give Reaper Touch same treatment as Ray of Judgment

DragonFury.6243

Question is would be fair to have a non projectile near instant possibly multi hit high damage skill with 1200 range that applies heavy vuln, and generates life force?

I can see it being over powered then nerfed to being under powered or just out right being underpowered from the start.

After a few years of necromancer I have to admit I've become a bit bitter... It's always like:Anet: Necromancer's community are you here???!!!Nec: Yeaaaah!!!!Anet: Today we will show you something you've long for way to long!!!Nec: Oooooh!!!Anet: today we will make your suggestion come true!!!Nec: Woooooow!!!!Anet: today this change you've suggested we will make it in game...Nec: Oh god finally! we trusted you!!!Anet: on another profession.Nec: depressedAnet: Yeah! that's how I like my necros!

@Dadnir.5038 said:After a few years of necromancer I have to admit I've become a bit bitter... It's always like:Anet: Necromancer's community are you here???!!!Nec: Yeaaaah!!!!Anet: Today we will show you something you've long for way to long!!!Nec: Oooooh!!!Anet: today we will make your suggestion come true!!!Nec: Woooooow!!!!Anet: today this change you've suggested we will make it in game...Nec: Oh god finally! we trusted you!!!Anet: on another profession.Nec: depressedAnet: Yeah! that's how I like my necros!

that just make me the happiest depressed necromancer on Tyria

Not a bad idea. I could see the projectile remaining until it hits the target, then it gets replaced with a visual of a shadow scythe flying around the target, slashing it a few times.

Perhaps change it to the following:

Reaper's TouchSend a spectral scythe to slash your target. You gain Regeneration and Life Force for each strike.Damage: (3x) 744 (.75 Power coefficient per strike)Number of strikes: 3Regeneration: 4sVulnerability: 4 stacks (10 s)Duration: 1 secondLife Force: 5% per strikeRange: 1,200

End result: loses potential for bouncing between two enemies, but becomes much more reliable. Regeneration duration is overall buffed as a tradeoff for no possibility of granting it to others. Single-target damage, damage per-strike, single-target vulnerability, and maximum life force to the Necromancer are all unchanged.

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:multi hit high damage skilli didn't asked for a damage buff its too much to ask ArenaNet that as a necromancer

The damage on focus 4 can actually be rather impressive if you get it to bounce only between yourself and a single target. which i think accounts to 3 hits. Im not saying it would need a damage buff but at its current damage to be an 1200 range near instant non projectile 3 or more hits at its current damage would be rather strong.

Then again to match the axe maybe that s how it should be axe uses no projectiles and has some hard hitting ranged attacks as well and the trait in spite is set to work with both weapons at the same time. why shouldnt those weapons have similar properties. right... right.... RIIIGHTT!?!?!?

@Sublimatio.6981 said:yes! i would love this very much, though for aesthetic reason it would be cool to have a projectile somewhere (lege focus reasons etc)maybe more like send a projectile and if it hits, foe gets ticking direct damage/spawns aoe field

Meh, as a frequent Binding of Ipos user I'd happily give up the projectile. Make it a single non projectile attack like focus 5, putting all the damage and vul into one hit. Then remove the regen and replace with either might, fury or quickness on hit.

@Dadnir.5038 said:After a few years of necromancer I have to admit I've become a bit bitter... It's always like:Anet: Necromancer's community are you here???!!!Nec: Yeaaaah!!!!Anet: Today we will show you something you've long for way to long!!!Nec: Oooooh!!!Anet: today we will make your suggestion come true!!!Nec: Woooooow!!!!Anet: today this change you've suggested we will make it in game...Nec: Oh god finally! we trusted you!!!Anet: on another profession.Nec: depressedAnet: Yeah! that's how I like my necros!

Anet: Dagger damage buff.... on thief!Necros: -.-Anet: Focus 4 rework... on guardian!Necros: -.-Anet: We're giving you back the old Target the Weak trait!Necros: Really?!Anet: Oh sorry no, Thief gets that. They need the extra damage you see.Necros: -.-

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:multi hit high damage skilli didn't asked for a damage buff its too much to ask ArenaNet that as a necromancer

The damage on focus 4 can actually be rather impressive if you get it to bounce only between yourself and a single target. which i think accounts to 3 hits. Im not saying it would need a damage buff but at its current damage to be an 1200 range near instant non projectile 3 or more hits at its current damage would be rather strong.

Then again to match the axe maybe that s how it should be axe uses no projectiles and has some hard hitting ranged attacks as well and the trait in spite is set to work with both weapons at the same time. why shouldnt those weapons have similar properties. right... right.... RIIIGHTT!?!?!?

right :)

@DragonFury.6243 said:No BouncingAnd The Reaper Touch Projectile Animation can be still be used as if it homing around the target after he get hit with itsimple no buff no nerf just QOLjust do it !!is it that hard to give the power necro a proper off hand power weapon?

How about multiple projectiles, maybe 5? Medium speed, maybe takes 1.5s to get to the target if launched from 1200 range. Can do the same thing as Focus 4 currently does, maybe 3 stacks of vuln and 2% LF per projectile. Would be fun, in sPvP it would be useful because it applies pressure and would force out a dodge or a block.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:After a few years of necromancer I have to admit I've become a bit bitter... It's always like:Anet: Necromancer's community are you here???!!!Nec: Yeaaaah!!!!Anet: Today we will show you something you've long for way to long!!!Nec: Oooooh!!!Anet: today we will make your suggestion come true!!!Nec: Woooooow!!!!Anet: today this change you've suggested we will make it in game...Nec: Oh god finally! we trusted you!!!Anet: on another profession.Nec:
depressed
Anet: Yeah! that's how I like my necros!

Anet: Dagger damage buff.... on thief!Necros: -.-Anet: Focus 4 rework... on guardian!Necros: -.-Anet: We're giving you back the old Target the Weak trait!Necros: Really?!Anet: Oh sorry no, Thief gets that. They need the extra damage you see.Necros: -.-

Let's look at the bright side of life instead. They didn't find any other profession with an elite pet unavailable underwater and now we have a freaking undead shark underwater pet!!!!

Archived