BUG: SCRAPPERS' DEFENSE SHIELD SKILL BLOCKS UNBLOCKABLE DJ

meowmeow.9125

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:That is because the bubble reflects missile/projectile, it doesn't block.

Which is also why Hammer #2 is the best DJ counter if timed correctly.

Unblockable also means cannot be reflected too. Additionally defence shield was changed a patch or two ago to just block projectiles but also grant stab to allies to properly cement scrapper into a support role which I think was a good idea.

@apharma.3741 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:That is because the bubble reflects missile/projectile, it doesn't block.

Unblockable also means cannot be reflected too. Additionally defence shield was changed a patch or two ago to just block projectiles but also grant stab to allies to properly cement scrapper into a support role which I think was a good idea.

Yes, sorry about that, I forgot about that nerf to Defense *Field to block and not reflect. However, DJ can be reflected, I've done it with Hammer #2.

EDIT: Field not Shield

@"Turk.5460" said:Haven't had the chance to see for myself. Too busy getting "out of range" messages from targets that are 900 units away from me and my 1200 range attacks.

Sounds like my Obstructed in plain sight that I get with 5 shots in a row while standing next to a target.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

Yes, sorry about that, I forgot about that nerf to Defense *Field to block and not reflect. However, DJ can be reflected, I've done it with Hammer #2.

Unblockable projectiles effects cannot be reflected, they penetrate the reflect and apply damage just like they would a block.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

Then either DJ or these skills are bugged.

Per the wiki:

Unblockable is a property of attack skills which prevents the attack from being blocked, and in case of ranged attacks, reflected or otherwise destroyed by effects of skills.

@Menyus.4610 said:

@Menyus.4610 said:It also blocks Shadow Shot

The melee portion (damage) of Shadow Shot is not unblockable, only the projectile (blind/shadowstep).

yup and it gets blocked

If it got blocked then you wouldn't shadowstep to the target, which has never happened to me. Sure it's been evaded and I don't shadowstep. But if the projectile reaches the target and they are not evading or "Immune" (RF, Mist form, Etc...) then I will correctly shadowstep to the target. Maybe you're having some client-side lag?

Last patch changed how the dome works; now it destroys projectiles instead of reflecting

• This skill now grants 3 stacks of stability for 6 seconds on up to 5 targets within range upon its initial use, and it now blocks missiles instead of reflecting them.

@Samug.6512 said:Last patch changed how the dome works; now it destroys projectiles instead of reflecting

• This skill now grants 3 stacks of stability for 6 seconds on up to 5 targets within range upon its initial use, and it now blocks missiles instead of reflecting them.

Projectile Destruction/Absorption still does not affect unblockable projectiles. If that were the case we would not be able to DJ through a Guardian's Sword 3 or Shield 5, or Elementalist's Swirling Winds. And boy howdy I can tell you with 100% certainty that DJ's absolutely hits through those.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Per the wiki:Unblockable is a property of attack skills which prevents the attack from being blocked, and in case of ranged attacks, reflected or otherwise destroyed by effects of skills.

@Turk.5460 said:

@Menyus.4610 said:It also blocks Shadow Shot

The melee portion (damage) of Shadow Shot is not unblockable, only the projectile (blind/shadowstep).

yup and it gets blocked

If it got blocked then you wouldn't shadowstep to the target, which has never happened to me. Sure it's been
evaded
and I don't shadowstep. But if the projectile reaches the target and they are not evading or "Immune" (RF, Mist form, Etc...) then I will correctly shadowstep to the target. Maybe you're having some client-side lag?

Nope, as i said it blocks the projectile thus i aint even port to the scrapper

Archived