Griffon Race Master Course Has WAY Too Much Visual Clutter.

As the title says, it's ridiculous...

The game runs smooth on my machine, but holy crap, coming out of that first dive by the pirate ship and then again when u enter the cave is ridiculous... Controls become impossibly laggy/choppy and there's tons of objects to insta fail you that don't even visually load in time (especially inside the cave.)

It's sad cuz Griffon Adventures are always my favorite part of new maps, but this one is basically unwinnable unless you just do it enough to know when to pull up blind and also what invisible walls/lanterns/ropes/baskets/etc lurk to fail you in the caves. I don't really expect any changes, but I just hope anet can keep these sorts of things in mind when they design future courses...

Agreed. It's rather simple to do everything but the last two parts. And once you get the timing on the cave, even that isn't all that difficult. It was the first one that I didn't get frustrated for running into stupid things by the nature of the run. It felt legitimately difficult and the issues I was having I couldn't brush off as mechanics but that it's a hard run.

It seems according to Dulfy that this is needed to get the festival Meta - im getting truly fed up of LS and festival maps that no longer give ANY room for choice by requiring all of the achievs with no spares.

I cant do this my wrists are too dodgy therefore no gloves for me :(

@Dante.1763 said:Thats..what makes it the master course i thought? If the cave wasnt hard it would be very easy to make it through, i mean, its not that hard now but it would be a ton easier without all that stuff.

But it has nothing to do with all the stuff being obstacles or the difficulty of actually maneuvering it and more with the fact that they used 4,000 different individual objects instead of several larger ones of a similar shape which created a funnel of lag and and causes many objects to not load visually. It took me like 6 runs before I realized there was another building I kept hitting inside the cave that just wasn't loading and it wasn't cuz of a dangling rope or a paper lantern... I mean, you could say to go buy a better computer, but this is literally the first and only area in the game that I've run into any sort of performance issues. It's like anet knows this is a potential problem too, because they limit item clutter in guild hall decorations to avoid performance bombing people, but then just threw it out the window here. (Probably because this was an old map being updated with new content, so it was easier to just keep slapping new things on top of old things.)

I don't think you could seriously suggest that they're intentionally creating zones of performance lag to increase the difficulty level, right?

I did eventually finish this achieve, just from memorizing where insta-fails that might not have loaded were... But like, c'mon.

@narcx.3570 said:

@Dante.1763 said:Thats..what makes it the master course i thought? If the cave wasnt hard it would be very easy to make it through, i mean, its not that hard
now
but it would be a ton easier without all that stuff.

But it has nothing to do with all the stuff being obstacles or the difficulty of actually maneuvering it and more with the fact that they used 4,000 different individual objects instead of several larger ones of a similar shape which created a funnel of lag and and causes many objects to not load visually. It took me like 6 runs before I realized there was another building I kept hitting inside the cave that just wasn't loading and it wasn't cuz of a dangling rope or a paper lantern... I mean, you could say to go buy a better computer, but this is literally the first and only area in the game that I've run into any sort of performance issues. It's like anet knows this is a potential problem too, because they limit item clutter in guild hall decorations to avoid performance bombing people, but then just threw it out the window here. (Probably because this was an old map being updated with new content, so it was easier to just keep slapping new things on top of old things.)

I don't think you could seriously suggest that they're intentionally creating zones of performance lag to increase the difficulty level, right?

I did eventually finish this achieve, just from memorizing where insta-fails that might not have loaded were... But like, c'mon.

No. What i am saying is that without all that stuff there it would just be a tunnel that you could glide through without issues. I had no idea people had issues with stuff loading there because i dont have that problem, and even without it it still took a bunch of tries because of the smallness of the area. Its for sure not anets fault that your computer cannot load the area as small as it is, and theres really not all that much in that map to begin with there are however a ton of players that can fit in that map for how small it is so that may be a factor too.

@Dante.1763 said:No. What i am saying is that without all that stuff there it would just be a tunnel that you could glide through without issues. I had no idea people had issues with stuff loading there because i dont have that problem, and even without it it still took a bunch of tries because of the smallness of the area. Its for sure not anets fault that your computer cannot load the area as small as it is, and theres really not all that much in that map to begin with there are however a ton of players that can fit in that map for how small it is so that may be a factor too.

Not really, that course has enough mechanical complexity in it to be a master course without the extra baggage on screen. Even that baggage isn't consistent which i find a more egregious problem. Some wires are fine to touch while others instantly remove all momentum.

@Blocki.4931 said:Barely any of it has collision and you only have to watch out for the lanterns.. nothing wrong with it being challenging for one reason or another. It's a narrow space and you're moving fast, get better at flying

Dude i've already completed it. It's not a matter of get gud for me.

It's me giving adequate feedback on the collision that isn't consistent which need to be addressed.

Archived