When your team mates falls in battle do you rez?

Icemanfrost.5428

@Mbelch.9028 said:I love this topic, because folks usually don't know what to do in this situation. @"Trevor Boyer.6524" had a great reply, but to add to it:

• Do not rez if you'll go down.
  • Try to set up a rez by CCing or pressuring your opponent, then reviving.
  • Try to utilize invulns to pull off a rez.
  • Coordinate a rez if your team has sufficient numbers (if you outnumber them, or if one of their teammates is pressured enough that they need to go recover) by calling target.

Check out how a few key revives, a few failed revives by the enemy team literally turned a game from almost lost to completely won in the first minute of this video:

Omg, that was awesome! I've had a few close matches just like it, but it's great that they recorded it for everyone to see. What awesome plays! I love it! :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Coyote.8391 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:I love this topic, because folks usually don't know what to do in this situation. @"Trevor Boyer.6524" had a great reply, but to add to it:
  • Coordinate a rez if your team has sufficient numbers (if you outnumber them, or if one of their teammates is pressured enough that they need to go recover) by calling target.

Check out how a few key revives, a few failed revives by the enemy team literally turned a game from almost lost to completely won in the first minute of this video:

Omg, that was awesome! I've had a few close matches just like it, but it's great that they recorded it for everyone to see. What awesome plays! I love it! :D

Thank you! I think it shows that you don't just blindly revive your ally if it means you could go down or your team could lose, if you force them to retreat, you'll have a moment to revive.

@Coyote.8391 said:

Nice video

@Mbelch.9028 said:

Thank you! I think it shows that you don't just blindly revive your ally if it means you could go down or your team could lose, if you force them to retreat, you'll have a moment to revive.

Yup! If they back up to use their heal then that gives you an opening to get your friend up! Gotta think on your feet to win in close fights!

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:If you're going to go down as well, don't rez.

Dying is the worst thing that can happen in PvP.

how come

Because when you die you give the enemy +5 points, and are stuck on respawn for a period of time, during which the enemy team has a numbers advantage over your surviving teammates.

If you attempt a rez and die in the process that means both you and the guy you tried to rez are both on respawn, and while you two are on respawn the enemy team has a 5 vs 3 advantage on the map which they can easily exploit to get kills on the remaining 3 thus continuing their numbers advantage.

downstate is a very important part of pvp, can be very decisive especially at lower ranksyou can carry a match if you play downstate well, whether your team member goes down or the opposite.

time your cleave, bombs, cc, rez welldying during downstate fights is the worst, don't die

@Crinn.7864 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:If you're going to go down as well, don't rez.

Dying is the worst thing that can happen in PvP.

how come

Because when you die you give the enemy +5 points, and are stuck on respawn for a period of time, during which the enemy team has a numbers advantage over your surviving teammates.

If you attempt a rez and die in the process that means both you and the guy you tried to rez are both on respawn, and while you two are on respawn the enemy team has a 5 vs 3 advantage on the map which they can easily exploit to get kills on the remaining 3 thus continuing their numbers advantage.

True, you risk getting double teamed and leaving your squad member out all alone. I haven't fully considered this.

I usually follow the classic in-flight rule to, "Attach your own oxygen mask first, before helping someone else with theirs". Once I can safely rez my allies, guildies, fellow players, I do. ALWAYS. I can't recount the number of times when I was out there on my own, still leveling-up, and laying defeated in some swamp or frozen waste, when suddenly a perfect stranger charged in and took the time to get me back on my feet before rushing off on their way. So, yes: get control of the situation with your allies and friends and then rez the good guys the 1st chance you get. It's one of the things that sets the GW2 community head and shoulders above the rest.

I try to res if my teammate got downed away from the fight, and I'm in a decent spot to pull it off. I main Condi mirage/power interrupt mirage, so it's usually not a good idea for me to do it but I try to if I think it's feasible.

I've had one scenario on coliseum where I went down outside mid to condis and the other team was unaware. I start self ressing and am 5 feet away from a deadeye on my team who is pew pewing away, my team gets wiped mid, the deadeye runs off and the other team notices me and stomps. I tell the deadeye "Dude I was right next to you." His response "Just don't go down." I find that mentality especially in a team mode game so frustrating.

Depends...

I'm an opportunist, so if I see 2 people stomping a necro then I'll use that chance to throw all of my AoE and huge spike hits onto them, doing my best to cleave and kill and with any luck my ally will rally.

If I see one person stomping an ally, I prefer to use CC then if I have any push backs or launches available, I use those too to buy time for the rez.

if the ally was someone raging in team chat or playing the blame game, I stow my weapon and /laugh or type in local "oh no, please don't", maybe jump on them too then go back to fighting who ever stomped them.

When I get in that situation I ask myself three things really quickly.

1.) Am I likely to get downed or interrupted if I attempt to rez? If I am playing something tanky or with a damage inversion/stab trait/pushback/assistance on rez, I am more likely to attempt.2.) How low are the other two players? If they are both low I will down them both and then rez, or down one and then rez depending on their response to cleave.3.) What class is the downed individual? Are we going to lose the point? If they are a class that has usable downed skills to avoid being stomped/cleaved, or can rev if pressure is taken off them, I might delay. I tend to partial rev wars in a pinch so they know not to vengeance if I am in a position to rev them.

My decision process for these situations can be simplified to:Is it worth it? As in, has my team mate showed in previous fights that this is a fluke, or is he likely to die again before being useful? If yes, next step, if no, ignore him.Can i survive stay at the spot the guy died? If yes, i stay, if not, i'll go fight somewhere else, or wait for reinforcements.Can i kill whoever killed him in time to allow him to rally? If yes, i do so, if not, next step.Does my build allow me to ress him without getting myself dead on the cleaves (i have invulns, stealths, stabs, whatever is required)? If yes, ress the guy. If not, next step:Can i kill the enemy with whatever HP he has left after killing my ally, bearing in mind that he should have cooldowns up. If yes i fight, if no, back to the start, fight somewhere else, or wait for reinforcements.

you have to weigh the pros and cons of every situation cuz theyre all gonna be different. I myself mess up plenty still.

Pros: you have protection vs power builds or resistance/condi clears vs condi builds, stability, cc for enemy, stealth, blind/weakness for enemy, blocks/invulns, res traits, reflects vs thief/ranger/mesmer, heal skill readyCons: enemy has poison, lots of cleave, invuln stomp (can stomp before you can res if done right), cc for you or your downed bud (launch is really good vs downed)

some good things to do when ressing would include:ressing a little then using dps to get people to back off your downed budkiting if you are low on hp/defensive cds and the enemy is content to let downed bud bleed out (be sure to have cc ready in case they try to stomp since you wont be able to res before they finish your bud)using cc intermittently when ressing (against classes with insta cast invuln/blind/stab like mes, thief or war its a good idea to cc early on in the animation so your cc connects)don't let people get free dps on you. back off if they cleave, put on some counter pressure if you can to force them to back off.

if done right you can keep your bud alive for a while and actually use them as bait for a bomb. usually its better to res them asap tho, unless the cons heavily outweigh the pros and you don't have the cds.

Archived