if the conversion process is blocked entirely, because the boon application being blocked. That would imply a 1-action process, where the "remove condition" function can't trigger. If so, then thats a problem.

If its a 2-action process, it means condition removal and boon application are separate actions, and the former should still occur even if the latter is blocked. This is how we assume its supposed to work, since it allows the conditions to be cleared, but we lose the benefit of gaining a boon due to Disenchantment blocking only the latter half.

And restating it again just to be absolutely clear......... Just because we can't receive boons, wouldn't logically dictate that we can't remove the condition, regardless.

@Jski.6180 said:

I get what your saying but ele (my main class) has healing rain that has clear build in per reg application dose that mean its cleaning on the reg? And if not why dose it read 2 condi clears when you have cleaning water? Things like that is what i am talking about your effects read one thing but do not work when you have effects like winds of discernment showing that this was NOT though out.

Should we add in effect that comply stop winds of discernment in the same way that it stops clear boons? Would that be fair? pAoE seem like the skills that you cant counter as they are non movable and often on long cd so having means of comply dealing with them is not good for the game and realty do come off as being uninterested effects.

Anything 'added in' to stop winds would need to be an elite skill, as winds is an elite.

As a side note, none of the boon descriptions nor skill descriptions talk about what winds does, nor what they corrupt to. It's working as intended.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

Thats not what hes saying though. Mechanically, Conversion is either a 1-action process, or a 2-action process...... and when looking at game logic, that can be a HUGE difference to what would otherwise be identical outcomes.

He asking if the conversion process is blocked entirely, because the boon application being blocked. That would imply a 1-action process, where the "remove condition" function can't trigger. If so, then thats a problem.

If its a 2-action process, it means condition removal and boon application are separate actions, and the former should still occur even if the latter is blocked. This is how we assume its supposed to work, since it allows the conditions to be cleared, but we lose the benefit of gaining a boon due to Disenchantment blocking only the latter half.

And restating it again just to be absolutely clear......... Just because we can't receive boons, wouldn't logically dictate that we can't remove the condition, regardless.

I’d assume a convert acts as a cleanse at that point merely removing the condition however as has been stated several times by now you shouldn’t be in WoD, certainly not long enough to really find out.

@apharma.3741 said:

I’d assume a convert acts as a cleanse at that point merely removing the condition however as has been stated several times by now you shouldn’t be in WoD, certainly not long enough to really find out.

Saying "don't stand in it' is dodging the question. It has nothing to do with being able to stand in WoD or not, its about figuring out what order of actions you need to take so as the your cleanse abilities aren't botched due to a quirk in game logic. Players can't have agency if the rules change without their knowledge.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

Saying "don't stand in it' is dodging the question. It has nothing to do with being able to stand in WoD or not, its about figuring out what order of actions you need to take so as the your cleanse abilities aren't botched due to a quirk in game logic. Players can't have agency if the rules change without their knowledge.

So go and test it. This thread has been up for at least 2 days, it doesn’t take 2 days to find a warrior, scourge and guardian running pure of voice and go into a guild hall to test it in a controlled environment if you care about it so much.

However the point is almost entirely moot because you don’t want to be standing in the bubble and certainly not fighting in it. In a large fight you’re dead if you spend more than 1s in a bubble, in a small fight you have enough time to see it coming and not be in it, again you don’t want to be fighting in it no matter what.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Anything 'added in' to stop winds would need to be an elite skill, as winds is an elite.

As a side note, none of the boon descriptions nor skill descriptions talk about what winds does, nor what they corrupt to. It's working as intended.

Talking more about pAoE there no real counter to them but that because they are hard to land and often on longer cd. Healing rain is a pAoE that getting counted here and that a big deal for the game and causing a lot of balancing problems for the skills in question. Winds are doing to much for a skill in effect its doing more then being a counter boon tool its being a counter condi tool that simply dose not fit the spell braker class one bit.

I am a bit lost on your side note the skills that do corrupt tell you want they corrupted into winds dose not tell you it stops on boon effects.

@Jski.6180 said:

Talking more about pAoE there no real counter to them but that because they are hard to land and often on longer cd. Healing rain is a pAoE that getting counted here and that a big deal for the game and causing a lot of balancing problems for the skills in question. Winds are doing to much for a skill in effect its doing more then being a counter boon tool its being a counter condi tool that simply dose not fit the spell braker class one bit.

I am a bit lost on your side note the skills that do corrupt tell you want they corrupted into winds dose not tell you it stops on boon effects.

Yeah, reading back over what I posted it sounded very obtuse and somewhat off mark.

Cleansing waters states it removes a condition for allies you give regen to. If you can't give regen, then the condi won't clear. Regen being a boon, and WoD preventing boon application, it leads to the logical conclusion that you couldn't cleanse a condition because you can't give regen.

The GM trait would have to be reworked.

Or, as maybe if I read @Chaba.5410 correctly above, an additional available GM trait that allows for condition cleanse in these circumstances.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Yeah, reading back over what I posted it sounded very obtuse and somewhat off mark.

Cleansing waters states it removes a condition for allies you give regen to. If you can't give regen, then the condi won't clear. Regen being a boon, and WoD preventing boon application, it leads to the logical conclusion that you couldn't cleanse a condition because you can't give regen.

Or, as maybe if I read @Chaba.5410 correctly above, an additional available GM trait that allows for condition cleanse in these circumstances.

I understand the logic of the skill and effects i am saying it seems like Anet did not think it though for such effects and that as things stand its doing to much at once.

Spell brakers is a power dmg class and it works in that way having a counter to clears like this dose not fit the class one bit. If this was on a necro or a mez it works but its not. Even bezerk specialization would be ok to have a counter to clears like this as it can do ok condi dmg. This is why i think countering clears like this from winds is an over sight on anet end and it needs to be fixed.

@Jski.6180 said:

I understand the logic of the skill and effects i am saying it seems like Anet did not think it though for such effects and that as things stand its doing to much at once.

Spell brakers is a power dmg class and it works in that way having a counter to clears like this dose not fit the class one bit. If this was on a necro or a mez it works but its not. Even bezerk specialization would be ok to have a counter to clears like this as it can do ok condi dmg. This is why i think countering clears like this from winds is an over sight on anet end and it needs to be fixed.

I kind of disagree. Spellbreaker is a powerful class but applies very few condis. For the condi application that you want to clear to apply, you need another class, I.e teamwork.

Fighting two power classes, that same spellbreaker isn't nearly as hard. In fact, I can hold my own against them on my weaver with a decent amount of healing power. (Doesn't mean I win...).

I think it really IS well thought out. And I find the issue with cleansing waters isn't nearly as impactful as one might think with a stationary bubble.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

I kind of disagree. Spellbreaker is a powerful class but applies very few condis. For the condi application that you want to clear to apply, you need another class, I.e teamwork.

Fighting two power classes, that same spellbreaker isn't nearly as hard. In fact, I can hold my own against them on my weaver with a decent amount of healing power. (Doesn't mean I win...).

I think it really IS well thought out. And I find the issue with cleansing waters isn't nearly as impactful as one might think with a stationary bubble.

I guess you can make that argument about any skill but anet dose not balance the game like that or you would see classes with effects that do nothing for that class but helps other classes only. You would see non support classes or selfish classes make boons stronger on other ppl then them self. I guess Holo light arean would be a good example it cut the boons in 1/2 duration for other team mates not 1/2 for the holo it self as its not a real full on support class.

Archived