Would be nice to have dum dum protection

alphafert.6730

I have been very pressed for time lately. Work, moving & preparing to sell a house has severely limited my free time & when I do get to play am often rushed and tired. I play as a way to relax but that has not been working out for me.

Wanting to take advantage of the sales I bought a bunch of bank slots. Like an idiot I didn't notice the 17 slot max & bought 4 past what was possible. I bought 2, used them then bought 4 more (with irl to gem transaction). All 4 purchased after my slots were maxed are unusable. I thought I was ok because it didn't let me buy more than max garden slots & other similar purchases stated across the bottom (you can buy __ more at this price).

My concern is why did it let me buy more than max? I understand not being able to sell them but I can't even gift them to a friend. :(

I also accidentally used a permanent bank contract with no confirmation that I intended to sell. My relaxation is stressing me out.

@Majic.4801 said:As others have pointed out, support should be able to sort this out.

And yeah, it would make sense for ArenaNet to lock out purchases of excess bank tabs like they do for dozens of other items purchased through the gem store.

Of course that would impact those that have maxed number of bank tabs but are willing to buy when on sale and hope they’ll increase the number allowed, as they’ve done several times already. So perhaps ANet allows it as the max number won’t always be the max number.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Majic.4801 said:As others have pointed out, support should be able to sort this out.

And yeah, it would make sense for ArenaNet to lock out purchases of excess bank tabs like they do for dozens of other items purchased through the gem store.

Of course that would impact those that have maxed number of bank tabs but are willing to buy when on sale and hope they’ll increase the number allowed, as they’ve done several times already. So perhaps ANet allows it as the max number won’t always be the max number.

In that case, I think a notice stating you are buying more tabs then you currently can have would be a solution, unless that actually already exists.

I did that in the past too, but at that time, support wouldn't do anything when I asked about it. I just stuck it in my bank and waited and then with this latest increase was finally able to use it. Hopefully it won't be several years before the next tab-limit increase and you can use yours soon.

But I do agree that there should be a warning on it like there is with some of the other items.

Archived