Customer Support Status: Updated 6 September 2018

• ArenaNet Staff

Our Customer Support Team currently is experiencing higher than average wait times due to an increase in tickets. The average wait time is between one and two weeks for the majority of people. This is not acceptable to us, and we are doing everything we can to address the delays, including adding more service staff to the team. Our support team is staffed 24/7 and is working hard to make sure everyone receives a response that is as fast, accurate, and thorough as possible. If you've submitted a ticket recently and have not received a reply, please know that we have not forgotten about you. We will make sure everyone receives a response.

Helpful Tips for Faster Replies

• Submit a ticket using the e-mail address associated with your ArenaNet account. Your ArenaNet account generally is the e-mail address that you use to log in to the game.
  • You may submit a ticket anonymously, but… we will need to go through an account verification process to keep your account safe, which may lead to delays.
  • Submit a single ticket on an issue. If you need to add more info, update the existing ticket by either logging in to the support site and updating the ticket, or replying to the e-mail sent to you when the ticket was created.
  • Don't send duplicate tickets: Duplicate tickets delay responses for you and for everyone else who needs help, because agents must take the time to close out the duplicates, which delays the resolution of each issue. Please update your existing ticket.
  • You may check to confirm we received your request. We send a confirmation whenever we receive a ticket, whether you send it to us through the website or through e-mail. If it appears you did not receive a confirmation e-mail stating that we received your request, please check your "Spam" and "Deleted" folders to be sure it wasn't misfiled within your e-mail account. If you do not locate the confirmation e-mail, you can log into the support site and check your account to ensure the ticket was received.
  • Be detailed: Quite a few tickets don't have enough detail to allow us to help, so please be sure to include as much information as possible in your initial contact, and update your ticket with any additional information that an agent requests.
  • Ticket or E-mail Attachments: At the present time, we do not receive files attached to an initial ticket or e-mail. If you need to attach a file, you may do so by replying to the email response stating we have received your ticket.

We appreciate your patience while we work on this situation.

Note: We are posting today in English, and will post in French, German, and Spanish on Tuesday, when we have localized content.

• 2 months later...
  • ArenaNet Staff

Update as of 6 September 2018:

The CS Team has done a great job in answering the heavy volume of tickets that we experienced early in the summer. While each ticket is unique, and response times can vary, most tickets are getting an answer from a CS rep in a few days, rather than the longer time that was needed in June and July. These wait times are continuing to fall, and we are working to get our average response times back under 24 hours for all languages. Thanks for your patience during the heavy volume period, and for your continued support!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

The CS Team has done a great job in answering the heavy volume of tickets that we experienced early in the summer. While each ticket is unique, and response times can vary, most tickets are getting an answer from a CS rep in a few days, rather than the longer time that was needed in June and July. These wait times are continuing to fall, and we are working to get our average response times back under 24 hours for all languages. Thanks for your patience during the heavy volume period, and for your continued support!

I have a ticket open since almost 5 days, and still no reply on it, not even sure it was looked at it at all :\

well I same been 5 day s and I on my alt acc not give tick number they know and I am dev my self other company don't take that long gm see take 2 mins for it anet anser I know gray sure bussy lot probles game on job I know not easy should not take this long anser tickit that all say :)

@Andreakos.5934 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

I have a ticket open since almost 5 days, and still no reply on it, not even sure it was looked at it at all :\

If you re-read the announcement, it doesn't say that all tickets are getting handled quickly. Here are the relevant points

• "Wait times are continuing to fall"
  • "...working to get ... response times back under 24 hours..."

So I imagine there are quite a few tickets that will be taking more than 3 days to get a response.

