What back piece is this?

I was in AB and I saw somebody with some light-based wings that looked very much like the angels in Diablo 3(Tyrael etc.), except they were a crimson red. Instead of asking the person what they were I figured I'd just check later through the wardrobe but nothing even looks remotely close to them and sadly I can't remember the persons name to whisper them.

I'm afraid I don't have a picture or this would be way easier. You can't dye backpacks so it's not the Mursaats or Schelerite(kind of looks like it but wrong color and not moving enough).

@Khisanth.2948 said:That is not a back piece. It is the t3 wvw chest armor. Requires rank 2000 to buy. Search for sublime. They are red because it can be dyed.

Do all 3 versions have the glowing lines coming off? The Wiki only includes pictures for the light version, but I'm not sure if it's just that no one's uploaded them for the other two. I was thinking of getting this for my ranger (one day, if I ever get the WvW rank) but if it does that I might stick with a lower tier version.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:That is not a back piece. It is the t3 wvw chest armor. Requires rank 2000 to buy. Search for sublime. They are red because it can be dyed.

Do all 3 versions have the glowing lines coming off? The Wiki only includes pictures for the light version, but I'm not sure if it's just that no one's uploaded them for the other two. I was thinking of getting this for my ranger (one day, if I ever get the WvW rank) but if it does that I might stick with a lower tier version.

I think they all have it, but there is a version without the tendrils that's unlocked at the same time, if I've understood correctly. (That is, you unlock both versions at the same time)

Only the Sublime Mistforged Triumphant version (expensive one) has the visual effect.tD8DXI2.jpgThe messed up thing is if you build legendary wvw armour using the cheaper asc. armour, the legendary armour will also not have the light effect. Thats the mistake I made. So I had to buy the sublime ascended chest piece afterwards and transmute my legendary armour to get the light trails. They designed the whole process making legendary wvw armour very badly.

@"Solaris.2489" said:Only the Sublime Mistforged Triumphant version (expensive one) has the visual effect.tD8DXI2.jpgThe messed up thing is if you build legendary wvw armour using the cheaper asc. armour, the legendary armour will also not have the light effect. Thats the mistake I made. So I had to buy the sublime ascended chest piece afterwards and transmute my legendary armour to get the light trails. They designed the whole process making legendary wvw armour very badly.

But.. they are different skins. What does the legendary have to do with it?

The legendary wvw armour does not have a unique skin, it will have the exact skin as the ascended armour you use to craft it. Here you can see the original legendary armour I built using the non sublime ascended armour. Notice there is no visual effect.1neitfi.jpg

@"Solaris.2489" said:The legendary wvw armour does not have a unique skin, it will have the exact skin as the ascended armour you use to craft it. Here you can see the original legendary armour I built using the non sublime ascended armour. Notice there is no visual effect.1neitfi.jpg

Yea and why should it work any diffrently?

@Linken.6345 said:Yea and why should it work any diffrently?

I kind of went offtopic, but my point is legendary armour should be a unique skin like the raid version. The WvW legendary armour not only has 2 different possible skins per weight class (and most people dont know this), but neither of them is unique. There is literally no point upgrading sublime mistforged ascended armour to legendary because it looks exactly the same. The only advantage is being able to swap runes for free, its debatable if thats worth the huge amount of material required for the upgrade.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:That is not a back piece. It is the t3 wvw chest armor. Requires rank 2000 to buy. Search for sublime. They are red because it can be dyed.

I
think
they all have it,
but
there is a version without the tendrils that's unlocked at the same time, if I've understood correctly. (That is, you unlock both versions at the same time)

This is correct - All 3 weights (Light, Medium and Heavy) have the glowing lines... aka tendrils.

And like Tanner said, when you acquire the Sublime Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Breastplate (2K WvW Rank version), you unlock it with and without tendrils. So you have the choice of wearing the tendrils or not and still have that "glow."

I personally have the Full Medium and Heavy T3 WvW sets and switch regularly from showing the tendrils and not showing them via the wardrobe system. :smile:

Cheers!

Archived