(WvW) Ranger Longbow Skill 5 exploited

Dear Anet,Not sure if its this update or something but Ranger Longbow skill 5 LoS is broken.There is a server exploiting this which i don't want to name.We have tested this and can confirm that a ranger from outside the wall can use "barrage" and it will hit siege on top of Supply Depot in towers.On top of wall is fine but this should not be happening where arrows reaching on top of supply depot and taking out defence siege. Los is broken.I have sent an ingame bug report as well.

That is a change that finally makes ranger useful in WvW, and judging from the patch note that went with the change, probably intended."May 08, 2018
Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight."

@"Zebulon.1850" said:That is a change that finally makes ranger useful in WvW, and judging from the patch note that went with the change, probably intended."May 08, 2018Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight."

Makes sense to me.

@"Zebulon.1850" said:That is a change that finally makes ranger useful in WvW, and judging from the patch note that went with the change, probably intended."May 08, 2018Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight."

Ah so it was a change. Engis could have a valid argument regarding this as well.Engi elite "Mortar" can aim on top of Supply Depot as well but is blocked by the LoS.

• 2 weeks later...

@Linken.6345 said:

@Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:It's not a bug as it was actually bugged before with it needing LoS, I remember patch notes that even said that. It makes sense since you're shooting arrows in a giant arc.

true but were the hell is that ranger shooting from to get the aoe aimed there.

In the pic from where i'm standing, he was on the left hugging the gate.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:It's not a bug as it was actually bugged before with it needing LoS, I remember patch notes that even said that. It makes sense since you're shooting arrows in a giant arc.

true but were the hell is that ranger shooting from to get the aoe aimed there.

In the pic from where i'm standing, he was on the left hugging the gate.

Now I'm curious, that situation seems very familiar to me lol. What world are you?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Zebulon.1850" said:That is a change that finally makes ranger useful in WvW, and judging from the patch note that went with the change, probably intended."May 08, 2018

Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight."

Makes sense to me.

Makes sense to me as well especially when we consider that the Eles can drop Meteor Shower and accomplish the same thing as Ranger LB 5.

@"Sleepwalker.1398" said:Few more screenshot. This time at Aldon's.https://imgur.com/a/hhHZtPZ

Ranger•Barrage: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight.

Reference:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/39192/game-update-notes-may-8-2018#latest

Apparently, this was some 6 year old Ranger Barrage skill bug that Anet fixed finally. I guess Barrage was not intended to really need line of sight to fire; in essence making it work similar to that of Arrow-carts.

Archived