Hello everyone,

When I see that post, I must say my story with the support but first, I need to apologize for any english mystakes because I'm french and I don't use any translator.In Jully 27 I sent a ticket to the support with an account which got an expansion. My account got stolen and I needed help to get it back.Around 3 weeks after, I had a reply saying to me that they were sorry for the delay but they investigated. They told me that my account was banned because of a gem shop fraud with the bank in december 2017 (I stopped gw2 around November 2017) but they saw that I was the owner and my account got compromised. They decided to, exceptionally, unban it. BUT they forget the purpose of my ticket which was to get it back. I found by myselfs the new logs of the mail and tried to connect but the hacker put a phone number on the account so I just sent to him 2 SMS. He noticed that the account was unbanned and asked the support to change the mail because it was "compromised" (He had no access anymore, I changed everything) and the support just closed my tickets and changed the mail for him without asking anything, as far as I was replying on the same ticket on him.

As a conclusion, I just gave all the information, my time and everything to unban my account that I didn't even know that it was ban to permit to the hacker to play on it. That's really ... Frustrating as far as it's been 1 month and a half I'm trying to get it back but the french support don't answer anymore.I just created a ticket (7072321) in english and I hope that I'll not talk to the same GM which reply on every of my french tickets.

I'm sorry for this, it's just ... I'm quite disheartened and angry at the same time because I don't understand anything to what's happening and it's like an incredible big joke happening around me.

I didn't mean to blame the support because I know you're doing your best and the other time I met you, you were really cool guys, but I needed to expose my problem somewhere to get some help.

Nathan.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Try replying again and asking for an escalation, pointing out the original date it was created and the lack of substantive responses. That has some chance to cause an additional delay, but I'd risk it because I'd still want someone senior to take a look. Partly because I'd want someone likely to be able to deal with the request easily. And partly because after resolving the primary issue, when they ask, "is there anything else," I'd be able to say, "yeah, look at the elapsed time on this — can you find out why this took so long? Even if you can't tell me the details, can you make sure it doesn't happen to others?"

Thank you for the tip, sad to say it hasn't borne fruit so far. I'll keep waiting in case four days is just too little time, though.

I'm starting to become a bit skeptical about the response times being shorter, to be honest. Either that or I'm intentionally being ignored. Or I just might be extremely unlucky, since my ticket has had activity every couple of days other than me trying to ask what the status of my ticket is on the support's end and just generally keeping it updated so it won't just fall through the cracks due to inactivity.

Ok, 99% sure there's malicious intent behind my ticket being ignored. It's been two months, there's been activity other than me at least every two to three days throughout and the ticket's been closed thrice without reason. This mistreatment has caused me considerable undue stress, anxiety and pain.

• 2 weeks later...

Over many games that I've played, and I've played games that have a bigger player pool (not MMORPGs), I've found that GW2 has the best customer support by far. Talk about LoL for instance, tens of millions of players, billions of in-come, yet they have the worst customer support any considerably big company could have.

@Daguman.2876 said:It has been over 3 weeks and my trouble tickets has not been resolved: 7089263, 7096244, 7094527, 7091697, 7089296, 7089755 and so on.

If those tickets are all for the same issue(s), close all but the original and only update said original. Each duplicate ticket submitted sends you to the back of the queue.

Good luck.

Made a ticket 12 days ago. 5 days ago I got an answer from a GM that did not seem to have much clue about the issue. I answered him and since then I am waiting again.It is sad to see the quality of costumer support to go down so fast over the years. Back in the old days you used to get tickets resolved in 1-2 days despite a probably much larger player count.Anet must have laid off like 80% of their support staff for this to make any sense.

It's kind of annoying to pay almost $90 for game and upgrades and have the game not allowing me to access said upgrades and telling me I need to buy it. (Yes, I used the serial number and it won't take the serial number again.) I bought the game, and Deluxe Collection Path of Fire AND Heart of Thorns upgrades but ONLY Path of Fire unlocked. I submitted a ticket, #7108380, and so far crickets. I'm new to this game, but played another shall-be-unnamed huge MMO for many years and always got prompt customer service there.....really want to stay with this game especially as Im into it for over $100 now, but so far not impressed with customer service or ease of installing and accessing product.

Archived