The return of our Heroes needed.

Since the two expansion packs have come out, you find it harder and harder to do these areas alone. Larger and more powerful mobs to deal with alone, the game itself is getting harder and harder with each expansion, Hero Points with Champions? make it impossible to do them alone. The larger, more powerful groups, more veterans in all groups, NPC that poison you from a distance, less people in certain areas to help. Bring us our Heroes for they are needed for those of us who prefer to roam alone.

@Texas.4861 said:Since the two expansion packs have come out, you find it harder and harder to do these areas alone. Larger and more powerful mobs to deal with alone, the game itself is getting harder and harder with each expansion, Hero Points with Champions? make it impossible to do them alone. The larger, more powerful groups, more veterans in all groups, NPC that poison you from a distance, less people in certain areas to help. Bring us our Heroes for they are needed for those of us who prefer to roam alone.

No

@Texas.4861 said:Since the two expansion packs have come out, you find it harder and harder to do these areas alone. Larger and more powerful mobs to deal with alone, the game itself is getting harder and harder with each expansion, Hero Points with Champions? make it impossible to do them alone. The larger, more powerful groups, more veterans in all groups, NPC that poison you from a distance, less people in certain areas to help. Bring us our Heroes for they are needed for those of us who prefer to roam alone.

Yes

@"Texas.4861" said:Since the two expansion packs have come out, you find it harder and harder to do these areas alone.

Not really.

Larger and more powerful mobs to deal with alone,

PoF mobs generally easier than HoT mobs.

the game itself is getting harder and harder with each expansion, Hero Points with Champions?Again, easier in PoF than HoT.

make it impossible to do them alone.They are demonstrably not "impossible to do alone." It could be that changing the build will make it easier for you. It could be that it might be a matter of footwork or skill usage. Here are two resources that might help:

Bring us our Heroes for they are needed for those of us who prefer to roam alone.Again, they aren't needed, since there are other ways to handle the current content that won't require adding an entirely new mechanic. Also, to what extent should an MMO cater to people who prefer the single-player aspects of the game?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Texas.4861" said:Since the two expansion packs have come out, you find it harder and harder to do these areas alone.

Not relly.

This response again. So, the poster posted, "You." Are we incapable of understanding that he means himself? Apparently winning an argument on the internet trumps everything.

Larger and more powerful mobs to deal with alone,

PoF mobs generally easier than HoT mobs.

Not at all true. Generally, the mob difficulty is quite similar. There are a few exceptions among HoT mobs, but outliers are not what we are talking about when we say, "generally," is it?

the game itself is getting harder and harder with each expansion, Hero Points with Champions?Again, easier in PoF than HoT.

Not "again," but true that there are no champion HC's in PoF.

make it impossible to do them alone.They are demonstrably not "impossible to do alone." It could be that changing the build will make it easier for you. It could be that it might be a matter of footwork or skill usage. Here are two resources that might help:

Again, the OP is talking about his experience. At least you offered advice, which is a change from the make-wrong above.

Bring us our Heroes for they are needed for those of us who prefer to roam alone.Again, they aren't
needed
, since there are other ways to handle the current content that won't require adding an entirely new mechanic. Also, to what extent should an MMO cater to people who prefer the single-player aspects of the game?

If you really wanted to be helpful, you might explain that Heroes in GW2 would be using the NPC AI that makes NPC's in story instances ineffective, so the intention -- to get companions to make soling easier -- would likely not work as the OP wished.

I would rather not see the addition of heroes as I felt they detracted from my enjoyment of gw1.

I think that an in game, in the hero panel, loadout option for builds might help. The ability to click on a button that says glass cannon, or tanky, or hybrid so that those not inclined toward buildcraft might quickly and easily load a build that matches their need and get right into the action could be very helpful.

There are those who enjoy playing in PUG's and those who do not. Guild mates are not always around and some like to do different areas. I prefer not to PUG up or depend on other players, as they are not always around in some maps or they are just doing bounties or champion runs.I love guild War and why would I go play a different, I take offense at that remark "Illconceived Was Na.9781" its tantamount to telling me I am not qualified to play Guild Wars IYO.

@"Texas.4861" said:There are those who enjoy playing in PUG's and those who do not. Guild mates are not always around and some like to do different areas. I prefer not to PUG up or depend on other players, as they are not always around in some maps or they are just doing bounties or champion runs.I love guild War and why would I go play a different, I take offense at that remark "Illconceived Was Na.9781" its tantamount to telling me I am not qualified to play Guild Wars IYO.

Yeah, get offended by his comment which didnt say you should leave the game.... grow up.He simply said that this games focus is more to play the content with others.

There is no real need for heroes and henchmen in open world. With an LFG and some patience it's always possible and almost always easy to get help for content. However dungeons and fractals PvP I would love to see heroes or henchmen. It would be more difficult due to AI, but it's better to try and solo (social anxieties keep me from grouping with strangers :'( )

Archived