Question about capture points

LaGranse.8652

Something strange happened just a moment ago. I and a guildmate was capturing a camp, the ring was up displaying our team color however just before the camp was to be captured a thief from red team attack us and even though both me and my guildmate is still inside the ring, red team gets the capture.

I cannot speak for my guildie however I personally was not using any skill that prevents capture point progress when this happened. Is this some bug, some strange gamemechanic just before a cap is successful or something else?

@Voltekka.2375 said:They contested the capture, so while the ring was up for your team by let's say 90% and then maybe your guild mate used a mass invisibility or something that affected your ability to cap (prevented cap point progress), and the enemy capped the remaining 10%.

My guildie was a herald, do they have access to such a skill?

@Voltekka.2375 said:They contested the capture, so while the ring was up for your team by let's say 90% and then maybe your guild mate used a mass invisibility or something that affected your ability to cap (prevented cap point progress), and the enemy capped the remaining 10%.

Thief would need to decap those 90% first and recap fully. Not something you can do in a second or few. This seems like a bug if that's the case.

@steki.1478 said:

Thief would need to decap those 90% first and recap fully. Not something you can do in a second or few. This seems like a bug if that's the case.

No they dont. Caps keep going no matter who is capping. Decap is only for defenders.

A long time ago I had an...embarrassing... encounter with an enemy thief. I soloed the camp and started capping it, but a thief started to fight me (not defender, another attacker). We fought for some time, back and forth. He stealthed, I gained a few ticks. I stealthed, he gained a few ticks. At 95% capped I had him very low and only needed to bait out an easy stealth for the thief... then my decoy autoprocced. Well fuck.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

No they dont. Caps keep going no matter who is capping. Decap is only for defenders.

A long time ago I had an...embarrassing... encounter with an enemy thief. I soloed the camp and started capping it, but a thief started to fight me (not defender, another attacker). We fought for some time, back and forth. He stealthed, I gained a few ticks. I stealthed, he gained a few ticks. At 95% capped I had him very low and only needed to bait out an easy stealth for the thief... then my decoy autoprocced. Well kitten.

I thought I read that thief was defender.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:They contested the capture, so while the ring was up for your team by let's say 90% and then maybe your guild mate used a mass invisibility or something that affected your ability to cap (prevented cap point progress), and the enemy capped the remaining 10%.

A long time ago I had an...embarrassing... encounter with an enemy thief. I soloed the camp and started capping it, but a thief started to fight me (not defender, another attacker). We fought for some time, back and forth. He stealthed, I gained a few ticks. I stealthed, he gained a few ticks. At 95% capped I had him very low and only needed to bait out an easy stealth for the thief... then my decoy autoprocced. Well kitten.

I've lost camps to Phase Smash on my hammer rev. It sucks not being able to use that skill to defend your camp or capture ;-(

Lol @ that thumbs down. Some people just cant comprehend so yeah...

Archived