When your team mates falls in battle do you rez?

Icemanfrost.5428

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When to revive and when to let die? - So a team mate gets downed. Is it a good idea to try and revive him? Real simple: If it looks like the player who will be attempting the revive is going to get caught in a big cleave trap and also get downed himself, then no it isn't worth it. If the player attempting the revive has skills ready that will allow him to pull off the revive, such as stabilities, blocks, invulns, condi clears, ect.., then yes it is worth it. When sizing up a said given situation, just stop, look two steps ahead and use common sense. Remember that one player being sent into stagger is only half as bad as two players being sent into stagger.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:When to revive and when to let die? - So a team mate gets downed. Is it a good idea to try and revive him? Real simple: If it looks like the player who will be attempting the revive is going to get caught in a big cleave trap and also get downed himself, then no it isn't worth it. If the player attempting the revive has skills ready that will allow him to pull off the revive, such as stabilities, blocks, invulns, condi clears, ect.., then yes it is worth it. When sizing up a said given situation, just stop, look two steps ahead and use common sense. Remember that one player being sent into stagger is only half as bad as two players being sent into stagger.

Morally if I die I'd rather die trying to save someone else. I can tell when I go down in PVP, they are thinking about bringing me back alive. They hover around me and shoot the foe. I always try to rez, even if I know I won't make it. I don't know enough about boobs to know what one to use in the situation I just think people should do whateer for the team

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:Morally if I die I'd rather die trying to save someone else. (...)

First thing in helping in an accident is to look after your own life. :wink: It can - in the end - save a lot more lifes, especially your own. That's also the case for team fights in GW2. I am not a fan of Hollywood's heroism, in reality such things very very often go horribly wrong.

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:(...) I don't know enough about boobs (...)

:lol: Freudian slip?

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:Morally if I die I'd rather die trying to save someone else. (...)

First thing in helping in an accident is to look after your own life. :wink: It can - in the end - save a lot more lifes, especially your own. That's also the case for team fights in GW2. I am not a fan of Hollywood's heroism, in reality such things very very often go horribly wrong.

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:(...) I don't know enough about boobs (...)

:lol: Freudian slip?

LMAO. Oh wow I did not notice that. It must be very early when I wrote that.

I meant I don't know much about boons LOL

I think it depends. If you have teammates on the way and you know the res won't be successful, then pull back to help your teammates when they get there. You could also try to pull the enemies away from the downed guy so your teammates can come in and res while the enemies are distracted.

If you're a scrapper or specced for rezzing fast, then go for it lol. ;)

@Coyote.8391 said:I think it depends. If you have teammates on the way and you know the res won't be successful, then pull back to help your teammates when they get there. You could also try to pull the enemies away from the downed guy so your teammates can come in and res while the enemies are distracted.

I try to help them out in my mind it goes like this. I am going likely be downed. why not show my support for the team but true its possible you could get away or even defend them off. It's always a risk to help a downed guy. Sometimes I don't attack the other team if they're helping a downed guy that's team support

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

@Coyote.8391 said:I think it depends. If you have teammates on the way and you know the res won't be successful, then pull back to help your teammates when they get there. You could also try to pull the enemies away from the downed guy so your teammates can come in and res while the enemies are distracted.

I try to help them out in my mind it goes like this. I am going likely be downed. why not show my support for the team but true its possible you could get away or even defend them off. It's always a risk to help a downed guy. Sometimes I don't attack the other team if they're helping a downed guy that's team support

You gotta attack the downed and the people rezzing them. Be merciless!! That's how you win!

Also, it's better to not Rez your teammates and live than to die trying to Rez them. You can still be useful elsewhere if you're alive, but not if you're on respawn.

@Coyote.8391 said:

You gotta attack the downed and the people rezzing them. Be merciless!! That's how you win!

Also, it's better to not Rez your teammates and live than to die trying to Rez them. You can still be useful elsewhere if you're alive, but not if you're on respawn.

I know but being that ruthless is hard. I'll feel like I ruined their day. Morally they're trying to help their teammate and I can admire that.

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:I always pick to rez, even if I die. No way I'll beat two on one and If I go down, I rather it be trying to help someone

You're not helping anyone by dying. What you should do is either try to pick one of them off, or if it's a lost case then leave the fight. Conquest has 3 capture points and respawns, you don't have to overcommit to any fight.

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

I know but being that ruthless is hard. I'll feel like I ruined their day. Morally they're trying to help their teammate and I can admire that.

Lol, but that's the whole point of PvP: to kill all of the people on the other team! ? You're too nice! You'll never win with that kind of mentality, then your team will get mad at you for letting them survive!

@Coyote.8391 said:

Lol, but that's the whole point of PvP: to kill all of the people on the other team! ? You're too nice! You'll never win with that kind of mentality, then your team will get mad at you for letting them survive!

How will they know If I let them survive many times its just me around? I still fight hard. I just don't go as hard when are rezzing but that's the only time. I feel bad for downing both of them while he's trying to help his teammate.

I drop well of blood, start the rez -- and depending on the sitch I will: 1) pop reaper's shroud first and/or 2) stop rezzing and let me two wells of blood do the rez so I can cc/fight.

If I weren't a Reaper, I'd probably try to disengage. No use feeding the opposing team another 5 points!

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

I would not expect this response from someone called iceman.

I love this topic, because folks usually don't know what to do in this situation. @"Trevor Boyer.6524" had a great reply, but to add to it:

• Do not rez if you'll go down.
  • Try to set up a rez by CCing or pressuring your opponent, then reviving.
  • Try to utilize invulns to pull off a rez.
  • Coordinate a rez if your team has sufficient numbers (if you outnumber them, or if one of their teammates is pressured enough that they need to go recover) by calling target.

Check out how a few key revives, a few failed revives by the enemy team literally turned a game from almost lost to completely won in the first minute of this video:

@Tehologist.5841 said:

I would not expect this response from someone called iceman.

Lmao. You know Iceman from the xmen. I am mostly ice. I am hardcore solid. Roling deep. Big Baller but I can't attack a dude trying help a team mates unless they're teaming up on me. I am really a hardperson to fight against, I just let that one thing slip

Archived