Aquatic Stance needs a rework. It isn't just weak. It's completely useless.

DavyMcB.1603

It's so useless in its current state that if it gets deleted, no one would notice. Let's compare it to other healing skills untraited;

-Glyph heals a ton with the same cooldown and give you a decent duration boon. Even more boon traited and it lies neatly in DPS traitline (air) in case you feel like buffing your heal a bit-Ether renewal has slightly shorter cooldown and less heal but 8 condi cleanse which is an obvious strength if your build is short on cleanse. Vigor and regen traited, not bad even though you have to get into water line, which isn't too bad as most general purpose builds require some defense line (earth v water v arcane)-Arcane brilliance, slightly longer CD but equally potent heal with DMG and tied to a grand master so it has more dmg/utility.-Aquatic stance has average heal. the heal per hit effect is goddamn awful, CD as long as other skills and the traited version gives you ONE 4-sec stability? AT THE END of the cast? so aka useless. And why is this skill randomly the only support out of the entire spec? Is that the reason (which is completely unfounded even that's the case) why it's so crappy?

Why is this skill still here? On top of being weak, it literally offers no differentiated advantage, it can't even qualify as a meme or niche skill.

Please rework it. My quick suggestion is to maybe make it a 6 sec buff that channels heal (buff the heal and get rid of the pointless AoE heal effect) on you every second and clean 2 condi when you swap attunement?

(PVP) From my perspective the issues starts with hitting things with it...with sword...that is bad generally at hitting reliably things in pvp...it could work with dagger...but weaver dagger is more or less unplayable in conquest.

It could be interesting...just the fact that it could be used to get many rune's proc's thanks to ammunition mechanics...group utility...another source of stability... but it just can't right now compete with signet of restoration...not for offensive builds at least.

For me, the funniest thing about Aquatic Stance is that it cannot be used underwater.

Your suggestion seems like you want to have this heal made into a version of Ether Renewal (a middling to sub-par heal due to its long channel/cast time, btw) with a conditional, not innate, condi cleanse. The reason Aquatic Stance doesn't have an advantage any of the other available heals do not cover is because its potential selling points are underpowered. Personally, I'm fine with the idea of an aoe healing ability triggered by the user's attacks - that's different and interesting. No need for a redesign. Making it work, however... At the very least its aoe needs to be larger and it could do with having its healing power coefficient increased.

@Feanor.2358 said:I actually run Aquatic Stance in some cases (mostly on KC) for the AOE heal. A bit niche, true, but your suggestion makes it even worse in PvE.

How quick were you to write that edgy comment without even reading that I said it's not even niche? The whole spec is selfish buff through and through and then there's one pointess AoE heal effect which no sane weavers would spec into healing to buff it to begin with. No one's gonna miss that pathetic 570 per hit per sec AoE heal. The skill doesn't give any real advantages over other heal. It sucks at what it's supposed to do as AoE heal and it doesn't even fit into the spec thematically.

@DavyMcB.1603 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:I actually run Aquatic Stance in some cases (mostly on KC) for the AOE heal. A bit niche, true, but your suggestion makes it even worse in PvE.

How quick were you to write that edgy comment without even reading that I said it's not even niche? The whole spec is selfish buff through and through and then there's one pointess AoE heal effect which no sane weavers would spec into healing to buff it to begin with. No one's gonna miss that pathetic 570 per hit per sec AoE heal. The skill doesn't give any real advantages over other heal. It sucks at what it's supposed to do as AoE heal and it doesn't even fit into the spec thematically.

Except it does give a real advantage in the scenario I gave. Yeah, it's a small heal. Yeah, I have 0 healing power and I don't intend to have more. It still helps.

• 2 weeks later...

From a pvpers perspective: For it to compete with signet of restoration if you take any healing power at all it would need to be buffed an insane amount. Signet of restoration scales insanely well with healing power to the point that once you have healing power Signet destroys every other heal by a long shot. It would be interesting to make stance heal a selfish heal (weaver is almost fully selfish, odd that they gave them a support ability at all) that does well for builds with no healing power. Make it a 1/4s cast time decent heal on a 20s cd that gives a buff for 10s that gives barrier on hit that doesn't scale with healing power at all. It's like a psuedo Signet of Restoration that has to be cast and works perfectly for dps amulets.

It's honestly pretty annoying that healing power just so happens to be such an influential stat for personal survivability. Luckily Weaver still does pretty great damage and pressure with amulets like Menders and Celestial.

Archived