Mount Selection Bugged? [Answered]

Today I purchased the new 1800 gem mount adoption license that gives 5 skins. I was rather disappointed I didn't get any that I liked that were previewed on Dulfy. I went over the mounts in my characters mount selection screen and most of them don't show on the preview screen as locked, unfortunately these were the "nice" ones. I think if you were going to make the pack only give "some" of the new skins I should have been forewarned. Is this a glitch? For example the beetle skins that should show include "primevil' and "trailblazer". The preview for the available skins didn't work on the trading post.

It's not a bug; Gain a random mount skin that you do not already own from the Black Lion Stables. Right-click to preview available mount skins.When in doubt, the Wiki always provides ample information: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Racer_Mount_Adoption_LicenseYou can use Dulfy for screenshots; often before the items are even released.

Good luck.

I got the Desert Racer 5 pack of random adoption licenses which should operate from a "pool" of 15 skins. What I am saying is that "pool" is wrong!! It should show on the list of locked mount skins and some do and some don't, so its a ripoff because a lot of those skins are not available to me!!!!

Sneakr, from what I'm seeing, none of the mount skins in the Hero Panel are from the Desert Racer License set, and the "Right click to preview" from the BLC License option doesn't work (not for me anyway and never has). So what mount skins you're seeing in the Hero Panel ARE NOT from the Desert Racer set. Anet forgot to put the new skins in there. :confused:

NOTE: All the Desert skins will read in the Hero Panel description once they're actually in the Hero Panel - "This Mount skin can only be acquired through the Desert Racer mount licenses..." (just like how the Istani Isles mount skins read). And none of them say that "Desert Racer mount licenses" comment atm.

I submitted a bug report for it:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/50177/desert-racer-mount-preview-not-working#latest

Upon further review of the locked mount panel the only new skins showing are the ones I got. The other ten skins don't show. I didn't get a single skin I liked. I got Dune Mastiff, Arid hammerhead, Painted mesa bunny, colossal ladybird and funerary scarab. I seems odd that the ones I liked were all "opposite" to what I hoped for. Seems as usual I have bad luck. Too bad it was so expensive!!! I'm just ready to quit, they couldn't have planned that one better to rip me off.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Krypto.2069" said:Sneakr, from what I'm seeing, none of the mount skins in the Hero Panel are from the Desert Racer License set, and the "Right click to preview" from the BLC License option doesn't work (not for me anyway and never has). So what mount skins you're seeing in the Hero Panel ARE NOT from the Desert Racer set. Anet forgot to put the new skins in there. :confused:

NOTE: All the Desert skins will read in the Hero Panel description once they're actually in the Hero Panel - "This Mount skin can only be acquired through the Desert Racer mount licenses..." (just like how the Istani Isles mount skins read). And none of them say that "Desert Racer mount licenses" comment atm.

I submitted a bug report for it:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/50177/desert-racer-mount-preview-not-working#latest

Actually, previews require a full build, and the newest skins rolled out without such a build. The preview functionality will be available upon the release of our next full game build. Thanks for understanding.

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Sneakr.3679" said:Upon further review of the locked mount panel the only new skins showing are the ones I got. The other ten skins don't show. I didn't get a single skin I liked. I got Dune Mastiff, Arid hammerhead, Painted mesa bunny, colossal ladybird and funerary scarab. I seems odd that the ones I liked were all "opposite" to what I hoped for. Seems as usual I have bad luck. Too bad it was so expensive!!! I'm just ready to quit, they couldn't have planned that one better to rip me off.

I don't understand how you feel that knowingly buying a random pack is a form of "rip off." I'm sorry that you didn't get what you hoped for, but can you explain why you consider getting random skins, in a random pack, to be somehow unfair?

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@"Krypto.2069" said:Sneakr, from what I'm seeing, none of the mount skins in the Hero Panel are from the Desert Racer License set, and the "Right click to preview" from the BLC License option doesn't work (not for me anyway and never has). So what mount skins you're seeing in the Hero Panel
ARE NOT
from the Desert Racer set. Anet
forgot
to put the new skins in there. :confused:

NOTE: All the Desert skins will read in the Hero Panel description once they're actually
in
the Hero Panel - "This Mount skin can only be acquired through the
Desert Racer
mount licenses..." (just like how the Istani Isles mount skins read). And none of them say that "Desert Racer mount licenses" comment atm.

I submitted a bug report for it:

Actually, previews require a full build, and the newest skins rolled out without such a build. The preview functionality will be available upon the release of our next full game build. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks for that! Very useful information for future reference. :D

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@"Krypto.2069" said:Sneakr, from what I'm seeing, none of the mount skins in the Hero Panel are from the Desert Racer License set, and the "Right click to preview" from the BLC License option doesn't work (not for me anyway and never has). So what mount skins you're seeing in the Hero Panel
ARE NOT
forgot

NOTE: All the Desert skins will read in the Hero Panel description once they're actually
in
Desert Racer
mount licenses..." (just like how the Istani Isles mount skins read). And none of them say that "Desert Racer mount licenses" comment atm.

Gaile, out of curiosity is there a way to allow previews of the mount kits In the Trading Post? It would be a great functionality help so we dont have to exit the game each time we want to see which mounts are in what license!

• ArenaNet Staff

@JDub.1530 said:

ARE NOT
forgot

in
Desert Racer

Thanks for that! Very useful information for future reference. :D

You're welcome. It was something I didn't know until about an hour ago, myself! :)

@Dante.1763 said:

ARE NOT
forgot

in
Desert Racer

Gaile, out of curiosity is there a way to allow previews of the mount kits
In
the Trading Post? It would be a great functionality help so we dont have to exit the game each time we want to see which mounts are in what license!

I don't know if that's a possibility, or something that may be implemented in the future. Let me see if I can find out about that.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

ARE NOT
forgot

in
Desert Racer

That seems like poor planning by ArenaNet! I suspect most people would want to see a preview before deciding whether they want to spend real money on making a purchase. I know there are external sources that we can use to view all sorts of things, including images of these new mount skins, but shouldn't such previews be available in-game when the items actually become available to purchase instead of at a later date when the team decides to do a full build? Would you purchase something without knowing what you're likely to get?

@"Sneakr.3679" said:I got the Desert Racer 5 pack of random adoption licenses which should operate from a "pool" of 15 skins. What I am saying is that "pool" is wrong!! It should show on the list of locked mount skins and some do and some don't, so its a ripoff because a lot of those skins are not available to me!!!!

The pool was not wrong; it was all 15 new ones. After you unlocked them then they were visible in your panel. I got the Desert Racer 5 pack and got Mirror Masked jackal, Primeval beetle, Storm Chaser griffon, Starscale raptor, and Kourna Jackrabbit springer. Then I got another 5-pack and now I have all the ones I truly wanted. Very happy with them.

I do think more people would be liable to purchase them if they could preview them in the Mounts panel, Gaile.

Archived